Charles Aranguiz

the wes

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MU signed Depay and soon to be other big names(Ramos, Schneiderlin...etc as rumored)

City is linked with Pogba, De Bruyne and Sterling

We are apparently not linked/lost Turan to Barca, still struggling to sign a backup GK to Courtois despite agreeing a fee with Stoke for like a week now for Begovic, now keep signing unknown talented youngsters to farm and some players like this guy who shown he is an OK player at the WC and for Chile

Arsenal signed Cech

Liverpool signed a bunch of good players like Clynne, Milner and Firmino

I am worried after the fantastic summer last season we are resting on our laurels and will be made to pay for it like Man City did last year

He was very good in America Cup. The big question is whether he would be able to adapt to the tempo of Europe and, above all, the rhythm of Premier League.

To me it's like an American Fabregas or American Gundogan.

Regards.

from what i have seen the style of play south american teams aproach is pretty much like any other PL game so i dont think he will have a problem with that

No, but judging him on a good tournament and paying 15M is anything short of good business.

Just stop it with the stupid asumtions i can bet my house you never ever saw him before the tournament. Yes he might have played great, i don't know i haven't saw a lot of Copa America bar Colombia. That doesn't warrant the 15M in any way, if you don't believe it just look at Cuadrado and how much we over paid for him even thought he was a stand out player.

I don't in anyway say he is a bad player but judging him on a good tournament while we already experienced this shit looks wrong. Also his price according to transfermarkt was 6M before the tournament.

Of course i haven't seen him play before the tournaments neither have you and I'm sure many others didn't watched him play also. Because simply I or they don't watch the brasilian league and I/they never heard of him before And simply I'm not a scout for the club as apparently you are to decide who's worthy to play in chelsea blue and who's not! But I watched every single game and his performance in the WC were simply stunning for a unknown player for me. Right then we were linked with him and I was hoping he would sign. Now a year later he has been linked with man city and arsenal and we maybe on the verge to sign him and that makes me a very happy one (like a certain somebody you maybe know and heard of). Because that happy one is the one exactly who want's this player and I completely trust his judgement because he has proven to be the best! And then came CopaAmerica he was outstanding once again! And that's why I can form an opinion on the player because he performed in the biggest stages of them all!

Not making any "stupid aassumptions" you're a Troll even If you don't know it yet!

Honestly don't understand some of you lot. We are champions,CHAMPIONS!!! We do not need massive investment,just to strengthen in a few positions and bring maybe some loanies back. Why would you expect that we would make massive moves for players we don't necessarily need. Utd/city/arsenal need to make big investment because they were so far off the pace last season but we have a super first 11 that only needs squad players brought in and possibly one biggish signing if even that. PLUS we on here have zero idea what is going on on the background and who has been identified for signing yet half of you get your knickers in a twist when players you think we might be after/have spurious links to go elsewhere. Relax people, it'll be ok. Ffs some idiot on here earlier complained about signing this guy for 15 mill AND THEN SAID HE'D NEVER SEEN HIM PLAY .....[emoji33]

Of course i haven't seen him play before the tournaments neither have you and I'm sure many others didn't watched him play also. Because simply I or they don't watch the brasilian league and I/they never heard of him before And simply I'm not a scout for the club as apparently you are to decide who's worthy to play in chelsea blue and who's not! But I watched every single game and his performance in the WC were simply stunning for a unknown player for me. Right then we were linked with him and I was hoping he would sign. Now a year later he has been linked with man city and arsenal and we maybe on the verge to sign him and that makes me a very happy one (like a certain somebody you maybe know and heard of). Because that happy one is the one exactly who want's this player and I completely trust his judgement because he has proven to be the best! And then came CopaAmerica he was outstanding once again! And that's why I can form an opinion on the player because he performed in the biggest stages of them all!

Not making any "stupid aassumptions" you're a Troll even If you don't know it yet!

