NY Red Bulls 4-2 Chelsea

Jase

I really don't care if it is justified for you or not. I'm not going to censor myself because your knickers are twisted.

If you don't like it, ignore it. Simplest way.

I sense the 'twat' is strong in this one!

Was it just me that was impressed by Moses, Cesc, Oscar in bits and thought Azpilicueta was really poor? And if anybody thinks John Stones is the answer to sort out our defence then I am losing hope... was only pre-season but some guys surprised me by looking really poor but they need match time to get their rhythm back.

Oscar was half decent to be fair as well in the first half but he still holds onto the ball too long and didn't go for another clear killer pass which you'd expect a number 10 of his supposed ability and talent should instead deciding to hold onto it and let Remy go offside and shoot. Frustrating as he could of created those another potential goal.. but two assists not too bad. Needs to get that into him, that bit of arrogance and ruthlessness to pick that killer pass.

Begovic had a dream debut too huh?

What type of grass is the stadium? Everyone seems to be either over hitting or under hitting their passes...

There was a 120 minute game played the day before. I also don't remember them watering the grass during HT but I could be wrong.

Was it just me that was impressed by Moses, Cesc, Oscar in bits and thought Azpilicueta was really poor? And if anybody thinks John Stones is the answer to sort out our defence then I am losing hope... was only pre-season but some guys surprised me by looking really poor but they need match time to get their rhythm back.

Oscar was half decent to be fair as well in the first half but he still holds onto the ball too long and didn't go for another clear killer pass which you'd expect a number 10 of his supposed ability and talent should instead deciding to hold onto it and let Remy go offside and shoot. Frustrating as he could of created those another potential goal.. but two assists not too bad. Needs to get that into him, that bit of arrogance and ruthlessness to pick that killer pass.

Begovic had a dream debut too huh?

Is this your first time watching Oscar? Mourinho starts him to play defense, not create.

There was a 120 minute game played the day before. I also don't remember them watering the grass during HT but I could be wrong.

Is this your first time watching Oscar? Mourinho starts him to play defense, not create.

Are you joking? Its not like he intentionally gave them back the ball instead of playing the pass so he could tackle the guy and win it back or whatever. He didn't play the pass because either he couldn't (probably) or he didn't see Remy's run (doubt it). Holy shit.

I sense the 'twat' is strong in this one!

Pot. Kettle. Black. I can't make a joke about bestiality yet you can call me a twat? Pissoff with your double standards. Nice to see you had to stoop to ad hominem; which is funny for someone that appeared to have a facade of superiority beforehand. Let's review:

1. I make a post that is unrelated to you (in every single sense).
  2. You get offended by it, yet the two people that it was directed at didn't care at all.
  3. I say it's not my problem if you are offended; ignore it if it bothers you so.
  4. You call me twat.

But yeah you are right, I'm the 'twat' in this scenario.

Or I could twist your original post into something relevant to your last post (and I shall break it down for you):

The fuck has this got to do with the thread? [as in a Chelsea post-match game thread]

I am very much fighting for gender equality at the moment [as in the slur you posted that refers to me as a women's body part, inferring there is something wrong with female genitalia] and find this kind of comment disgusting [i am offended by your blatantly uncalled for usage of the word 'twat']!

How anyone can get upset at the result is beyond me!! xD. Just watched the match and not only is it the first game back with only like a week of training but we outright deserved to win that game comfortably. Not that it matters but good god their first goal was lucky as sin due to the ball cannoning off Begovic, off the striker and back to his feet. The 3rd goal was even worse, a flick off of Matic's heel, a missed overhead kick then hits 2 players who are not even expecting it and falls straight to the feet of the striker free in the box. And the icing on the cake their 4th included a Ramires error (never!) followed by a double deflection forcing it through Begovic's fingers. Add on top of that the fact that Chelsea deserved at least 4 goals from the game (Costa and Moses in particular were really unlucky) and 19 times out of 20 we'd be coming out of that game with a win.

One thing I would say is that hopefully Tibo and JT got their respective brainfarts for the season out of the way in this game because both made pretty horrific mistakes that would give me an aneurysm if they did that in a match that mattered. I would say the same for Ramires but we all know what he's like!! I would be more surprised if that was the only one he makes.

Can't believe people are reading into it that much tbh, I've been missing Chelsea as much as the next fan on here but pre season friendlies are just that - friendlies. If you stayed up to watch it then sorry but that's your bad. You should've known that watching Chelsea pre season is nothing more than an extended training exercise and the only scouting that can truly be achieved is watching to see if partnerships work or if anyone does a specific part of their game exceptionally better than they have done before.

Lets talk about the game, this is becoming a joke all these threads lately. Too much bickering, too much hate.

Please, lets debate and keep TC a good place to be.

