test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hamilton

Rumoured Leon Bailey

Started by Hamilton,

277 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

If that picture is legit and from now(he looka a bit young on it) it is no coincidence but a come and get me plea

Shame our board will not pick it up. Even more so cos he is free to play in the cl.

It's from 6 July 2015 like the caption says. We will wait until he is worth 100m, then not be interested anymore.

Sideshow Luiz and Unionjack like this

While another couldn’t hide their excitement: “CHELSEA SIGN HIM NOW!!!!!!”

Bailey admitted last week his dream is to one day play in the Premier League, and the picture of him in a Chelsea top could suggest that is where he wants to play.  

"Of course I have a dream club, but I will not tell," Bailey said.

"Basically, England was and still is my dream. And if I keep working hard, I’m sure it will work someday. The change to Bayer was just the right step for my development."

I personally haven't watch him, but people who are watching Bundesliga and Bayer, say that he is actually decent and is one the best Bayer players at the moment. He is fast, young and wants to play for Chelsea, probably won't cost so much also. But it's possible that our board haven't even heard about him...

48 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

I personally haven't watch him, but people who are watching Bundesliga and Bayer, say that he is actually decent and is one the best Bayer players at the moment. He is fast, young and wants to play for Chelsea, probably won't cost so much also. But it's possible that our board haven't even heard about him...

We've been linked to him since the days he played in Belgium for Genk.

Stats and the wes like this

19 hours ago, pHaRaOn said:

Interesting, thank you for that info, didn't know that.

21 hours ago, pHaRaOn said:

I think we even were after him before that, one time there were rumors we buy him and loan him to Genk. But he prefered to go directly to Genk.

22 hours ago, King11Didier said:

He would cost a lot. He joined Bayer not too long ago and all teams around Europe want to rip English teams off. He is arguably their best player right now too, so they would want a sizeable fee.

On 17/01/2018 at 9:01 PM, Stats said:

He would cost a lot. He joined Bayer not too long ago and all teams around Europe want to rip English teams off. He is arguably their best player right now too, so they would want a sizeable fee.

But what a kid!

Stats, BlueSunshine and the wes like this

Watched the whole game yesterday. He was superb. Would be a really good buy in the summer - his potential is outstanding. Also a Chelsea fan. He’s on something crazy like 13 goals and assists (8G, 5A) in 18 appearances (13 starts). Very impressed with him. Hope we go in for him in the summer. One of the best players in Germany this season, and his profile suits the PL and our need for a goal scoring wide forward perfectly. Can also play as a 9 if needed.  
I just seem him being a similar signing to Schurrle. Has shown glimpses in Germany but would blow hot & cold over here.

56 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, The Skipper said:
Watched the whole game yesterday. He was superb. Would be a really good buy in the summer - his potential is outstanding. Also a Chelsea fan. He’s on something crazy like 13 goals and assists (8G, 5A) in 18 appearances (13 starts). Very impressed with him. Hope we go in for him in the summer. One of the best players in Germany this season, and his profile suits the PL and our need for a goal scoring wide forward perfectly. Can also play as a 9 if needed.  

I just seem him being a similar signing to Schurrle. Has shown glimpses in Germany but would blow hot & cold over here.

Tbf I dont think hes anything like Schurrle.

Schurrle was a wide player but had limited skills in 1v1s although he would always arrive in the box well. I think Bailey has genuine pace and can stretch teams as well as score/assist goals. I don't think its any coincidence we're looking at him after watching him play v Bayern and also the game v Hoffenheim, looks like a really good player, I'd take him in this month for sure. Schurrle was much more limited, he could finish and was good at running into space but if you had him up against a defender he was pretty limited I thought.

The Skipper likes this

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

He’s shown way more than glimpses. He’s legit the breakout star in Germany this year imo. Leverkusen’s star man. Also, he doesn’t have Schürrle’s technical deficiencies - his base technique is very good. Excellent close control, good eye for the pass. Has that killer instinct in the final third too and of course, has electric pace. One of the fastest players out there. Schürrle’s overall technique was quite poor, Bailey doesn’t have that problem whatsoever.

Sure, he isn’t world class yet but he has all the right tangibles to become so imo if he joins the right club and is allowed to develop. He’ll go for big money, and hopefully since we’ve been tracking him for time plus the fact he’s a CFC fan, he’ll come here. These are the sort of signings we need to make now the club isn’t committed in spending millions on the best of the best anymore. 