I'm holding my opinion how his price tag doesn't warrant the 2 good tournaments he played. Am i supposed to shut up and say ok 15M is good even thought i don't agree with it? I simply stated my opinion on the money involved in this deal. After the Cuadrado deal i'm having second thoughts on getting players from South America and also i fail to see how you can criticize my opinion as trolling when i simply shared my thoughts about it. You're free to give a reply and counter what i said but it's ludocrious to say i was trolling. I've seen people on here arguing and even resuming to hating our own players for performances yet you don't bother with that. Interesting.

How about waiting untill the deal is complete to actually say what i just put in Bold.

Honestly don't understand some of you lot. We are champions,CHAMPIONS!!! We do not need massive investment,just to strengthen in a few positions and bring maybe some loanies back. Why would you expect that we would make massive moves for players we don't necessarily need. Utd/city/arsenal need to make big investment because they were so far off the pace last season but we have a super first 11 that only needs squad players brought in and possibly one biggish signing if even that. PLUS we on here have zero idea what is going on on the background and who has been identified for signing yet half of you get your knickers in a twist when players you think we might be after/have spurious links to go elsewhere. Relax people, it'll be ok. Ffs some idiot on here earlier complained about signing this guy for 15 mill AND THEN SAID HE'D NEVER SEEN HIM PLAY .....[emoji33]

How can I triple like this?

People are jumping the gun, because in 2010 we released Ballack, Joe and a couple of other players and replaced them only with Ramries and youngsters. It was and old and ageing squad and then refreshments were needed.

Now, our age is 26 years old, with a perfect balance of youth and experience, with youths coming through and able to learn from some of the best players in the game. Bar maybe Pogba, nobody else is going to improve our side massively. Oscar MAY hit consistency form. Yes, it is a risk, but it is worth taking. Willian has grown, Cuadrado will have a proper pre-season. We have three WORLD CLASS striker options. One of the best playmakers in world football, alongside a great DM. Where exactly do we need massive improvements? Goals, you'd say? You do realize that IF Oscar is consistent, Cuadrado picks up steam and Costa/Remy/Falcao are injury free we'd have goals on our side. I'm not even mentioning Hazard.

We have one of the best defences in the world and best in the league, too. Maybe a Right-Back would make us more stable in terms of backline stability, because Iva is slow, but it would take away his importance in attack.

I definitely would love us to sign Sterling, Reus, Gotze, Griezmann or whoever, but as I was saying that would probably unsettle the team, with constant rotation and the fact that everybody has to be happy, and I doubt anybody would want to come here, just to prove himself against sides like Shrewsburry and etc.(not taking anything away from them, ofcourse)

As I said, bar Pogba, NOBODY would make our side better at the moment, and I'd bet my house on that. Even he would need time to develop. Right now, we do need depth and if Jose decides to make a key signing, he'd know how to utilise him. So calm down, even if we get this guy, THERE is a reason why Chelsea are getting him and we are just grasping keyboards and try to pretend like we know something about football.

15 million euros is basically 8-9 million pounds. You do realise that's peanuts?

To be fair, you are really annoying from the fact that you lacked a reasonable argument as to why Arda is a "shit turk", which you spammed in every thread. If you have your opinion, post it once, with a reasonable argumentation base, so that we know why the hell you don't want the player. Quite annoying, and generally stupid if you ask me.

Sorry for the double post, I failed in the edit thing, lol.

How can I triple like this?

People are jumping the gun, because in 2010 we released Ballack, Joe and a couple of other players and replaced them only with Ramries and youngsters. It was and old and ageing squad and then refreshments were needed.

Now, our age is 26 years old, with a perfect balance of youth and experience, with youths coming through and able to learn from some of the best players in the game. Bar maybe Pogba, nobody else is going to improve our side massively. Oscar MAY hit consistency form. Yes, it is a risk, but it is worth taking. Willian has grown, Cuadrado will have a proper pre-season. We have three WORLD CLASS striker options. One of the best playmakers in world football, alongside a great DM. Where exactly do we need massive improvements? Goals, you'd say? You do realize that IF Oscar is consistent, Cuadrado picks up steam and Costa/Remy/Falcao are injury free we'd have goals on our side. I'm not even mentioning Hazard.

