Arda Turan

Adnane

There's no denying he's a superb player, but i'd rather we went for a better goal scorer, like his partner Griezmann. Or his other teammate Koke, because he could play in CM next to Matic, Turan doesn't answer any of our two major needs imo. Which are goal scoring or CM partner for Matic in the big games.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically, he's really good. Dribbling, ball control, passing. But at the end of the day it usually results in nothing.

Pretty much what we already have in Willian. Just play Willian at #10 instead of buying Turan imo.

Just play Willian at #10 instead of buying Turan imo.

Who's playing RW in this scenario?

And Turan imo will create here, it wont "end in nothing". People here are looking so much on stats but little on the actual games.

Isn't a bad player, but, again, the Altético players are ideal for his own ecosystem, but they're not so good in another context. Arda isn't important for his productivity, yeah. He's a very technical player and defend with the ball is pretty much his thing. Is a important piece in the Atletico puzzle, no doubt about it, they need that player in order to have some possession in the rivals area and, like i said, he is an amazing shield against technical teams, but obviously, he isn't gonna be that relevant in a team with a different style of game. So, i don't know if really is a good idea pay 40m for him. By the way, he has 29 years.

Lol Gilvorak why are you such a fan of Oscar? What has he done in these past few years that was really important? The guy is not good enough, he is too inconsistent and even when he's inform I'm still not impressed with him.

He had a major contribution in the 1st half of the season. Stop being so bitter he might have been shit the 2nd half but completely forgetting what he did for us in the 1st half only makes you an ignorant fan.

Also Turan is probably the most overrated player ever. Hope we fucking avoid another mediocre player playing for us.

It's not Oscar or Turan they both will be in the club fight for a place in the starting 11. Oscar is here to stay! All the Oscar haters deal with it!!!

It's not even about Oscar. Some people actually believe Turan will be a major improvement in our starting 11 :mouthclosed: but the guy is simply overrated to the maximum. Would be so destroyed if we get this guy while we miss on Reus, Griezmann or even fucking Sterling.

It's not even about Oscar. Some people actually believe Turan will be a major improvement in our starting 11 :mouthclosed: but the guy is simply overrated to the maximum. Would be so destroyed if we get this guy while we miss on Reus, Griezmann or even fucking Sterling.

Wait a minute mate, Arda is super player I don't why you have such an opinion on him being overrated. But I think he is far from it, after all he was a pivotal part of Atleti title and champions league final season he is fantastic player and will push Oscar to be better, because that's the main thing imo he lacks at the moment, competion If anybody remembers when was Oscar's best and strongest time at Chelsea it was right before Mata left, Oscar's form was the main reason for the leaving of the fanfavourite and imho future if not already a legend Juan Manuel Mata García!

Wait a minute mate, Arda is super player I don't why you have such an opinion on him being overrated. But I think he is far from it, after all he was a pivotal part of Atleti title and champions league final season he is fantastic player and will push Oscar to be better, because that's the main thing imo he lacks at the moment, competion If anybody remembers when was Oscar's best and strongest time at Chelsea it was right before Mata left, Oscar's form was the main reason for the leaving of the fanfavourite and imho future if not already a legend Juan Manuel Mata García!

Would welcome another class player to compete with Oscar any day but Turan for me is overrated. I think i got to see him play like 20 matches in the last 2 years or so and he never convinced me is a game changer. We need more goalscorers in our team the guy barely has 3 goals and 6 assists last season in 46 games. Even Willian and Scurrle who played half a season scored more than this guy.

People are calling Arda Turan overrated. :D

We learn new things so yeah it's probably one of them :D.

Yeah well talk to you if we sign him and see how much of an improvement he will be in our team.

I think Arda Turan would give us something we do not have, excepting Eden Hazard, the ability to break the monotonous and static rhythm that we have had sometimes in the past two years with Jose.

We are a solid and well-built team, but in some games, with few spaces, only Eden Hazard gives the feeling of doing something different to revolutionize a game.

Perhaps we have been too predictable at certain times of the season because we do not have players who can break the pace of the game like Messi, Neymar, Silva ... only Eden Hazard, and a player can not stand all this pressure.

Arda Turan is one of those players who can change games with his moves. Someone different to surprise our rivals.

Regards.

Technically, he's really good. Dribbling, ball control, passing. But at the end of the day it usually results in nothing.

Pretty much what we already have in Willian. Just play Willian at #10 instead of buying Turan imo.

He is more intelligent and clever with ball (for example he doesnt do stepovers and then make back pass like willian). But I agree, he isnt one to change or decide the game.

However, under pressure we only have Hazard, Matic who are capable of keeping it. Cesc is shit when under pressure, Oscar and Willian too. Arda is alot more reliable, much like Hazard to keep the ball, I think we would benefit alot.

But its up to Mou. If we will keep possession more next season, Turan would be PERFECT, if we go on counters, Reus, Bale, Griezmann, anyone who is fast, good dribbler and has finish in him, would fit more than Arda. We have still struggled to break opponent defense, but improved alot since year before, but IMO our bigger problem is no natural finisher apart from Costa. Like I said, someone who pops more goals would do better. Maybe even Fekir, who is quite similar to Arda but has more end product in assists and goals (that said Arda had it too when he was playing in turkey).

Its up to Mou. Arda will give us more balance in attack, but not pace, bite and power (Turan is quite strong player, but stands out in spain. english cbs are alot more powerful).

Honestly speaking, our main weakness last year was midfield in big games. Adding another world class midfielder and go with 4:3:3 will elevate us on next level. Or some great player like Bale on RW to have nearly perfect attack. Mou should target that if he wants us to improve, not bring average players. One top CM or RW and we are set for next season.

Hazard needs a player who focuses on assisting him while he focuses assisting Diego; he'd be much more effective if he needn't assist himself for every goal; and that's why Turan would be useful IMO.

Are we even discussing Oscar being as good as Turan? Oscar has been horse shit for a year and a half. Its not just a game of assists and goals, but about contributing to the victory. I hope Oscar steps up but I am starting to like the idea of Turan joining us.

Cesc is shit when under pressure, Oscar and Willian too.

Come on, Willian is shit under pressure? thats nonsense.

Cesc also isnt "Shit", you're being way too critical. Cesc's problems with ball pressure is imo because of his physics, so in central midfield some midfielders can overpower him. But his ball control is probably the best after Hazard.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You