Predictions for 2015/16 season?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure where is this negative energy coming tbh.

I agree CL will be damn hard to win and PL from 2016/17 season will get harder and harder, but the thread says next year only.

We still have the most complete team, by far best manager, squad that is playing together for some time now, several players at peak or not even there yet.

Next season it will be harder indeed, but honestly I will be surprised if we dont win it again, regardless of who we sign. Maybe Im dilussional, but last year we performed very consistent through year and that is the key.

Arsenal never manages to play whole year on top level (if Im correct they finished two seasons greatly but been poor either at start or in middle). Both Manchesters are in transition. United bought several players, it will take time for them to fit in (like Di Maria or Falcao last year). But Schneiderlin could indeed be very good for them IMO. City on other hand has always strong second season. But their main guy Yaya is getting old. Infact whole team is. Kompany was shadow of himself and if they fix all that, they will be dangerous, but I doubt Pellegrini can achieve that.

Meanwhile, Hazard, Tibo, Zouma, Azpi, Willian, Oscar are on the rise and Costa, Cesc are now heading into second season with us, fully ready.

That said, never underestimate opponents and Mou knows it. We will bring someone or even more. Either top player or rotation options.

Finaly, my wildcard is Oscar. Dont know why but I have feeling about him that he will do realy well next season.

Cannot see Chelsea winning the PL unless a few more players are added. Walking the league last year was more about the rest of the league not being up to snuff rather than Chelsea rolling everyone.

I'm not sure why so many are confident after watching the last 4 months of the season. Injury luck was good last year but you cannot expect the same.

The team was exhausted and new players are needed to give the top guys rest otherwise they'll flame out get injured in the second half.

Need at least 3 more players .

Cannot see Chelsea winning the PL unless a few more players are added. Walking the league last year was more about the rest of the league not being up to snuff rather than Chelsea rolling everyone.

I'm not sure why so many are confident after watching the last 4 months of the season. Injury luck was good last year but you cannot expect the same.

The team was exhausted and new players are needed to give the top guys rest otherwise they'll flame out get injured in the second half.

The last 4 months was why we won the league.

City were terrible aswell, but that was where the quality of the manager came In, Jose made sure the results didn't suffer while Pellegrini hid behind "style" and City bombed.

Consensus this time last year was, this league is ours and we have to win either the PL or CL, especially with this squad. I personally believed if we didn't win the league with our squad last season, it would've been a failure. Having seen our squad for a full season, we've seen the weaknesses in our squad including but not limited to: Oscar not living up to his potential, Willian, while still not being a threat defenses have to worry about, embodies Mourinho's system to a tee... in Oscar's position, lack of rotation for Matic, Fab not being an effective 10, Ivanovic leaving the right side exposed, Cahill only looking Chelsea quality in a defensive system.

How many of these things have been improved upon? Just because we have young talent does not mean they're going to develop into world class players. This isn't FIFA, young talent isn't guaranteed to grow. We haven't brought in competition for these guys who are experiencing their first major trophy with the club, possibly their careers. Complacency is real. That's why the pessimism is alive and kicking. The city of Manchester has improved and could still improve. We haven't.

My expectations:

a) If the squad stays as is or we only add squad or future prospect players from now on then tbh I really only want us to retain our PL title. If a cup comes along with that then great, but I think that the PL should be our overwhelming target. 1/4 final of the CL is a must to keep the coefficient up but after that I wouldn't be expecting much more with the current squad.

B) Now if we sign a World Class RW or CAM (and we really should) then my expectations will go up and I think we should win the PL and either get to the CL final or win a cup.

My prediction:

Realistically it's going to be a lot tougher to retain the PL than it was to win it in the first place. But even though other teams are strengthening I don't think any of them have surpassed our squad in terms of overall strength and we still have something none of them have: a top class manager in the shape of Mourinho.

a) PL Winners, FA Cup semi final, COC 1/4 final, CL semi final.

B) PL Winners, FA Cup Winners, COC final (loss to Man City), CL final (loss to Barcelona).

Not injury luck if it's the case every year, is it?

PL champs, FA cup champs, cl semi final.

Community shield winners.

2nd or 3rd in the league.

Winners of one domestic cup but not both.

Quarter finals of the Championsleague.

Lots of areas where are rivals have improved, which we haven't with our recent replacements. (Drogba vs Falcao is debatable) With the squad players at our disposal, we are in for a frustrating season.

Community shield winners.

2nd or 3rd in the league.

Winners of one domestic cup but not both.

Quarter finals of the Championsleague.

Lots of areas where are rivals have improved, which we haven't with our recent replacements. (Drogba vs Falcao is debatable) With the squad players at our disposal, we are in for a frustrating season.

What's wrong witthe squad players? Cuardado, Mikel, ramires, begovic, lb, falcao, remy, zouma. Team is fine imo.

What's wrong witthe squad players? Cuardado, Mikel, ramires, begovic, lb, falcao, remy, zouma. Team is fine imo.

I agree except for Mikel and Ramires, what if Matic is injured for a few months? Do you feel comfortable with Mikel-Fabregas as your pivot? I really don't.