Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Billy.

On 4/17/2017 at 6:36 PM, The Skipper said:

Perfect for the RWB spot eh?

I stand corrected. 

Past two performances at RWB have been very good. Surprisingly dealt with Sane better than anybody has in recent months. 

Because even if City kept going to Sane to create, Arsenal kept going to AOC to create as well, and at the end of the day, he won the battle. Especially in that secons half. 

Doubt we're interested in him though. Let's see. 

Very good shout thou Skip. 

1 minute ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I stand corrected. 

Past two performances at RWB have been very good. Surprisingly dealt with Sane better than anybody has in recent months. 

Because even if City kept going to Sane to create, Arsenal kept going to AOC to create as well, and at the end of the day, he won the battle. Especially in that secons half. 

Doubt we're interested in him though. Let's see. 

Very good shout thou Skip. 

I think he'd be a revelation there, quite easily. He has the potential to be a really superb player in our system at RWB, he'd be awesome. Doubt the club has that much imagination though. 

• 1 month later...

Good, solid player but I'm not sure he makes a whole lot,of sense for us. Not from his perspective, anyways. He'd have a similar situation here to the role he's got at Arsenal which is that he wouldn't be an automatic starter. That's the whole reason he wants out.

Much as I'd dislike seeing him there, Liverpool makes the most sense.

13 minutes ago, the wes said:

BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources: Chelsea join Liverpool and Manchester City in race to sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from Arsenal.

Much like Sandro yesterday, I'll believe it when we put an actual bid in.

At the moment, there's nothing concrete on signing players - apart from Caballero (who's a free agent), Bakayoko and Lukaku - and it feels like we're doing a Wenger. Leak stories to the press we're interested in Player X, Y, Z but not actually doing anything to sign them.

I've long been curious how these outlets find out about clubs "joining the race" to sign such and such player. Is there a que around the back of the Emirates where Klopp and Pep were standing? Now Conte's back there, too? :D

Like, how the hell could they possibly know? No club official would tell them secretly, surely?

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I've long been curious how these outlets find out about clubs "joining the race" to sign such and such player. Is there a que around the back of the Emirates where Klopp and Pep were standing? Now Conte's back there, too? :D

Like, how the hell could they possibly know? No club official would tell them secretly, surely?

Football agents...

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Football agents...

So what, does an agent phone up Jim White and say "hey, Jim, Chelsea are now interested in Ox. Tell everyone."

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

Much like Sandro yesterday, I'll believe it when we put an actual bid in.

At the moment, there's nothing concrete on signing players - apart from Caballero (who's a free agent), Bakayoko and Lukaku - and it feels like we're doing a Wenger. Leak stories to the press we're interested in Player X, Y, Z but not actually doing anything to sign them.

How do you know that we not doing anything to sign a player?  

36 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So what, does an agent phone up Jim White and say "hey, Jim, Chelsea are now interested in Ox. Tell everyone."

I wish I know the intricacies...Sky may have people keeping tabs on the transfers.

27 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

How do you know that we not doing anything to sign a player?  

Never said that definitively, did I? But if we are, apart from the 3 aforementioned players, then we are sure doing very well in keeping things quiet very well.

50 minutes ago, Pizy said:

. Have to say I think us being interested in the Ox is bull.(sorry couldn't resist:)).

1 minute ago, quickpassnmove said:

Is he not in the final year of his contract? If he doesn't cost too much, I think it would be a good buy. Physically strong player, HG, versatile, good passing, can finish.

Honeslty wouldn't be surprised if that old, stubborn fool Wenger just kept him and let him go for free next summer than sell him to a direct rival. Same with Sanchez.

I actually think he is one of a few English players that is actually underrated :) Very all-around player, could fill CM, RWB or RW position ...he is homegrown, wouldn't cost much and he could actually push for starting position at RWB ;) 

I think he was very good playing in 343 formation for Arsenal and this deal would actually make sense. We can't spend 30-40M on every position we need (or we want) to strengthen. Ox could be a bargain for that right wing back position that could actually work really well and we can spend more money on other transfers ;) 

3 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

. Have to say I think us being interested in the Ox is bull.(sorry couldn't resist:)).

Sounds alot of Boll ox to me :cig:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You