Predictions for 2015/16 season?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant make any guesses for next season yet without seeing everyones comings and goings.

But Im GUESSING that Mous number 1 priority is going to be Europe.

What I was wondering is what you guys would think if Mou turned around and said summet like

"I want us to concentrate on the CL so Im not going into the home competitions seriously and we arent going to try to win the league only come in the top 4. But what I want to do is to use the games to experiment with players/formations etc so when we do play in Europe we will have the best team of fit,rested players we can use."

I;m wondering if he would get a pat on the back for attempting it or a kick in the bollox from one and all. kick-in-the-balls_zpszlefrw7d.gif

I cant make any guesses for next season yet without seeing everyones comings and goings.

What I was wondering is what you guys would think if Mou turned around and said summet like

"I want us to concentrate on the CL so Im not going into the home competitions seriously and we arent going to try to win the league only come in the top 4. But what I want to do is to use the games to experiment with players/formations etc so when we do play in Europe we will have the best team of fit,rested players we can use."

I;m wondering if he would get a pat on the back for attempting it or a kick in the bollox from one and all. kick-in-the-balls_zpszlefrw7d.gif

I would be horrified.

The Champions League is so hard to win that even if you fully focus on that you are more likely to fail than succeed.

Main focus should always be the league, and whatever comes with it great.

I don't understand why you guys are saying that we can't win the champions league . This team is a really strong team if we can't win the Champs league now with this team , then i don't see us winning it in the near future. I think with Mourinho's brilliance and a world class signing only Barca would be able to challenge us in europe. As for Bayern, their team can be destroyed by some fast counter attacking play. As for Real Madrid, they have got a real good manager at their hands :D:D:D:D

Don't care about Community, FA Cup and Curling Cup (don't even know how its called today).

Really hard predict a UCL season. 2008, 2009 and 2011 season aside, for the past 10 years a team that nobody expects reach the final: Liverpool 2005, Arsenal 2006, Milan 2007, both Inter and Bayern in 2010, when everybody was expecting Barcelona vs United again in the final, Chelsea in 2012, Borussia 2013, Atletico 2014 and Juventus 2015. So, its safe to say we won't see Bayern, Real or Barcelona facing each other in 2016 UCL Final, and a team that is not considered good enough to do it in the beginning of the season will reach the final. Chelsea might be this team, and a 2012 miracle is not needed, because the current team is way better than the 2012 one.

To other side, in PL the most consistent team usually won, not necessarily the best. My top 4 prediction with the current situation:

1- Arsenal

2- Chelsea

3- United

4- City

If we consider the second leg of last season (last 19 games), Arsenal got 42 points, Chelsea 41, United 37 and City 36. If we dont get last 3 games into consideration, since the league was over, we have Arsenal and Chelsea both with 37, United 32 and City 27.

Arsenal was the team with the best football for the second leg of the season. The 12 point gap between Arsenal and Chelsea was entirely created in the beginning of the season, when Arsenal was still struggling with the new players. They will have a stronger start this season, specially with Cech. A great GK might be the difference between a 2nd and a trophy.

City team is in decline and United and United will get the 3rd.

Despite a great start, our team was far from impressive this year and failed to produce good football. 2-2 result against PSG was a low, specially after David Luiz was humiliated and the french side was easily beaten by Barcelona. Perhaps the best piece of football was produced in the 1-0 victory against the unimpressive United side, and it seems for another season Azpilicueta and Ivanovic will be our main fullbacks.

Don't care about Community, FA Cup and Curling Cup (don't even know how its called today).

Really hard predict a UCL season. 2008, 2009 and 2011 season aside, for the past 10 years a team that nobody expects reach the final: Liverpool 2005, Arsenal 2006, Milan 2007, both Inter and Bayern in 2010, when everybody was expecting Barcelona vs United again in the final, Chelsea in 2012, Borussia 2013, Atletico 2014 and Juventus 2015. So, its safe to say we won't see Bayern, Real or Barcelona facing each other in 2016 UCL Final, and a team that is not considered good enough to do it in the beginning of the season will reach the final. Chelsea might be this team, and a 2012 miracle is not needed, because the current team is way better than the 2012 one.

To other side, in PL the most consistent team usually won, not necessarily the best. My top 4 prediction with the current situation:

1- Arsenal

2- Chelsea

3- United

4- City

If we consider the second leg of last season (last 19 games), Arsenal got 42 points, Chelsea 41, United 37 and City 36. If we dont get last 3 games into consideration, since the league was over, we have Arsenal and Chelsea both with 37, United 32 and City 27.

Arsenal was the team with the best football for the second leg of the season. The 12 point gap between Arsenal and Chelsea was entirely created in the beginning of the season, when Arsenal was still struggling with the new players. They will have a stronger start this season, specially with Cech. A great GK might be the difference between a 2nd and a trophy.

