Arda Turan

Adnane

To me Atletico seems like a team that plays so agressive, and with two strikers most of the time, that the AMs dont have much freedom and space in attack, the style of the game Atletico creats just not compliment creative players.

Arda wont score many goals here, but i think he can be very important as a playmaker. Maybe starting in the #10, with Willian, Hazard and him interchanging places, and Cesc coming from behind... sounds lovely for me.

Those are crazy amounts of technical abilities. With Oscar also an option if he can get back to good form. maybe the competition will make him better.

Obviously Hazard and Costa will be the only proven and regular goal scorers, but imo we can live with it and still compete for everything, we won the league like that, and i dont think its the main reason we didnt progress to the semi final-final in CL.

And again, its not like there are many (if any) goal-scoring AMs in the market so we could just pick one. Griezmann is not an AM for me, Sterling (who's a bad finisher) costs like a ballon d'or winner. And Turan imo is, for now, at least as good as Sterling overall as a player.

------Cesc-Matic-------

Willian-Turan-Hazard

With Turan's experience and close control instead of Oscar's inconsistency and sometimes clumsyness, maybe Mourinho will feel comfortable to line-up like that in more big games than last season. And that will be an important development.

It's like you read my mind! I was about to basically to post the same damn thing! It's hard not be exited about this transfer! Firstly I was against it because of my boy Oscar, but on a second tought, every time I watched Arda play, I was saying to my self "what a beast"!!! the 3 in the middle Matic, Cesc, Arda will be OMG!!! And also is so good to have more balkan players in my team to show the word how good players they are and it's not all about the latinos!!! About he is age, I was reading that some of us here are concern about that! I can only say that he is the same age as Fabregas ( let that just sink in) he can comfortably give us atleast 2-3 seasons on the highest level! I also wish to have a team with the oldest player to be 25, but we all know that's impossible especially wih "Hose (like the english call him)" in charge! So yeah lets buy this bearded, hipster looking motherfucker!!!!

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except his age , price , goal and assist contribution , discipline.

But other than that he's fine. ( I actually do want him, kind of )

As opposed to getting no one

Out of all mentioned he sucks at discipline. He dictates the tempo of play so much, you won't even believe it, at least for Atleti. He isn't much of a goal scorer, but mainly because Simeone's tactics make him be the creator, rather than the scorer, if need be, he can finish pretty good if you ask me. Amazing in terms of dribbling and playmaking. Has a vision set. He's 28? Don't see anything bad there. Will push Oscar and if he doesn't cut it, bench him and be replaced by a younger more adequate player if the Brazillian is sold. Also can work on the right and if Cuadrado doesnt find form, is also a solution there. Okay transfer, by my books.

Only problem is his tendency to get stuck in rough challenges and gets yellow cards, but he's a Turk, kind of normal. No offence, intended.

we call Jose, Jose..we understand the difference between the Portuguese and Spanish prenounciation of the same name. atleast most of us.

it was a joke I didnt't mean to offend any of you especially when we are communicating on your native language right now! It's just so funny to me when some pundit like Alan Shearer calls him that!

Out of all mentioned he sucks at discipline. He dictates the tempo of play so much, you won't even believe it, at least for Atleti. He isn't much of a goal scorer, but mainly because Simeone's tactics make him be the creator, rather than the scorer, if need be, he can finish pretty good if you ask me. Amazing in terms of dribbling and playmaking. Has a vision set. He's 28? Don't see anything bad there. Will push Oscar and if he doesn't cut it, bench him and be replaced by a younger more adequate player if the Brazillian is sold. Also can work on the right and if Cuadrado doesnt find form, is also a solution there. Okay transfer, by my books.

Only problem is his tendency to get stuck in rough challenges and gets yellow cards, but he's a Turk, kind of normal. No offence, intended.

It's kinda of funny the two of us advocating for a turkish player. But it is what it is he is really good!

According to transfermarkt he recorded 44 goals and 76 assists in 190 games for Galatasaray. Goal or assist every 142 minutes.

But for Atletico it's only 22 goals and 32 assists in 177 games for Atletico. Goal or assist every 295 minutes.

Obviously we keep in mind that Atletico was a step up in level but by every account Arda played really, really well for Atletico so why so drastic drop in direct contribution ? Maybe he really is restricted there ?

I'd take him as like for like replacement for Oscar in a heartbeat. He thrives in big games, has exceptional technique and can keep flow of the counter-attacks.