We have one of the best defences in the world and best in the league, too. Maybe a Right-Back would make us more stable in terms of backline stability, because Iva is slow, but it would take away his importance in attack.

I definitely would love us to sign Sterling, Reus, Gotze, Griezmann or whoever, but as I was saying that would probably unsettle the team, with constant rotation and the fact that everybody has to be happy, and I doubt anybody would want to come here, just to prove himself against sides like Shrewsburry and etc.(not taking anything away from them, ofcourse)

As I said, bar Pogba, NOBODY would make our side better at the moment, and I'd bet my house on that. Even he would need time to develop. Right now, we do need depth and if Jose decides to make a key signing, he'd know how to utilise him. So calm down, even if we get this guy, THERE is a reason why Chelsea are getting him and we are just grasping keyboards and try to pretend like we know something about football.

[emoji122] bravo

from what i have seen the style of play south american teams aproach is pretty much like any other PL game so i dont think he will have a problem with that

Hi friend!

I talked about the difference in the speed of the game between America and Europe. European football is (IMO) more competitive and his rhythm is higher. And this increases in Premier League where the rhythm is the highest, and many players who have triumphed in South America need a transition team in Europe in order to adapt gradually to the European rhythm. This is usually a handicap for players in South America when they come to play in Europe.

But Charles Aránguiz could come to England and adapt perfectly to the European rate. I've been watching reports on April who said that Jose would be interested in Aranguiz. So if Jose makes his signing he probably has calculated the adaptation process that would need Aranguiz to play in Premier League.

Regards.

He is a great player, In the Copa America he was one of the best players of the tournament. The point is how he will adapt to European football. For 15M I have doubt, for 10 or less I accept.

15 million euros is basically 8-9 million pounds. You do realise that's peanuts?

To be fair, you are really annoying from the fact that you lacked a reasonable argument as to why Arda is a "shit turk", which you spammed in every thread. If you have your opinion, post it once, with a reasonable argumentation base, so that we know why the hell you don't want the player. Quite annoying, and generally stupid if you ask me.

Sorry for the double post, I failed in the edit thing, lol.

I've already said why i dislike Turan in one of my posts. I've kept posting there because some people went overboard with overrating him and i find that stupid. Also you do realise if we get him, he is that MD Mourinho kept saying he wanted to transfer this summer. Which means Cesc won't be dropped in big games and i'm not sure this is such a good idea. I had in mind we would atleast have both flanks covered or atleast have a 3rd CM to replace him in some of the big games. If this guy flops which shouldn't surprise many than we will have a very hard time to defend the title.

I rest my case you're free to say whatever you wish but remember if im trolling go in the Torres, Oscar or Willian thread and enjoy.

Because after 2006 we stated resting on our laurels a bit and within a few years the squad stagnated and we had a major transition period that we only got out of relatively quickly thanks to Munich and Mous return.

We should always be improving and evolving, even if we win the league next season with 105 point's we should still sign 2-3 players the next summer.

I don't completely disagree with you here, but look at the very best clubs in the world. Bayern walks their league every year now yet still look to sign superstars every summer. Barca has Messi and Neymar but still go out and spend 75m or whatever on Suarez. Real Madrid have a squad full of superstars yet still constantly add more.

Like someone said above, we don't want to pull a City here and go for a few squad players rather than a couple of first XI players that can immediately take us up a level. We can't just hope we have an unbelievably lucky injury free season like we did last year. Our opponents will almost certainly be much better next season. Signing a third striker, a backup keeper, and a bench warming fullback to replace Luis isn't going to help us advance further in the CL or be any stronger in the PL.

When you win the league you should use it as a platform to create something special. You shouldn't play the "we're already better than our rivals so we don't need much" card. Remember when people in the media were questioning whether City could dominate English football for years not so long ago? Instead they sign players like Fernando, Jovetic, Sagna, Navas etc and bomb.

Being champions shouldn't alter your transfer plans , there is still plenty of room for improvement , and we are some way behind Europe's best , which is presumably the target. It's Jose's duty to get us to that level. Replacing the backup striker and gk , whilst not addressing the main issues won't cut it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You