test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy.

Rumoured Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Started by Billy.,

297 posts in this topic

Good, solid player but I'm not sure he makes a whole lot,of sense for us. Not from his perspective, anyways. He'd have a similar situation here to the role he's got at Arsenal which is that he wouldn't be an automatic starter. That's the whole reason he wants out.

Much as I'd dislike seeing him there, Liverpool makes the most sense.

Stats likes this

13 minutes ago, the wes said:

BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources: Chelsea join Liverpool and Manchester City in race to sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from Arsenal.

Much like Sandro yesterday, I'll believe it when we put an actual bid in.

At the moment, there's nothing concrete on signing players - apart from Caballero (who's a free agent), Bakayoko and Lukaku - and it feels like we're doing a Wenger. Leak stories to the press we're interested in Player X, Y, Z but not actually doing anything to sign them.

I've long been curious how these outlets find out about clubs "joining the race" to sign such and such player. Is there a que around the back of the Emirates where Klopp and Pep were standing? Now Conte's back there, too? :D

Like, how the hell could they possibly know? No club official would tell them secretly, surely?

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I've long been curious how these outlets find out about clubs "joining the race" to sign such and such player. Is there a que around the back of the Emirates where Klopp and Pep were standing? Now Conte's back there, too? :D

Like, how the hell could they possibly know? No club official would tell them secretly, surely?

Football agents...

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Football agents...

So what, does an agent phone up Jim White and say "hey, Jim, Chelsea are now interested in Ox. Tell everyone."

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

Much like Sandro yesterday, I'll believe it when we put an actual bid in.

At the moment, there's nothing concrete on signing players - apart from Caballero (who's a free agent), Bakayoko and Lukaku - and it feels like we're doing a Wenger. Leak stories to the press we're interested in Player X, Y, Z but not actually doing anything to sign them.

How do you know that we not doing anything to sign a player?  

36 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So what, does an agent phone up Jim White and say "hey, Jim, Chelsea are now interested in Ox. Tell everyone."

I wish I know the intricacies...Sky may have people keeping tabs on the transfers.

27 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

How do you know that we not doing anything to sign a player?  

Never said that definitively, did I? But if we are, apart from the 3 aforementioned players, then we are sure doing very well in keeping things quiet very well.

50 minutes ago, Pizy said:

. Have to say I think us being interested in the Ox is bull.(sorry couldn't resist:)).

Pizy and mccg like this

Is he not in the final year of his contract? If he doesn't cost too much, I think it would be a good buy. Physically strong player, HG, versatile, good passing, can finish.

1 minute ago, quickpassnmove said:

Is he not in the final year of his contract? If he doesn't cost too much, I think it would be a good buy. Physically strong player, HG, versatile, good passing, can finish.

Honeslty wouldn't be surprised if that old, stubborn fool Wenger just kept him and let him go for free next summer than sell him to a direct rival. Same with Sanchez.

3 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

. Have to say I think us being interested in the Ox is bull.(sorry couldn't resist:)).

Sounds alot of Boll ox to me :cig:

Iggy Doonican likes this

I think it was nice of Arsenal to use him in a 2 man CM as well as a WB during the second half of the season.  I think he'd do well here and that it would be a good piece of business.  He's not outstanding, but can play a number of roles well.  With the current squad, I think he'd be first choice RWB.  Thanks Arsene.  

Yes!

But AOC has to show some backbone here, and drive the move himself. This is the 2nd time his agent has leaked to the press how disrespected AOC feels about Arsenal dragging their heels on his contract renewal. If he stays at Arsenal after all this, then wow, what a letdown. 

If Arsenal are willing to sell, before he goes for a free, then CFC gotta bring him in, and let Conte mould him into the RWB-role. 

The Skipper likes this

Pre-injuries Ox, I would take in a heartbeat. Current Ox, I'm not really sure. He used to be so explosive and direct. Deadly 1 on 1. Now he lost that bit of pace that made the difference. He's still very fast but not crazy fast. He improved in other aspects of his game though.

I don't know where he would play but he is not better than Hazard/Pedro/Willian and as a wingback, I think Moses who is homegrown is not far behind him.

12 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Don't have a cow man :)

Chuck some oxo cubes on that cow,have a barbie:beer: