Charles Aranguiz

the wes

My only real concern is that he never played in europe, and PL is probably physicaly most difficult league, even more so to play for Chelsea with high work rate, pressure, etc. He wont be a starter here, but will sit on bench and will have to give impact everytime when he will get on pitch. I think for someone who didnt play in europe could be very difficult situation, because he wont even have opportunity to get a run of games and adopt to PL and CL, just my thoughts.

For 10-15m I dont see why not as Mikel replacement, but he is quite a risk.

That said, I only saw him in Copa where he did great, but that is alot different quality of tournament compared to CL or PL, and on top, those two last whole season, not just one month.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't completely disagree with you here, but look at the very best clubs in the world. Bayern walks their league every year now yet still look to sign superstars every summer. Barca has Messi and Neymar but still go out and spend 75m or whatever on Suarez. Real Madrid have a squad full of superstars yet still constantly add more.

To be fair, Bayern needed improvement and they did it over the years. Barca needed to replace Pedro/Sanchez because they bottled most big games and Real is... Real.

Plus, add to that the fact that, there aren't many superstars available, right now. Doubt, that if we had the chance to sign someone who would be that much of a drastic improvement, we wouldn't at least try.

I don't completely disagree with you here, but look at the very best clubs in the world. Bayern walks their league every year now yet still look to sign superstars every summer. Barca has Messi and Neymar but still go out and spend 75m or whatever on Suarez. Real Madrid have a squad full of superstars yet still constantly add more.

Like someone said above, we don't want to pull a City here and go for a few squad players rather than a couple of first XI players that can immediately take us up a level. We can't just hope we have an unbelievably lucky injury free season like we did last year. Our opponents will almost certainly be much better next season. Signing a third striker, a backup keeper, and a bench warming fullback to replace Luis isn't going to help us advance further in the CL or be any stronger in the PL.

When you win the league you should use it as a platform to create something special. You shouldn't play the "we're already better than our rivals so we don't need much" card. Remember when people in the media were questioning whether City could dominate English football for years not so long ago? Instead they sign players like Fernando, Jovetic, Sagna, Navas etc and bomb.

I get what your saying and cant say I'm not agreeing but I just reckon José doesn't want the squad of superstars that some on here hunger for. It's about the team with him and I reckon he just wants to strengthen our squad (possibly 1 first team place) and he'd be happy. That's not necessarily standing still tho and ill always bow to José superior footballing knowledge rather than my own fairly sub standard one . As I say tho non of us know what's in store so who knows what's to come

I get what your saying and cant say I'm not agreeing but I just reckon José doesn't want the squad of superstars that some on here hunger for. It's about the team with him and I reckon he just wants to strengthen our squad (possibly 1 first team place) and he'd be happy. That's not necessarily standing still tho and ill always bow to José superior footballing knowledge rather than my own fairly sub standard one . As I say tho non of us know what's in store so who knows what's to come

At this point I'd gladly settle for one big name, star signing to go along with a few squad additions.

The only one I can think of that's there to be had is Sterling but he'll cost a fee we most likely won't go near.

Because after 2006 we stated resting on our laurels a bit and within a few years the squad stagnated and we had a major transition period that we only got out of relatively quickly thanks to Munich and Mous return.

We should always be improving and evolving, even if we win the league next season with 105 point's we should still sign 2-3 players the next summer.

My only concern atm would be that if we dont bring any quality player for CB/fullback/RW/midfield and squad options for certain players, we might have big problems next summer when we will need to find Terry/Iva replacements, better player for RW, backup for Cesc, backup for Matic, potentialy new #10 if Oscar underperforms etc...

I dont care if we dont bring any revolutionary players here, but for example selling Rambo and Mikel, and bringing Moutinho and Witsel (or similar players) would solve our rotation problem in midfield for sure.

