Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Billy.

Got to a point with us that even when we agree a fee for a player, you still don't get excited until the signature is signed on the dotted line. I had a fear about this happening and now look. You will come to regret it Ox anyway...

Part of me thinks this is papers trying to sell papers and gain clicks because BBC is who broke the story to begin with that fees agreed - now a BBC reporter claims he wants to go to Liverpool. You mean to tell me that you work for the company and had no idea before they let out a press release that he wouldn't go to Chelsea and only wants Liverpool. Then all other news media latching on to his story. It will be unfortunate if true but i'm still a little skeptical

13 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

I'm just wondering. Did we really waste time trying to persuade Arsenal to sell without contacting people close to him to see if he was interested in a move? I thought that was the first thing in any transfer.

That's they way our board works. Logic and reason don't exist.

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

Got to a point with us that even when we agree a fee for a player, you still don't get excited until the signature is signed on the dotted line. I had a fear about this happening and now look. You will come to regret it Ox anyway...

That's what makes this more gutting. Usually agreeing terms with a player is a formality and the easiest part of a deal while dealing with the selling club is the hard part. We agreed terms with a hated London rival for one of their better players and he then rejects us. Sickening.

The only possible positive thing about this is that if Liverpool sign him, they won't be able to sign Lemar who would be a real upgrade to their midfield. Even then, we would still need to look for a quality RB before deadline. Need to hijack the Aurier deal if there is still a chance. The other name we've been linked with is Cedric, but I doubt Southampton will sell.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Idiots. Idiots everywhere...

Seeing a lot of this, a lot of "THANK GOD, HES SHIT ANYWAYS!" and a lot of Liverpool fans laughing at us and calling us a small club because Ox chose them over us.

4 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

He's not wrong though...

I bet if Conte didn't know Morata, he wouldn't have joined Chelsea ahead of other teams. 

Which world class players have we been after that have rejected us? 

Just now, Reddish-Blue said:

He's not wrong though...

I bet if Conte didn't know Morata, he wouldn't have joined Chelsea ahead of other teams. 

But you can't say that for certain, can you? He didn't know Bakayoko beforehand and yet, he has said it was Conte who convinced him to reject other clubs and join us.

How can one expect Conte to convince players when the club don't want to spend the necessary money on players to begin with?

Just now, Jason said:

But you can't say that for certain, can you? He didn't know Bakayoko beforehand and yet, he has said it was Conte who convinced him to reject other clubs and join us.

How can one expect Conte to convince players when the club don't want to spend the necessary money on players to begin with?

Add Kante to the least. 

And tbh, he never coached Morata before. 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Which world class players have we been after that have rejected us? 

Based on the rumors so far in the transfer window: 

Alex Sandro - still at Juve
VVD - prefers Liverpool
Lukaku - went to United

All 3 of them would have been top-class additions to the first team.  

25 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

Part of me thinks this is papers trying to sell papers and gain clicks because BBC is who broke the story to begin with that fees agreed - now a BBC reporter claims he wants to go to Liverpool. You mean to tell me that you work for the company and had no idea before they let out a press release that he wouldn't go to Chelsea and only wants Liverpool. Then all other news media latching on to his story. It will be unfortunate if true but i'm still a little skeptical

David Ornstein the bloke who first reported the story about him rejecting Chelsea is as good a source as it gets with Arsenal news so if he comes out to say something like that I trust it to be true. The story about a fee being agreed always went with the narrative that Liverpool were still very much in the mix and it's not a done deal yet.

It happens, for example Kieran Gibbs rejected Watford earlier today after they'd agreed a fee with Arsenal. It's just rarely happens with a top club like Chelsea but this window has been amateur hour in full swing at the club anyway so it doesn't really even surprise me anymore.

And also, the BBC are the British government's media house and they're not exactly a news outlet that have to rely on getting clicks to get paid so they have zero reason for lying here.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You