Arda Turan

Adnane

So no Arda topic in this section ?

His agent announced that he wants to leave Atletico, and wants to play particularly in the PL.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2015/06/24/primera/1435105035_879932.html?id_externo_rsoc=CM

Chances are we are surely among the 3 premier league clubs interested.

What a signing it could be !

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumoured price is €40m. A lot for a 28 year old , who averages 3 league goals a season and has rubbish discipline. I do value his ability highly , but would sooner pursue fekir and Anderson

Rumoured price is €40m. A lot for a 28 year old , who averages 3 league goals a season and has rubbish discipline. I do value his ability highly , but would sooner pursue fekir and Anderson

He is a good player and he always fights like a warrior but not a world class player.. We should go for Sterling instead. He is very expensive but if we sell a few players - Salah, Moses, Cech, Rémy/Bamford - we could afford him.

What the fuck is with prices in this transfer window? It seems clubs value their socks 20m fucking million. Any decent player I hear of is mentioned in the price range of at least 40m. Get the fuck out!

I think it's time we get used to the new shift. I mean, there was a time when Lampard was a record signing for £11m or something. Not to mention the days before then. It seems the money in football keeps growing and has no ceiling.

We should go for Sterling instead. He is very expensive but if we sell a few players - Salah, Moses, Cech, Rémy/Bamford - we could afford him.

even rodman wouldn't say that

Is he really that much of an upgrade on Willian for the RW? It seems to me his output is similar.

Don't get me wrong but 40M is a lot for what could maybe not even be an upgrade...or at best a very slight one...

We won't get him at 40M, that's just his release clause and his agent announced his intention to leave, so I guess the negotiations would be around 30M.

But seriously, he is an upgrade over Willian, I love the brazilian and wants him on the starting XI, but he needs to play as a more free AM.

Turan can do what Willian does now, which is pressing, covering and be a threat on the wings, way better, simply because he's proven on the right.

Willian would play as a number 10 or 11 depending on the switch with Eden, which would be just perfect for all three.

That of course depends on the form of Oscar, who on a good day is as important for us as anybody right.

I think it's time we get used to the new shift. I mean, there was a time when Lampard was a record signing for £11m or something. Not to mention the days before then. It seems the money in football keeps growing and has no ceiling.

It would be fair and easy to get used to it if there were no FFP looming over clubs.

I think there are no excuses for this ludicrous prices.

Listen I know very well a difference between an on fire player who has more then 2 years on his contract and a player near thirties who had less then that, but it seems the clubs just don't. Whatever I see, it's 30, 40, 50 million... Explains why the club hasn't moved for anybody just yet. They are not crazy to pay those valuations.

We won't get him at 40M, that's just his release clause and his agent announced his intention to leave, so I guess the negotiations would be around 30M.

But seriously, he is an upgrade over Willian, I love the brazilian and wants him on the starting XI, but he needs to play as a more free AM.

Turan can do what Willian does now, which is pressing, covering and be a threat on the wings, way better, simply because he's proven on the right.

Willian would play as a number 10 or 11 depending on the switch with Eden, which would be just perfect for all three.

That of course depends on the form of Oscar, who on a good day is as important for us as anybody right.

I just can't see Mourinho playing someone as slow as Arda Turan in the role of a wide-midfielder/winger in this current Chelsea team. Besides, what many people appear to be forgetting/ignoring is that Arda Turan's natural position is CAM; he has been deployed in wide positions at Atletico due to Simeone's liking for playing a 4-4-2, and this has had a negative impact upon his statistical output in terms of both goals and assists. IF we were to get him (it seems unlikely at the moment), I'm fairly certain that he would end up playing as our 'number 10'.

I just can't see Mourinho playing someone as slow as Arda Turan in the role of a wide-midfielder/winger in this current Chelsea team. Besides, what many people appear to be forgetting/ignoring is that Arda Turan's natural position is CAM; he has been deployed in wide positions at Atletico due to Simeone's liking for playing a 4-4-2, and this has had a negative impact upon his statistical output in terms of both goals and assists. IF we were to get him (it seems unlikely at the moment), I'm fairly certain that he would end up playing as our 'number 10'.

Slow ? I don't think we're talking about the same player.

He isn't slow at all, just uses technique rather than speed.

He can't possibly play as a number 10, we have Oscar Hazard and Willian for that.

And believe me, i've been watching a lot of Atletico games in the last 2 years, his spot is on the right, and he's really comfortable there.

But then again, the three AMs are interchangeable, so it wouldn't be an issue in itself.

We just got the greatest winger for our system here, i don't even know why i didn't think of him earlier.

Slow ? I don't think we're talking about the same player.

He isn't slow at all, just uses technique rather than speed.

He can't possibly play as a number 10, we have Oscar Hazard and Willian for that.

And believe me, i've been watching a lot of Atletico games in the last 2 years, his spot is on the right, and he's really comfortable there.

But then again, the three AMs are interchangeable, so it wouldn't be an issue in itself.

We just got the greatest winger for our system here, i don't even know why i didn't think of him earlier.

Turan is certainly (much) more comfortable playing on the right than Willian is (due to his almost Hazard-like levels of technique), but I simply cannot agree that he has anything approaching genuine pace; he's about as 'fast' as Oscar is, maybe even a little less, and I can't see Mourinho willingly choosing to play such a player in wide positions.

Turan's main strengths are his brilliant technique, vision when in possession, short passing, and general work-rate; it would be an utter waste of such a player (an older, stronger, much more technical version of Oscar) to shunt him off to the RM where his ability to influence play (even when interchanging positions) would be diminished. He works (or worked) at RM in Atletico's system, but I very much doubt that he would be as effective for us in a similar role if we continue to use the 4-2-3-1; we attack, maintain possession, and defend using very different methods to those employed at Atletico, even if there are superficial similarities between our approaches (e.g. priority is given to defending, the defence plays deep, domination of possession is not viewed as essential etc.)

Exactly, if there's one team that plays like us it's definitely Atleti.

But then again, the 3 in front are interchangeable, Turan would find himself in a 10 position way more than you would think, as it is the case for Oscar and Willian atm. ( and surely Eden ).

And for Oscar, I think they aren't that similar, Arda is better on 1 on 1 and has got better technique, ( believe me again, he's got decent pace ), but Oscar shoots better and is a bit more suited for the 10 role.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You