test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Billy.

Rumoured Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Started by Billy.,

1,075 posts in this topic
33 minutes ago, Blusan Alamb said:

Chelsea tell Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to use Gary Cahill as inspiration #AFC #CFC @Matt_Law_DT

Inspiration for what? How to be a terrible captain and defender? 

TheIceMan likes this

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Tbh Aurier can play CB, RB or RWB (he played wing back in Toulouse and was excellent).

And going straight pvp, not counting personality and off the pitch issues for RWB spot, Aurier indeed is better player than Ox. 

But yes, either would be fine right now.

Terrible captain? Was the in field captain last season when we won the title..

57 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Why not to put a bid to lemar ??

Because we don't need a player like him. We have Willian, Pedro, Hazard, Musonda. Lemar wouldn't get in ahead of Willian or Pedro on that right wing. 

21 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Lemar is a wonderful player, hopefuly he stays in Monaco.

If it wasnt for this stupid english player policy, I would have Lemar here over Ox any time. Im sure Lemar would be more than capable of playing LW, RW, RwB, LwB, or AM.

It's not a stupid policy, we're an English club and therefore should have a foundation built on English players. 

kmk108 and Chelsea? like this

12 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

Terrible captain? Was the in field captain last season when we won the title..

still a shit player who cant control a defence, azpi luiz and kante held it all together, he just made up the numbers

TheIceMan and J.F. like this

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

It's not a stupid policy, we're an English club and therefore should have a foundation built on English players. 

I should explain further; 

I would love to have more english players, but not at the cost of quality. 

And certainly not at this price. 

IF we are to believe the rumours, we are about to pay around 35-40m on Drinkwater, who is average decent player, but from moon it can be seen he wont be our starter, but only a bench option. Then we are interested in 30-40m Barkley who had absolutely average season and didnt develop at all. Again, maybe a good squad option, thats all. 

The only one that makes sense (at least at this point) is Ox who will provide depth and competition, nevermind is versatile. He is also english which is not bad.

The point is only Ox will be bought for more reasons than just being english. 

We can find miles better bench options who are also cheaper than Barkley and Drinkwater.

And in the end, we seem to spend over 100m on these three players and there is great chance all of them will only be bench players on long run, and on top (again apart from Ox) they will provide very little from bench except for depth. 

Playing against top sides, and we will think, hey we have Drinkwater and Barkley on bench, yeah that will elevate our play surely. 

Then whats even more idiotic is selling decent players from our youth squad who also happens to be english. They are no worse than Drinkwater or Barkley at this moment, but obviously they all want to leave because we will forever threat them as nothing but kids who are not ready yet. 

And bottom line, if we are so desperate to overpay for english players, why didnt we do it earlier when there were at least decent options available? Sterling, Clyne to name a few.

I don't know if he is reliable but I want to be true 
IMG_6639.thumb.PNG.974f4946daf37720e548d3df9e44c115.PNG

Ya I don't trust him... that will throw our wage bill into chaos

Don't the club usually announce that an agreement has been reached and that personal terms and medical will happen afterwards? I seem to recall we did so with our summer signings so far, right?

In that case it's a bit strange that all of those journalists tweeted that an agreement between the clubs was reached but we've seen nothing since. Makes me feel like we haven't fully convinced Ox himself yet.

Dimitr likes this

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don't the club usually announce that an agreement has been reached and that personal terms and medical will happen afterwards? I seem to recall we did so with our summer signings so far, right?

In that case it's a bit strange that all of those journalists tweeted that an agreement between the clubs was reached but we've seen nothing since. Makes me feel like we haven't fully convinced Ox himself yet.

We've done it only with Morata I think, all others were already presented and signed before announcement, as I recall.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yes this is the reason. 

He is not convinced yet .