NY Red Bulls v Chelsea

Jase

Apparently these are the youngsters travelling with the first-squad: Ruben Loftus-cheek, Dom Solanke, Bertand Traore, Ola Aina, Jake Clarke-Salter, Charly Musonda (and GK's).

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently these are the youngsters travelling with the first-squad: Ruben Loftus-cheek, Dom Solanke, Bertand Traore, Ola Aina, Jake Clarke-Salter, Charly Musonda (and GK's).

HOPE they keep off RED BULL and Vodka

Everyone I wanted bar Boga. What's going on with him?

EDIT:

Also, what's going on with Colkett and Jay Da Silva?

Everyone I wanted bar Boga. What's going on with him?

EDIT:

Also, what's going on with Colkett and Jay Da Silva?

Colkett was brilliant in the first tour match, a shame he isn't going. Maybe the club have a loan move lined up for him. He's the best kept secret in our academy, IMO.

Sounds like he's off to Marseille on loan

Im not so sure about that. We seem to sort out our loan deals fairly fast + Marseille already begun their pre-season training (first match this friday i think). If he was seriously linked i think he would already be gone. Im also a bit surprised that Musonda is joining them on tour. Does that mean he will fight for a place when they return (or will he go on loan after the tour)? Because 2 weeks ago he was talking with AS Monaco, Olympique Marseille and Arsenal. I guess Mourinho convinced him to stay.

@The Skipper: I think Jay Dasilva is a bit too young (from 1998). About Colkett, he kinda play's in the same position as RLC, and there's probably no place for him. There is not alot of youth coming with the team, because our squad is already quite complete when we go to Montreal (Bar Willian, Falcao and Cuadrado). I guess Dom Solanke acts as the third striker, Musonda as the second N10 that can fill in for Oscar (can play as a left/right winger too, and in central midfield), Bertrand Traore as the right winger, Ola Aina is an exciting right back (can play in central defence also). Don't know much about Jake Clarke-Salter though, maybe someone else can fill us in why Mourinho lets him join the tour.

I think you copied this from ChelseaYouth twitter, right?
If so, it's not an official squad, just his guess.

I think you copied this from ChelseaYouth twitter, right?
If so, it's not an official squad, just his guess.

Idd, but most of the time he's pretty reliable. Guess we'll know more tonight when the U21's play, and see who's missing in their squad.

#CFCU21: Beeney, Ali, Sammut, Conroy, Dasilva, Christie-Davies, Wakefield, Colkett, Abraham, Palmer, Kiwomya.

So probably no Colkett and Dasilva on tour. Dunno about Jeremie Boga, he's probably going unless he's on the bench.

Im not so sure about that. We seem to sort out our loan deals fairly fast + Marseille already begun their pre-season training (first match this friday i think). If he was seriously linked i think he would already be gone. Im also a bit surprised that Musonda is joining them on tour. Does that mean he will fight for a place when they return (or will he go on loan after the tour)? Because 2 weeks ago he was talking with AS Monaco, Olympique Marseille and Arsenal. I guess Mourinho convinced him to stay.

@The Skipper: I think Jay Dasilva is a bit too young (from 1998). About Colkett, he kinda play's in the same position as RLC, and there's probably no place for him. There is not alot of youth coming with the team, because our squad is already quite complete when we go to Montreal (Bar Willian, Falcao and Cuadrado). I guess Dom Solanke acts as the third striker, Musonda as the second N10 that can fill in for Oscar (can play as a left/right winger too, and in central midfield), Bertrand Traore as the right winger, Ola Aina is an exciting right back (can play in central defence also). Don't know much about Jake Clarke-Salter though, maybe someone else can fill us in why Mourinho lets him join the tour.

1) Even father of Boga talked that there's an opportunity for him to go to Marseille - it depends what Bielsa wants and if he can get him playing time.

But I think there's bigger chance that he goes to Rayo Vallecano - they did brilliant job with Kakuta and Chelsea like to send youngsters to proven places, Christiansen send to Gladbach after Thorgan, Baker to MK Dons after Bamford etc.

So I'm expecting him to go to Vallecano, if there's still the same coach (I checked now, there's).

2) Don't know about Musonda but he probably suits Marseille more than Boga - he has stamina, intelligence and willingness to track back, he's far more polished tactically. But who knows, maybe he stays, IMO he's ready to get 15 games in the next season but I'm expecting him to go on loan just yet.

3) Jake Clark-Salter, good prospect, ridiculously good passer as a CB (JT-like), good size but lacks pace which he got exposed in the youth. Positionally he's good.

Off topic - only season ticket holders can get tickets for the Community Shield?

If i already bought reguler membership, can i use it for any of this season games? or theres a date limit?

If you've bought a 2015/16 membership that will be fine for all the other games. Community shield is only an issue because we've been given a stupidly small allocation

If anyone needs a ticket to this match, I have an extra in the singing and standing section with Chelsea in America that I cant use due to a family commitment that popped up. Drop me a msg if you are interested.

ticket was $78

we are taking players to a pre-season to get their fitness up to the mark and some match practise.

whats with "why did we not take boga/musonda/colkett/x,y,z youth player"

unlike last season, we are getting only 3/4 matches for our pre-season. we need our first team players to play as much time as they can. instead of wasting them on players who would have NO part at all in the coming season. also, this summer, its been almost no football for most of them, unlike last year, where the players would have been training rigourously for the world cup.

the squad we have taken, pulls no punches.

Goalkeepers: Thibaut Courtois, Asmir Begović, Jamal Blackman
Defenders: John Terry, Gary Cahill, Kurt Zouma, Branislav Ivanović, César Azpilicueta, Ola Aina, Jake Clarke-Salter
Midfielders: John Obi Mikel, Ramires, Cesc Fàbregas, Nemanja Matić, Oscar, Eden Hazard, Victor Moses, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Nathaniel Chalobah
Forwards: Diego Costa, Loïc Rémy, Dominic Solanke, Bertrand Traoré

falcao, willian, luis and juan will join a week later (the latter 2 might not even be here by the end of the transfer window). so basically our first team squad plus a chalobah/RLC. good enough for me.

lets get them up and running for the coming season.

ps - thank god for no salahs and no marins and no piazons to waste our time.