test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Billy.

Rumoured Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Started by Billy.,

1,079 posts in this topic

A decent English player that can cover several positions, wouldn't hesitate to have him here for a reasonable price.

Would not mind taking him. Yes he has been pants last season and has not reallyd developed to his full potential yet and might never do so. But our right wing is not getting any younger and he would be a decent backup. 

Apart from that, Arsenal will never sell him to us. 

On 23/04/2017 at 9:45 PM, The Skipper said:

I think he'd be a revelation there, quite easily. He has the potential to be a really superb player in our system at RWB, he'd be awesome. Doubt the club has that much imagination though. 

I might stand corrected in this.....

15 hours ago, The Skipper said:

This dude would grab at least 10 goals/assists from RWB for us. At least. 

I would really like him here too I also reckon he can blossom into the player we no he could be. Just need him to ring ashley Cole for advise on switch from arsenal to chelsea lol 

Why aren't we in for Semedo? If we can't get Ox I think Semedo would be perfect, likely to cost just 30 mil as well. Been linked to United in the last few days.

blueblood22 and Supermonkey92 like this

10 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Why aren't we in for Semedo? If we can't get Ox I think Semedo would be perfect, likely to cost just 30 mil as well. Been linked to United in the last few days.

This question presupposes that the media know everything and publish everything they know. Not sure if that is true.

Arsenal want Chelsea star Nemanja Matic in exchange for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - report

ARSENAL have offered Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to Chelsea in exchange for Nemanja Matic, according to Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/828483/Arsenal-Chelsea-Nemanja-Matic-Oxlade-Chamberlain-Di-Marzio-Premier-League-Transfer-News

Interesting situation. If Matic goes to Juventus, it might help smooth the Sandro transfer while also not strenghtening a direct rival. If he goes to Arsenal, we might get a young English RWB that is better than Moses.
I guess it comes down to who we prefer. 

The Skipper likes this

Interesting situation. If Matic goes to Juventus, it might help smooth the Sandro transfer while also not strenghtening a direct rival. If he goes to Arsenal, we might get a young English RWB that is better than Moses.

We should prefer one of the top left-backs in the world first. No doubt for me.

The Ox would be a brilliant signing especially if we sell matic. Could fill in at CM if needed. We will sign another CM if matic leaves though.
Rekin likes this

23 minutes ago, Rekin said:

Speaking just of the rumoured swap deal with Arsenal. I don't believe it at all. I just don't see Nemanja as an Arsene Wenger player. If that deal really is on the table then take it , unless...

We face an either/or situation where both Arsenal & Juve insist it's Matic or no deal. The preference obviously would be to involve Nemanja in one of the deals and pay cash for the other, but, if we have to choose, I suppose do business with Juve and find another solution for RWB. I'd really like The Ox here though.

The Skipper and Tomo like this

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Speaking just of the rumoured swap deal with Arsenal. I don't believe it at all. I just don't see Nemanja as an Arsene Wenger player. If that deal really is on the table then take it , unless...

We face an either/or situation where both Arsenal & Juve insist it's Matic or no deal. The preference obviously would be to involve Nemanja in one of the deals and pay cash for the other, but, if we have to choose, I suppose do business with Juve and find another solution for RWB. I'd really like The Ox here though.

I agree. I think though that perhaps this might be the season where Wenger tries to adapt his gameplan a bit, and therefore Matic is attractive to him.

Honestly, the dream would be if Matic plus say £40m (for example, could be more I guess) could be converted into The Ox and Sanchez. That would instantly give us a class RWB and a world class striker. Man, that would turn this window into one of our best ones. I do realise it is a forlorn dream though.