Quite a change to Brazilian who is dropped constantly in bigger games. He is 28 but we have top young prospects in Boga, Musonda and Traore so I wouldn't attach to his age. Also it was suggested that Atletico will sell him for less than the clause. 35m€ is a fair price.

Lastly, it seems that they're already spending Turan money on Callejon.

He's much better than Oscar currently, that's a given.

He's a very good player who could take some of the creative strain off the back of Fabregas and is a proven big game player so I would be happy with him. Not as happy as I would be if we signed Reus/Bale/Isco/Pogba/Koke but if none of them are available then I guess he's our next best option.

If we get him for around £25M then it would be a decent price, any higher than £35M and I would feel a bit uncomfortable.

He's much better than Oscar currently, that's a given.

No he isn't. Oscar is better, not even close. Saying "that's a given" doesn't make it true.

Hell, I'd take Willian over Turan as well & I'm one of his biggest critics. Clearly isn't anything in this rumour, 28 year old midfielder that lacks pace, doesn't score or assist often.

No he isn't. Oscar is better, not even close. Saying "that's a given" doesn't make it true.

Hell, I'd take Willian over Turan as well & I'm one of his biggest critics. Clearly isn't anything in this rumour, 28 year old midfielder that lacks pace, doesn't score or assist often.

And you just saying he's better does make it true!!! xD.

I didn't realise it was you when I first replied and was gobsmacked about how anyone can think Oscar is even as good as Turan let alone much better but now Pizy (thanks mate) has pointed out who i'm talking to it all makes sense.

I could give you all of the reasons why he's better but I get the distinct impression it would be a waste of my time because it wouldn't change your opinion because you're either deliberately trolling about the whole Oscar love-in or you're so genuinely obssessed with him in your own fan-boy way that you can't look at things to do with him impartially anyway. So either way I think i'll leave it here!

Lol Gilvorak why are you such a fan of Oscar? What has he done in these past few years that was really important? The guy is not good enough, he is too inconsistent and even when he's inform I'm still not impressed with him.

And you just saying he's better does make it true!!! xD.

I didn't realise it was you when I first replied and was gobsmacked about how anyone can think Oscar is even as good as Turan let alone much better but now Pizy (thanks mate) has pointed out who i'm talking to it all makes sense.

I could give you all of the reasons why he's better but I get the distinct impression it would be a waste of my time because it wouldn't change your opinion because you're either deliberately trolling about the whole Oscar love-in or you're so genuinely obssessed with him in your own fan-boy way that you can't look at things to do with him impartially anyway. So either way I think i'll leave it here!

Calling me a troll doesn't make Arda Turan better than Oscar. He's a niche, hipster fan favourite but in reality there isn't anything special about him. Just because he dribbles better than Oscar doesn't make him a better player. He lacks end product, pace & has no upside whatsoever.

No idea what this has to do with me supposedly being blindsided Oscar when I just stated Willian's also a better player.

Lol Gilvorak why are you such a fan of Oscar? What has he done in these past few years that was really important? The guy is not good enough, he is too inconsistent and even when he's inform I'm still not impressed with him.

Because the few AM's better than him are clearly unattainable. I'd rather stick with him for at least another year & see if he can maintain consistency over an entire season than flogging him out the club because he isn't as good as Hazard. I see Oscar as a long term project that improves with age rather than the finished product our fans impatiently want him to be.

Hell, I've critiqued Oscar's flaw even while he was still loved pre-Mata sale. I've just grown increasingly defensive over the past year or so because of the outlandish & unfair **** said about him & his rise to the club's scapegoat after Torres left. Alot of our fans genuinely believe he lacks any talent whatsoever which is ridiculous. Oscar has pulled off some things over the past couple of seasons that Hazard can't even dream of.

Because the few AM's better than him are clearly unattainable. I'd rather stick with him for at least another year & see if he can maintain consistency over an entire season than flogging him out the club because he isn't as good as Hazard. I see Oscar as a long term project that improves with age rather than the finished product our fans impatiently want him to be.

Hell, I've critiqued Oscar's flaw even while he was still loved pre-Mata sale. I've just grown increasingly defensive over the past year or so because of the outlandish & unfair **** said about him & his rise to the club's scapegoat after Torres left. Alot of our fans genuinely believe he lacks any talent whatsoever which is ridiculous. Oscar has pulled off some things over the past couple of seasons that Hazard can't even dream of.

We've had him for three seasons. He should go ASAP while clubs are still interested in him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You