Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Billy.

7 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I thought Milner joined Liverpool because he wanted a new challenge.  He's never been a pure CM, he's like a better version of Ramires (can play LM/CM/RM/DM, jack of all trades, master of none). 

I thought Milner was generally played as a CM early in his career.  He certainly had good spells at it with Villa and Newcastle.  At City, his industry was used down the wing and they had a number of CM options by the time Milner left. 

I seemed to recall that's why he signed for Liverpool

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/13/james-milner-why-i-moved-to-liverpool

8 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

This guy still thinks we haven't given up even on Alex Sandro... :middlefinger:

He's probably right but getting Sandro in this window is not a possibility, the club may just have postponed chasing him till next year. 

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

There is merit in what you say once a player is at a club, and a part of their squad. It's different however when a player is considering which club he wants to join. It's perfectly reasonable for a player to prefer the club which will select him in his preferred position. Of course, later on, the player is entitled to judge his new employers by whether or not they keep their promise.

As far as I know Ox has never refused to play in any position he's been ask to fill. He's done exactly what you say he should, but he's perfectly entitled to seek starts in his favoured role.

Sure.  I get it, he doesn't have to sign a contract if he doesn't want to play here, knowing that he'll be a RWB.

The reason I brought up Milner is because he thought he was going to play as a CM at Liverpool and it didn't work out that way.  So, basing your decision on where a team says they are going to play you isn't always how it ends up working out.

We are so fools. If we haven't waited so long for OX and he rejected us earlier we would still have a chance to go for Aurier. Now we missed on both. But this club has been like this for some time now.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You