Im pretty sure we will make a few signings, I just hope these will be good signings, either for bench or first 11, regardless of price, name etc, as long as they do their job. I dont even want Gotze, Isco, etc, but just make sure we adress at least half the issues we have:

1, back up GK,

2. third striker, (done)

3. Proper backups for Matic and Cesc

4. More creative right winger

5. Terry future replacement; either young or experienced CB

6. Iva future replacement ((depends on Azpi position), or if Luis leaves; new fullback

7. Optional: if Mou wants some more balance and switch to 4:3:3, top box to box CM

8. Optional: If we sell Oscar, a new top AM

If we dont solve half of these problems now, then we will have hell of problem next year and thats what Im more afraid than. Not worried about next season, but season after. We wont be able to get all these players in one window and that will bite us in the ass.

I'm holding my opinion how his price tag doesn't warrant the 2 good tournaments he played. Am i supposed to shut up and say ok 15M is good even thought i don't agree with it? I simply stated my opinion on the money involved in this deal. After the Cuadrado deal i'm having second thoughts on getting players from South America and also i fail to see how you can criticize my opinion as trolling when i simply shared my thoughts about it. You're free to give a reply and counter what i said but it's ludocrious to say i was trolling. I've seen people on here arguing and even resuming to hating our own players for performances yet you don't bother with that. Interesting.

How about waiting untill the deal is complete to actually say what i just put in Bold.

Whatever mehn! You are also free! Free to spread out the hate that you clearly have in inside you! Not gonna bother one bit any more! You should notice that other members have said the same thing to you! I get you'r point about the price but as others said it's not in pounds but in euros so that makes it 8-9 mil. And that for a world class player is ludocrious! 2 good tournament? OMG that's not you're average tournaments on a club level They are The Fucking World Cup. On which if you perform well you're guaranteed a big money move in Europe's biggest clubs example Enner Valencia in West Ham! Ok maybe that's not enough but then it comes the Copa the second most important tournament in the hall South America and then you perform well,one might say you were the best player in the pitch in the Final against the best player in world and completely humiliated him and depraiving him on the chance to cover himself with atleast some internationall glory!

Not goona investagate who hates who our own or other players, Don't care I also don't like some of our players (Mikel) not gonna spare this in his thread becasue that's what forums are for! You just make big impression with your constant hate especially with Turan to say that you despise him I mean really WTF, did he raped and murdered you'r own familly infront of you'r eyes don't think so! If he did you're right to despise him!

And for Cuadrado and also Falcao towards whom you also expressed you'r hattered gonna surprise a lot of People next season!!!

Gonna sugest you also to wait untill the deal has happened to comment on the transfer fee!

Honestly don't understand some of you lot. We are champions,CHAMPIONS!!! We do not need massive investment,just to strengthen in a few positions and bring maybe some loanies back. Why would you expect that we would make massive moves for players we don't necessarily need. Utd/city/arsenal need to make big investment because they were so far off the pace last season but we have a super first 11 that only needs squad players brought in and possibly one biggish signing if even that. PLUS we on here have zero idea what is going on on the background and who has been identified for signing yet half of you get your knickers in a twist when players you think we might be after/have spurious links to go elsewhere. Relax people, it'll be ok. Ffs some idiot on here earlier complained about signing this guy for 15 mill AND THEN SAID HE'D NEVER SEEN HIM PLAY .....[emoji33]

Best way to lose a title is to assume you don't have to do much to retain it. This team was not great the second half of the season and the team wore down. Arsenal, City, and United aren't going to stay still.

Just look at United two years ago where many of their fans thought the league was theirs because 3 years ago they won by 11 points. Granted they lost a legendary coach and Chelsea gained one but even still you can't stand still and expect to win.

Best way to lose a title is to assume you don't have to do much to retain it. This team was not great the second half of the season and the team wore down. Arsenal, City, and United aren't going to stay still.

Just look at United two years ago where many of their fans thought the league was theirs because 3 years ago they won by 11 points. Granted they lost a legendary coach and Chelsea gained one but even still you can't stand still and expect to win.

Who said stand still? Who said don't sign anyone?