City team is in decline and United and United will get the 3rd.

Despite a great start, our team was far from impressive this year and failed to produce good football. 2-2 result against PSG was a low, specially after David Luiz was humiliated and the french side was easily beaten by Barcelona. Perhaps the best piece of football was produced in the 1-0 victory against the unimpressive United side, and it seems for another season Azpilicueta and Ivanovic will be our main fullbacks.

Agree entirely. I'd take the CL and a 3rd place finish, but realistically probably FA Cup, 2nd place finish, and CL Semi final.

So MU sign Bastian, Darmian and soon to be Schneiderlin with Otamendi

City sign Sterling and soon maybe will sign De Bruyne/Pogba

Arsenal sign Cech and might sign someone like Benzema/Cavani

We are just sitting here getting our ass rejected by every high profile players we want to sign(Isco, Pogba, Turan) or not linked with anyone big at all. Having to settle for some unknown Chilean and Pedro a discard winger from Barca. I am genuinely worried, we are good enough to challenge for the title as long as Jose is here but winning it is a different matter. It is not like we are short of money either, City shown that FFP is in the bin now(as UEFA admitted a few weeks ago) so why the hell are we still trying to play by the rule when it is clear no one is following it. Just go out there and throw 40m on someone like Reus/Isco/Gotze. Boom AM section sorted for a few years.

We are just sitting here getting our ass rejected by every high profile players we want to sign(Isco, Pogba, Turan) or not linked with anyone big at all. Having to settle for some unknown Chilean and Pedro a discard winger from Barca. I am genuinely worried, we are good enough to challenge for the title as long as Jose is here but winning it is a different matter. It is not like we are short of money either, City shown that FFP is in the bin now(as UEFA admitted a few weeks ago) so why the hell are we still trying to play by the rule when it is clear no one is following it. Just go out there and throw 40m on someone like Reus/Isco/Gotze. Boom AM section sorted for a few years.

Arsenal were supposed Cavani/Benzema for the las 4 transfer windows. United MAY sign Otamendi and Darmian is such a huge signing now? When no one knew him before? Okay. City won't sign Pogba/KDB. Chelsea will sign who they need, relax.

We have 1.5 months left of the transer window to buy players.

One RW or CM and we're set anyway.

We have 1.5 months left of the transer window to buy players.

One RW or CM and we're set anyway.

Yeah but this is unlike us we usually do business early nowadays so they can settle for preseason in a couple of weeks. I know that is why I am frustated, assuming we have like 50-100m to spend we should be going out there for those couple of signings that will improve our 11 but we are apparently more interested in backups like Pedro.

kick-in-the-balls_zpszlefrw7d.gif

I reckon and dearly hope you are guessing wrong. The league should always be the priority.

Anything else such as the CL, FA Cup and lastly the League cup is a bonus and if we do well and are lucky enough to win one on top of winning the league..then all well and good.

For those mentioning irrelevant trophies such as the Community shield......They dont count. For me the match against Fiorentina 3 days later is more important as it is our last pre season game

Community Shield - Chelsea 2 Arsenal 0 (Costa, Pedro)

CoC - QFs, doubt we will be interested in this next season

FA Cup - Winners

PL - Winners - As things stand i can see us walking the league again.

CL - i think we will get far, no idea how far

Golden Boot - Costa

Golden Gloves - Courtois

PFA POTY - Hazard

PFA YPOTY - Van Ginkel

I reckon and dearly hope you are guessing wrong. The league should always be the priority.

Anything else such as the CL, FA Cup and lastly the League cup is a bonus and if we do well and are lucky enough to win one on top of winning the league..then all well and good.

For those mentioning irrelevant trophies such as the Community shield......They dont count. For me the match against Fiorentina 3 days later is more important as it is our last pre season game

How can you say the Charity Shield doesnt matter? We have won it a total of 3 times and this ones against the fuckin gooners.

If you dont think that its important to beat this bunch of tossers theres summet wrong somewhere.

How can you say the Charity Shield doesnt matter? We have won it a total of 3 times and this ones against the fuckin gooners.

If you dont think that its important to beat this bunch of tossers theres summet wrong somewhere.

because its a friendly......just like the international cup friendlies v Barca, PSG and Fiorentina.

I regard the Fiorentina one as the most important one of the pre season as its the last one before season start and we get to see where we are at

because its a friendly......just like the international cup friendlies v Barca, PSG and Fiorentina.

I regard the Fiorentina one as the most important one of the pre season as its the last one before season start and we get to see where we are at

There are NO FRIENDLIES between us and the North Londoners ffs.