Gold Cup 2015

iseah100

Not a lot of CONCACAF fans here, I realize that. But football is football, guys, and this is the last tournament before the pre season kicks off. Mexico, USA, and Costa Rica the favorites, in that order. Have you guys seen any of the games?

Mexico dominated Cuba 6-0, USA squeaked by Honduras 2-1 and Costa Rica drew with Jamaica 2-2.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Trinidad v. Guatemala last night. I think Trinidad will actually qualify for the knockout stages for once. I remember when we qualified for the 2006 WC, absolute scenes. If we can somehow squeak into the semifinals and finish 3rd that'd be an amazing achievement.

I don't mean to dominate the thread with Trinidad & Tobago stuff, but the possibility of the team participating in next year's Cenetenario edition of Copa America is really exciting to me. That's a special competition and it's a special edition of it as well.

Since the USA, Mexico, Costa Rica and Jamaica (who beat us on penalties in the Caribbean Cup to gain automatic qualification) are already qualified, the two highest finishers besides those 4 teams will qualify for next year's Copa America. It's likely that T&T will finish runners up in group C and will have to play the runners up in group B in the quarterfinals. As long as they avoid Costa Rica (El Salvador, Jamaica, Canada are all in the running for runners up), they'll have a solid shot at the semifinal (likely vs. Mexico) and the third place match which would mean qualification for the Copa next year.

Bottomline: Semifinals or bust!

My bet is on USA here. They managed to get some very nice results over past few months.

Eh, they have never impressed me. I think they could get knocked out vs CR before mexico does. They looked meh vs Honduras. I'd love a USA-Mexico final.

I don't mean to dominate the thread with Trinidad & Tobago stuff, but the possibility of the team participating in next year's Cenetenario edition of Copa America is really exciting to me. That's a special competition and it's a special edition of it as well.

Since the USA, Mexico, Costa Rica and Jamaica (who beat us on penalties in the Caribbean Cup to gain automatic qualification) are already qualified, the two highest finishers besides those 4 teams will qualify for next year's Copa America. It's likely that T&T will finish runners up in group C and will have to play the runners up in group B in the quarterfinals. As long as they avoid Costa Rica (El Salvador, Jamaica, Canada are all in the running for runners up), they'll have a solid shot at the semifinal (likely vs. Mexico) and the third place match which would mean qualification for the Copa next year.

Bottomline: Semifinals or bust!

I remeber in '06 when they qualified, it was huge. If I had to choose a team to make it, it'd be them, idk why but i really dislike Honduras, Jamaica and others. T&T could make the semis, but they'd get smacked[emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

No doubt we'd get smacked by Mexico. We're gonna get smacked by yall in the final group game as well lmao.

Semifinals would be huge and if we can beat Jamaica in the QF, knowing the semifinals means we're in the Copa next year, would be sweet revenge for last year's Caribbean Cup loss. Please let it be Jamaica and not Costa Rica!

My personal predictions:

Group A winner: USA

Group A runner-up: Panama

Group B winner: Costa Rica

Group B runner-up: Jamaica

Group C winner: Mexico

Group C runner-up: T&T

Third places qualifiers: Canada, Honduras

Semifinals: Costa Rica vs. USA, Mexico vs. T&T

Final: USA vs. Mexico

First Place: Mexico

Second Place: USA

Third Place: Costa Rica

Fourth Place: Trinidad and Tobago

USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, and Canada as the six CONCACAF representatives in next year's Copa America.

My personal predictions:

Group A winner: USA

Group A runner-up: Panama

Group B winner: Costa Rica

Group B runner-up: Jamaica

Group C winner: Mexico

Group C runner-up: T&T

Third places qualifiers: Canada, Honduras

Semifinals: Costa Rica vs. USA, Mexico vs. T&T

Final: USA vs. Mexico

First Place: Mexico

Second Place: USA

Third Place: Costa Rica

Fourth Place: Trinidad and Tobago

USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, and Canada as the six CONCACAF representatives in next year's Copa America.

Sounds awesome to me! Mexico will thump USA in the final. Why so many participants in the Copa america?

I think Costa Rica may crash out, they weren't impressive and may have been a one time wonder. We'll see. Don't sleep on Honduras.

Who would've thought Mexico would tie Guatemala? Trinidad are first in the group with 6 points to Mexico's 4 :)

Bro the Soca Warriors always play El Tri tough - it will be interesting to see El Tri go against a confident Trinidad side - btw is there a chance TnT play The Reggae Boyz? that would be an awesome clash right there

Bro the Soca Warriors always play El Tri tough - it will be interesting to see El Tri go against a confident Trinidad side - btw is there a chance TnT play The Reggae Boyz? that would be an awesome clash right there

The best chance is if we both finish second in the group. Right now both the Soca Warriors and Reggae Boyz are first in their respective groups.

The best chance is if we both finish second in the group. Right now both the Soca Warriors and Reggae Boyz are first in their respective groups.

It would be awesome for Caribbean Footie if both Nations can win their groups - both will be against it, but I have seen many crazy results from this competition - probably the biggest is when Canada won the Copa de Oro back in 2000 - I still believe the tournament was fixed :Goober:

Eh, they have never impressed me. I think they could get knocked out vs CR before mexico does. They looked meh vs Honduras. I'd love a USA-Mexico final.

We may have looked "meh" versus Honduras and Haiti, but at least we don't have a draw to show for it.

Looks like we can add Hati to the conversation of Best Caribbean Nations. Possibility that next round will have Hati vs Jamaica. That should be a tasty affair.