test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Billy.

Rumoured Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Started by Billy.,

1,070 posts in this topic

I'm not surprised to be honest, but I'm also not that mad he rejected us. He would have been a great addition, but if the reports are correct and he doesn't want to play as a WB then I don't really want him here. I certainly don't see him playing in central midfield or anywhere else despite his versatility unless the circumstances call for that.

Blusan Alamb, Tomo and Laylabelle like this

32 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

We need wingbacks not wingers

Forget the defense 

if I was at Chelsea board I would have signed lemar instead of WB

Not sure why we are not just allowing Tomori to rotate with Moses. Yes he's young, but give him a shot. Sometimes throwing them in at the deep end is the best solution. I would love to see Juan Castillo get a squad place for LWB in the near future, he looks really talented at 17 y/o. I don't believe these youngsters are not capable. 

blu35_army and King11Didier like this

14 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

The real question is why the fuck were we in for Ox for so long and so late to play our RWB when he doesnt even want to play that position.

Such a rubbish decision by the board, unbelievable.

He turned down a new contract at Arsenal a few days ago so how is that a long time ?. It's only become apparent overnight that he didn't want to play wing back so again how can you blame the board ?. If someone doesn't want to join Chelsea that's their choice nothing that the board can do about it.

Henrique likes this

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be paid about £125,000 a week by Liverpool. Turned down new Arsenal contract worth up to £180,000 a week

We have been absolutely the joke of the town this transfer season. Hands down jokers.

More than players we need new board members because the current lot is an embarrassment to the club.

6 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

We have been absolutely the joke of the town this transfer season. Hands down jokers.

More than players we need new board members because the current lot is an embarrassment to the club.

Really? Try being an Arsenal fan; we could have done more but we're far from being a joke.

13 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

He turned down a new contract at Arsenal a few days ago so how is that a long time ?. It's only become apparent overnight that he didn't want to play wing back so again how can you blame the board ?. If someone doesn't want to join Chelsea that's their choice nothing that the board can do about it.

It has been dragging whole summer that he wants to leave. Also that he prefers to play midfield. Clear as day, there were concerns here two months ago that he might refuse to join us because he wants to be midfielder and not RWB. 

If Talkchelsea had sense of whats going on, I dont understand why chelsea board didnt check these things at least a month ago. We were interested in him long before he refused new contract. 

Yes we can do nothing when player doesnt want to join us, but we can do alot in how and when we handle transfers 

If we enquired about his situation and his demands earlier, it would give us enough time to find new target by now.

But now we are fucked, one day to go, it will be panic once again.

2 minutes ago, Rich De Hog said:

Really? Try being an Arsenal fan; we could have done more but we're far from being a joke.

If you are going to compare us with Arsenal then I have no words. Arsenal are joke because of Ox and Sanchez which is happening right now but we have been joke right from the start of the transfer.

He's fucking deluded if he thinks he going to be playing in that liverpool midfield he will end up out wide or a right back. Wenger may be a fucking clown, but if OX was any good in the CM position Wenger would of played him there properly.

Having him in addition to either Willian or Pedro rampaging down our right flank could've been something special. Instead he'll go to Liverpool and be a rotational midfield player and have his best attributes wasted. Shame.

I wouldn't be nearly as angry as I am right now if this had happened weeks ago. Now, unless we panic buy someone who's only decent and nothing more, we're shit out of luck as far as wing backs go. 

Only thing that really gives me hope is that we "panic bought" Marcos Alonso last deadline day, everyone thought he was average and laughed that he was ex-Sunderland, and he turned out to be a fantastic buy. Let's pray that we strike gold again.

Laylabelle and RoyalBlues like this

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Having him in addition to either Willian or Pedro rampaging down our right flank could've been something special. Instead he'll go to Liverpool and be a rotational midfield player and have his best attributes wasted. Shame.

I wouldn't be nearly as angry as I am right now if this had happened weeks ago. Now, unless we panic buy someone who's only decent and nothing more, we're shit out of luck as far as wing backs go. 

Only thing that really gives me hope is that we "panic bought" Marcos Alonso last deadline day, everyone thought he was average and laughed that he was ex-Sunderland, and he turned out to be a fantastic buy. Let's pray that we strike gold again.

Am hoping that we was never in for OX because neither clubs confirmed it. So maybe just maybe we have some one lined up..

3 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

If you are going to compare us with Arsenal then I have no words. Arsenal are joke because of Ox and Sanchez which is happening right now but we have been joke right from the start of the transfer.

Same complaints every year; why aren't we spending £100 million etc etc.... yet we keep winning titles, were not a joke, we've signed three young players with bags of potential, two of which could easily make the jump into the Ballon catergory if they apply themselves.

We don't need a revolution we need to bolster the squad and players like drinkwater ( a PL winner) and the much travelled Llorente are perfect additions. The only shame is we've missed out on Sandro.

DDA and Tomo like this

3 minutes ago, Rich De Hog said:

Same complaints every year; why aren't we spending £100 million etc etc.... yet we keep winning titles, were not a joke, we've signed three young players with bags of potential, two of which could easily make the jump into the Ballon catergory if they apply themselves.

Which 2 could make the Ballon d'or list?