Leon Bailey

Think we will only even think about going for him(probly too late!)if Willian goes , no wc worries for him , deal should have been done n dusted , ffs 50/60 mill for willian would have helped that out grrr board grrr willian grrrr sticky nights!

30 minutes ago, mccg said:

Think we will only even think about going for him(probly too late!)if Willian goes , no wc worries for him , deal should have been done n dusted , ffs 50/60 mill for willian would have helped that out grrr board grrr willian grrrr sticky nights!

Last I saw we had dropped Willis price to £44mill after Barca got Malcom - £36.5 ffs! They aint daft.

From the Independent (Wasn't sure if it was OK to post this link as I was told only to  post the truth. But there would be no fuckin links unless  from CFC)

Chelsea are getting Sarri-ous 

Chelsea may have to replenish their wide options as they adapt to Maurizio Sarri's new 4-3-3 system, and according to the Evening Standard they are battling with Roma for Leon Bailey. 

The Bayer Leverkusen winger enjoyed a magnificent breakthrough season in the Bundesliga last term, with nine goals and six assists. 

The 20-year-old was born in Jamaica, and contrary to reports before the World Cup he is not eligible to play for England. 

Bailey's grandparents had British passports but did not live in England, so he does not pass the residency requirements to play for the national team. 

Current Chelsea wide man Willian was subject to a bid from Barcelona, but that moves looks dead in the water after they signed Malcom from under the noses of Roma - hence the interest in Bailey from the Italians. 

It could be a busy close to the window for the FA Cup winners, with The Independent reporting that they are keeping tabs on highly-rated Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. 

Chelsea have already started to re-shape their midfield with the addition of Jorginho from Napoli, with N'Golo Kante and Cesc Fabregas likely to flank him. 

Sarri will be fully aware of Milinkovic-Savic's abilities from his time in Serie A. The Serbian international was a target for Manchester United last summer. 

On 26/07/2018 at 11:00 AM, Unionjack said:

Last I saw we had dropped Willis price to £44mill after Barca got Malcom - £36.5 ffs! They aint daft.

From the Independent (Wasn't sure if it was OK to post this link as I was told only to  post the truth. But there would be no fuckin links unless  from CFC)

Chelsea are getting Sarri-ous 

Chelsea may have to replenish their wide options as they adapt to Maurizio Sarri's new 4-3-3 system, and according to the Evening Standard they are battling with Roma for Leon Bailey. 

The Bayer Leverkusen winger enjoyed a magnificent breakthrough season in the Bundesliga last term, with nine goals and six assists. 

The 20-year-old was born in Jamaica, and contrary to reports before the World Cup he is not eligible to play for England. 

Bailey's grandparents had British passports but did not live in England, so he does not pass the residency requirements to play for the national team. 

Current Chelsea wide man Willian was subject to a bid from Barcelona, but that moves looks dead in the water after they signed Malcom from under the noses of Roma - hence the interest in Bailey from the Italians. 

It could be a busy close to the window for the FA Cup winners, with The Independent reporting that they are keeping tabs on highly-rated Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic. 

Chelsea have already started to re-shape their midfield with the addition of Jorginho from Napoli, with N'Golo Kante and Cesc Fabregas likely to flank him. 

Sarri will be fully aware of Milinkovic-Savic's abilities from his time in Serie A. The Serbian international was a target for Manchester United last summer. 

Honestly if we got a CB, Bailey and Milinkovic-Savic as well as shifting possibly 3 players (Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Cahill) I would say that is a decent window all things considered. If Courtois leaves okay he will need replaced too but nothing is certain yet.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly if we got a CB, Bailey and Milinkovic-Savic as well as shifting possibly 3 players (Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Cahill) I would say that is a decent window all things considered. If Courtois leaves okay he will need replaced too but nothing is certain yet.

Assuming you mean Rugani or Caldara for CB, then you are looking at around £220 to £230m for those those 3.

Add a good goalkeeper in you are at £260 to £270m. (£40m would get Strakosha or Cillessen, the ONLY two decent keeper left who are remotely available)

MAX we get for Willian is £65m

max we get for Courtois is £35m,

max for Cahill is £20m (I am dreaming)

that leaves us £140m to £150m short

IF we sell both Drinkwater and Bakayoko, thats £65m MAX

We are not selling anyone else I fear, and ZERO chance Granny drops an additional £75 to £85m new spending net. 

PLUS

your calculation left us MORATA as striker still:(

10 minutes ago, the wes said:

I rather sign Bailey than Pulisic

I doubt either are going to happen, Willian sure sounds like he is staying.

Willian insists he is happy at Chelsea as Manchester United are dealt blow in pursuit of £65m star
A reunion with Jose Mourinho at Old Trafford has long been mooted but Willian has insisted he is happy at Stamford Bridge

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/willian-insists-happy-chelsea-manchester-13005969

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/article/2001290158/willian-responds-to-manchester-united-transfer-links

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/996446/Chelsea-transfer-news-Willian-Man-Utd-Real-Madrid-Barcelona-rumours-gossip-news

13 hours ago, the wes said:

I rather sign Bailey than Pulisic

Tho his team has came out and said no interest in selling him this season , spoilsports ! Tho chuck 30+mill at them and give them 1or 2 loaness who knows?! We need to be involved with him 4sure!

Edited by mccg
extra words

Big money for Bailey

Bayer Leverkusen have told Chelsea to “forget about signing Leon Bailey this summer”, claims talkSPORT.

The Jamaican winger has taken Germany by storm since joining from Genk in January last year and according to talkSPORT the Blues “have been keeping tabs on the 20-year-old over the last few months”.

An offer is pending from both Chelsea and Roma, according to reports in Germany, but Leverkusen have “categorically ruled out” any sale this summer.

Will that deter Chelsea? Probably not, with talkSPORT claiming that “a bid of around £45m could reportedly tempt Bayer into changing their stance”.

1 hour ago, mccg said:
Big money for Bailey

Bayer Leverkusen have told Chelsea to “forget about signing Leon Bailey this summer”, claims talkSPORT.

The Jamaican winger has taken Germany by storm since joining from Genk in January last year and according to talkSPORT the Blues “have been keeping tabs on the 20-year-old over the last few months”.

An offer is pending from both Chelsea and Roma, according to reports in Germany, but Leverkusen have “categorically ruled out” any sale this summer.

Will that deter Chelsea? Probably not, with talkSPORT claiming that “a bid of around £45m could reportedly tempt Bayer into changing their stance”.

These phrases are the new template for any media scroats making an article about us. 

39 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Bud we wouldn't cough up £100 mill for a striker who would guarantee us 40 goals a season.

Thats what im saying, if we won't go for him now he's under 50mil, then we won't get him again because his value will surely rise(double) once a big team signs him.

6 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Thats what im saying, if we won't go for him now he's under 50mil, then we won't get him again because his value will surely rise(double) once a big team signs him.

Bless! aaaf122d9e2b2ec4bfc8fcbfde4e13f3.gif

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You