Well I was just talking about Aranguiz with my 1 goooner mate who said he would love to have him with them. But after watching him the last couple weeks I like him alot. Hes got a good awareness of everyone on the field (like Cescy), hes fit as a butchers dog and never stops running match that with being good defensive wise, he sees moves,plays and a good passer. Hes also a really good age for us. I cant see any bad reasons against him. Seems like a Mou kinda player.

@JaKstone, I dont care what you say about players either the ones we have now or ones we are all putting our different opinions on here about. Believe me I would upgrade in a heartbeat 3 of our 1st team lads but not because I hate them. Its because I love Chelsea and want to see us at the best we could be. Its always an ongoing process.

Who said stand still? Who said don't sign anyone?

Signing back-ups isn't exactly making moves. Despite winning the PL this team is flawed and needs investment in starters at RW along with future starters at other positions. Chelsea was fortunate with injuries last season; however if there's less luck w/injuries, Chelsea could be in a lot of trouble

Signing back-ups isn't exactly making moves. Despite winning the PL this team is flawed and needs investment in starters at RW along with future starters at other positions. Chelsea was fortunate with injuries last season; however if there's less luck w/injuries, Chelsea could be in a lot of trouble

We'll let José decide what we need shall we [emoji106]

Honestly don't understand some of you lot. We are champions,CHAMPIONS!!! We do not need massive investment,just to strengthen in a few positions and bring maybe some loanies back. Why would you expect that we would make massive moves for players we don't necessarily need. Utd/city/arsenal need to make big investment because they were so far off the pace last season but we have a super first 11 that only needs squad players brought in and possibly one biggish signing if even that. PLUS we on here have zero idea what is going on on the background and who has been identified for signing yet half of you get your knickers in a twist when players you think we might be after/have spurious links to go elsewhere. Relax people, it'll be ok. Ffs some idiot on here earlier complained about signing this guy for 15 mill AND THEN SAID HE'D NEVER SEEN HIM PLAY .....[emoji33]

Barca won a treble and sign Turan, Vidal and possibly pogba. The way to maintain the status quo is by strengthening. You don't wait for your opponents to catch up before you strengthen. We need one biggish signing to go along with these squad players.

I have read a lot of comments thinking in that he is a Mikel Replacement.... This guy is not a defensive midfielder. I see him being a back up of Cesc, even, they can play together. Charles is a guy that can clarify a lot the game from the midfield, a great conexion between defence and attack midfielders, allowing to Cesc play more advanced without the team lose game and that "First pass" in the double pivot as occur when plays Rambo.

My doubts like I said is, his price, 15M is a lot money, and that he doesn't have experience in Europe, but, if he can be here, that he is on his national team, would be a fantastic signing.

My only concern atm would be that if we dont bring any quality player for CB/fullback/RW/midfield and squad options for certain players, we might have big problems next summer when we will need to find Terry/Iva replacements, better player for RW, backup for Cesc, backup for Matic, potentialy new #10 if Oscar underperforms etc...

I dont care if we dont bring any revolutionary players here, but for example selling Rambo and Mikel, and bringing Moutinho and Witsel (or similar players) would solve our rotation problem in midfield for sure.

Im pretty sure we will make a few signings, I just hope these will be good signings, either for bench or first 11, regardless of price, name etc, as long as they do their job. I dont even want Gotze, Isco, etc, but just make sure we adress at least half the issues we have:

1, back up GK,

2. third striker, (done)

3. Proper backups for Matic and Cesc

4. More creative right winger

5. Terry future replacement; either young or experienced CB

6. Iva future replacement ((depends on Azpi position), or if Luis leaves; new fullback

7. Optional: if Mou wants some more balance and switch to 4:3:3, top box to box CM

8. Optional: If we sell Oscar, a new top AM

If we dont solve half of these problems now, then we will have hell of problem next year and thats what Im more afraid than. Not worried about next season, but season after. We wont be able to get all these players in one window and that will bite us in the ass.

I think Zouma could be Terry's replacement at CB, he's got the talent and from what i've heard, he's got good leadership qualities for a youngster

The priority for this transfer window should be buying a quality CM/DM that can fill in for Matic...then we can worry about a backup GK, future RB, new RW

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You