Also, keep an eye out for Retsos at Leverkusen - excellent CB talent. 

Tbf I dont think hes anything like Schurrle.

Schurrle was a wide player but had limited skills in 1v1s although he would always arrive in the box well. I think Bailey has genuine pace and can stretch teams as well as score/assist goals. I don't think its any coincidence we're looking at him after watching him play v Bayern and also the game v Hoffenheim, looks like a really good player, I'd take him in this month for sure. Schurrle was much more limited, he could finish and was good at running into space but if you had him up against a defender he was pretty limited I thought.

Schurrle was predominantly used as a CF during his season at Leverkusen, which was one of the reasons he was involved in 24 goals. I'd give Bailey another season before going after him.

He’s shown way more than glimpses. He’s legit the breakout star in Germany this year imo. Also, he doesn’t have Schürrle’s technical deficiencies - his base technique is very good. Excellent close control, good eye for the pass. Has that killer instinct in the final third too and of course, has electric pace. One of the fastest players out there. Schürrle’s overall technique was quite poor, Bailey doesn’t have that problem whatsoever.

Sure, he isn’t world class yet but he has all the right tangibles to become so imo if he joins the right club and is allowed to develop. He’ll go for big money, and hopefully since we’ve been tracking him he’ll come here. These are the sort of signings we need to make now the club isn’t committed in spending millions on the best of the best anymore. 

I just think it's too soon to go after someone like him for a number of reasons. Give him another season with CL football and then, see how he does.

the wes likes this

10 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

He’s shown way more than glimpses. He’s legit the breakout star in Germany this year imo. Leverkusen’s star man. Also, he doesn’t have Schürrle’s technical deficiencies - his base technique is very good. Excellent close control, good eye for the pass. Has that killer instinct in the final third too and of course, has electric pace. One of the fastest players out there. Schürrle’s overall technique was quite poor, Bailey doesn’t have that problem whatsoever.

Sure, he isn’t world class yet but he has all the right tangibles to become so imo if he joins the right club and is allowed to develop. He’ll go for big money, and hopefully since we’ve been tracking him for time plus the fact he’s a CFC fan, he’ll come here. These are the sort of signings we need to make now the club isn’t committed in spending millions on the best of the best anymore. 

Also, keep an eye out for Retsos at Leverkusen - excellent CB talent. 

Do you not think he's very similar to zaha?? 

Just now, LAM09 said:

Schurrle was predominantly used as a CF during his season at Leverkusen, which was one of the reasons he was involved in 25 goals. I'd give Bailey another season before going after him.

I just think it's too soon to go after someone like him for a number of reasons. Give him another season with CL football and then, see how he does.

Yeah. 

Give him another season with CL football and possibly miss out on him if he excels again? We all know what Bayern are like. Absolutely ruthless picking players up from Bundesliga, Goretzka just joined them on a free for next season. Both Ribery and Robben are a fair age now a days, somebody like Bailey would be an ideal player to replace either or I think. If he keeps playing like he is this season then I feel we might not even get him in the summer.

The Skipper and OhForAGreavsie like this

Yeah.  Give him another season with CL football and possibly miss out on him if he excels again? We all know what Bayern are like. Absolutely ruthless picking players up from Bundesliga, Goretzka just joined them on a free for next season. Both Ribery and Robben are a fair age now a days, somebody like Bailey would be an ideal player to replace either or I think. If he keeps playing like he is this season then I feel we might not even get him in the summer.

He has stated his desire to play in the EPL. Players to do have say in the matter btw (just look at Reus).

How did that work out with Sanches?

12 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He has stated his desire to play in the EPL. Players to do have say in the matter btw (just look at Reus).

How did that work out with Sanches?

Perhaps but do you think many folk would chose Chelsea or any PL club ahead of Bayern Munich in all fairness? Sanches had maybe played 1 season of football before he went to Bayern, Bailey had played regularly before moving to Germany and has continued to do so. How often do Bayern get it wrong? I genuinely think if he keeps going at the rate he is, somebody like them or some other club will snap him up. Even if he is a Chelsea fan or not. Doesn't always work out ask Lukaku or various other young lads from the past.  

The Skipper likes this