Leon Bailey

I would be all over this but it just does not feel like a chelsea signing...makes too much sense i guess. And as for overrated, sure therr is some hype but most neutral bundesliga pundits deem him the best attacking winger in germany this season. He has brutal pace, is direct, still only 20, can shoot a bit and is left footed so how much overhyped can he be. We have been in need for a left footed attacker for ages now. I am not sure where he would fit in if we were to continue playing 352 (maybe second striker when hazard is injured or move hazard to no 10) which imo we should not anyway. In a 343 or any system with true wingers he could flourish. He can easily start over pedro or willian. I recently read two articles over him in german press. Bayer sporting Director Rudi Völler said at some size a bid will be hard to reject and from context of the interview siggested hat bid would be 50m

What gets me is his ball control even at full speed. Very fast clever kid. I'd give my dangleys for a handful of players this age of this skill level

Chelsea transfer news: Leon Bailey ‘pictured in Blues shirt’ to ramp up speculation

CHELSEA fans have gone into meltdown over a picture of transfer target Leon Bailey in a Blues shirt.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/905252/Chelsea-transfer-news-Leon-Bailey-pictured-Blues-shirt-Twitter-Bayer-Leverkusen-gossip

Chelsea_transfer_news_Leon_Bailey_‘pictured_in_Blues_shirt’_to_ramp_up_speculation_Football_Sport_Express.co.uk_-_2018-01-16_06.37.29.jpg

47 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

What gets me is his ball control even at full speed. Very fast clever kid. I'd give my dangleys for a handful of players this age of this skill level

Chelsea transfer news: Leon Bailey ‘pictured in Blues shirt’ to ramp up speculation

CHELSEA fans have gone into meltdown over a picture of transfer target Leon Bailey in a Blues shirt.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/905252/Chelsea-transfer-news-Leon-Bailey-pictured-Blues-shirt-Twitter-Bayer-Leverkusen-gossip

Chelsea_transfer_news_Leon_Bailey_‘pictured_in_Blues_shirt’_to_ramp_up_speculation_Football_Sport_Express.co.uk_-_2018-01-16_06.37.29.jpg

If that picture is legit and from now(he looka a bit young on it) it is no coincidence but a come and get me plea

Shame our board will not pick it up. Even more so cos he is free to play in the cl.

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

If that picture is legit and from now(he looka a bit young on it) it is no coincidence but a come and get me plea

Shame our board will bot pick it up.

No its definitely a younger him. But just nice to see hes a man of good taste!

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Shame our board will not pick it up. Even more so cos he is free to play in the cl.

It's from 6 July 2015 like the caption says. We will wait until he is worth 100m, then not be interested anymore.

While another couldn’t hide their excitement: “CHELSEA SIGN HIM NOW!!!!!!”

Bailey admitted last week his dream is to one day play in the Premier League, and the picture of him in a Chelsea top could suggest that is where he wants to play.  

"Of course I have a dream club, but I will not tell," Bailey said.

"Basically, England was and still is my dream. And if I keep working hard, I’m sure it will work someday. The change to Bayer was just the right step for my development."

I personally haven't watch him, but people who are watching Bundesliga and Bayer, say that he is actually decent and is one the best Bayer players at the moment. He is fast, young and wants to play for Chelsea, probably won't cost so much also. But it's possible that our board haven't even heard about him...

48 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

I personally haven't watch him, but people who are watching Bundesliga and Bayer, say that he is actually decent and is one the best Bayer players at the moment. He is fast, young and wants to play for Chelsea, probably won't cost so much also. But it's possible that our board haven't even heard about him...

We've been linked to him since the days he played in Belgium for Genk.

21 hours ago, pHaRaOn said:

We've been linked to him since the days he played in Belgium for Genk.

I think we even were after him before that, one time there were rumors we buy him and loan him to Genk. But he prefered to go directly to Genk.

22 hours ago, King11Didier said:

He would cost a lot. He joined Bayer not too long ago and all teams around Europe want to rip English teams off. He is arguably their best player right now too, so they would want a sizeable fee.

On 17/01/2018 at 9:01 PM, Stats said:

He would cost a lot. He joined Bayer not too long ago and all teams around Europe want to rip English teams off. He is arguably their best player right now too, so they would want a sizeable fee.

But what a kid!

Watched the whole game yesterday. He was superb. Would be a really good buy in the summer - his potential is outstanding. Also a Chelsea fan. He’s on something crazy like 13 goals and assists (8G, 5A) in 18 appearances (13 starts). Very impressed with him. Hope we go in for him in the summer. One of the best players in Germany this season, and his profile suits the PL and our need for a goal scoring wide forward perfectly. Can also play as a 9 if needed.  
I just seem him being a similar signing to Schurrle. Has shown glimpses in Germany but would blow hot & cold over here.

56 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, The Skipper said:
Watched the whole game yesterday. He was superb. Would be a really good buy in the summer - his potential is outstanding. Also a Chelsea fan. He’s on something crazy like 13 goals and assists (8G, 5A) in 18 appearances (13 starts). Very impressed with him. Hope we go in for him in the summer. One of the best players in Germany this season, and his profile suits the PL and our need for a goal scoring wide forward perfectly. Can also play as a 9 if needed.  

I just seem him being a similar signing to Schurrle. Has shown glimpses in Germany but would blow hot & cold over here.

Tbf I dont think hes anything like Schurrle.

Schurrle was a wide player but had limited skills in 1v1s although he would always arrive in the box well. I think Bailey has genuine pace and can stretch teams as well as score/assist goals. I don't think its any coincidence we're looking at him after watching him play v Bayern and also the game v Hoffenheim, looks like a really good player, I'd take him in this month for sure. Schurrle was much more limited, he could finish and was good at running into space but if you had him up against a defender he was pretty limited I thought.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You