Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Billy.

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

It's not a stupid policy, we're an English club and therefore should have a foundation built on English players. 

I should explain further; 

I would love to have more english players, but not at the cost of quality. 

And certainly not at this price. 

IF we are to believe the rumours, we are about to pay around 35-40m on Drinkwater, who is average decent player, but from moon it can be seen he wont be our starter, but only a bench option. Then we are interested in 30-40m Barkley who had absolutely average season and didnt develop at all. Again, maybe a good squad option, thats all. 

The only one that makes sense (at least at this point) is Ox who will provide depth and competition, nevermind is versatile. He is also english which is not bad.

The point is only Ox will be bought for more reasons than just being english. 

We can find miles better bench options who are also cheaper than Barkley and Drinkwater.

And in the end, we seem to spend over 100m on these three players and there is great chance all of them will only be bench players on long run, and on top (again apart from Ox) they will provide very little from bench except for depth. 

Playing against top sides, and we will think, hey we have Drinkwater and Barkley on bench, yeah that will elevate our play surely. 

Then whats even more idiotic is selling decent players from our youth squad who also happens to be english. They are no worse than Drinkwater or Barkley at this moment, but obviously they all want to leave because we will forever threat them as nothing but kids who are not ready yet. 

And bottom line, if we are so desperate to overpay for english players, why didnt we do it earlier when there were at least decent options available? Sterling, Clyne to name a few.

Don't the club usually announce that an agreement has been reached and that personal terms and medical will happen afterwards? I seem to recall we did so with our summer signings so far, right?

In that case it's a bit strange that all of those journalists tweeted that an agreement between the clubs was reached but we've seen nothing since. Makes me feel like we haven't fully convinced Ox himself yet.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don't the club usually announce that an agreement has been reached and that personal terms and medical will happen afterwards? I seem to recall we did so with our summer signings so far, right?

In that case it's a bit strange that all of those journalists tweeted that an agreement between the clubs was reached but we've seen nothing since. Makes me feel like we haven't fully convinced Ox himself yet.

We've done it only with Morata I think, all others were already presented and signed before announcement, as I recall.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yes this is the reason. 

He is not convinced yet .

If Ox needs so much convincing maybe we should look elsewhere. It looks to me that we're not his first option and the club is well aware of that, therefore there's no confirmation that the transfer is subject to a medical and personal terms agreement although the fee has been sorted out.

28 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I see the paranoid Pizy has reared its ugly head once again...

44 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We only did so with Morata and not with the other 3 signings. We actually didnt even hear anything official about Baka for 2 days after everyone confirmed it was done.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You