It might have kicked off when there was so much hate on people that liked a bit of humor on here. People that hated a joke, a meme, a gif, etc. They chased the entire pub section of jolly guys off (kojo among them).

Thats where the bitterness started imo and it spiraled out of control.

But thats just my impression and i am sure its a biased one. Which does not imply it cannot have any truth to it. Where does all the sourness come from, I wonder.

Ps: im really not being a cynic here, but we had some seriously funny interactions going on here more than a year ago.

Go back for the 5 or so seasons, check our results in preseason and compare how we did in preseason to how well we did in the following season and how much we win.

I did it last season to make a point. Generally, (and pure coincidentally) whenever we do badly in preseason we end up having an excellent season and whenever we win all our preseason matches we tend to have a poor season.

There is no correlation between preseason performances and the capabilities of a team. None. You cannot anything about what the team lacks or needs from these fitness training matches.

Some fanboys are just new to the whole fanboy thing. Don't take it personal, I just look at the comments and laugh.

This guy actually thinks that because he had to stay up past his bedtime to watch the game that he's justified in his whining.

What type of grass is the stadium? Everyone seems to be either over hitting or under hitting their passes...

Tbh...it might have had a part to play, even if its not an excuse. Too many scuffed shots in front of goal., crappy clearances, and lot of under-hit passes by players (ala Hazard) who are typically more careful with the ball.

Whatever the grass was, I don't think the players were too comfortable with it.

Pot. Kettle. Black. I can't make a joke about bestiality yet you can call me a twat? Pissoff with your double standards. Nice to see you had to stoop to ad hominem; which is funny for someone that appeared to have a facade of superiority beforehand. Let's review:

• I make a post that is unrelated to you (in every single sense).
  • You get offended by it, yet the two people that it was directed at didn't care at all.
  • I say it's not my problem if you are offended; ignore it if it bothers you so.
  • You call me twat.
But yeah you are right, I'm the 'twat' in this scenario.

Or I could twist your original post into something relevant to your last post (and I shall break it down for you):

Err Dude I was trolling.. Chill winston ... I was just bored at the time lol. I didn't think you would react soo seriously!!!

You can talk about or actually fuck as many cats as you like.. That's your business and I couldn't give a single solitary fuck!

United won this competition (guinees world championship) last year, but what happened as the season starts till it finished? a Joke.

We didn't quite perform in last year's pre-season as well but we managed to grab Two major prizes at the end of the season.

Chill mate, this is what preseason's all about, manager try to analyze the team's strength and weakness as well as assessing each player performance before deciding to form the top 11. We can also see which one deserve first team play and which one is not through this whole pre-season matches.

:eyebrows:

Maybe but lets not forget. United is building a good team this season. Have always admired Schweinsteiger, and I am sure he won't be another Di Maria ! If he did I would be kind of happy and sad :S

The thing is after so long seeing chelsea lads back in action, you are all pumped up and when you see a result like this its kind of a kick to your groin !

Anyways hopefully we can defend that title and get the champions league too :)

Err Dude I was trolling.. Chill winston ... I was just bored at the time lol. I didn't think you would react soo seriously!!!

You can talk about or actually fuck as many cats as you like.. That's your business and I couldn't give a single solitary fuck!

Eh, I can't even tell anymore. There are so many precious snowflakes on the internet that offended at the drop of a feather these days.

Maybe but lets not forget. United is building a good team this season. Have always admired Schweinsteiger, and I am sure he won't be another Di Maria ! If he did I would be kind of happy and sad :S

The thing is after so long seeing chelsea lads back in action, you are all pumped up and when you see a result like this its kind of a kick to your groin !

Anyways hopefully we can defend that title and get the champions league too :)

I agree that United and City are splashing their cash Madly for the incoming season, some of their new signings are already proved themselves in their pre-season matches (e.g Schweiny and Ster'lol')

But again as Mourinho's quoted last night

@ChelseaFC 13h13 hours ago

Mourinho: 'Pre-season is fake, for good and for bad. If you're very bad it's fake, and if you're too good it's fake.' #CFCTour

:lol:

Although i agree as a fans who missed to see their lovely club playing, we did wish have a great result in opening game, Let's see in the next interesting games gainst PSG, Barca, and Arsenal (<= this one is a fucking serious game and i won't consider this as a mere friendly! :shoot: ).

Oh, and i still believed in Manager's Factor to embrace our next season, we still have a Manager other clubs wish they had! :heart:

It seems like its ok gor us to lose against a bunch of kids. And it wouldnt make a blind bit of difference to the squad if we got hammered in every friendly we played.

Apparently losing doesnt affect players morale.

After a loss I can normally just go grab a couple of pints, shake my head around and be ready to take on the world again but there just seems to be alot more going on here than we know and its got me really nervous. I really hope I'm just being a big girls blouse!