Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Billy.

• 10 months later...

Rumours today about Chelsea eyeing Ox and Alexis. I would like Ox here for a good price and wages. Alexis is good, but he's also a small guy who will be slowing down quickly at age 28 currently.

If Hammers find a way to shit the bed, Kouyate is still a very tasty transfer target.

4 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Rumours today about Chelsea eyeing Ox and Alexis. I would like Ox here for a good price and wages. Alexis is good, but he's also a small guy who will be slowing down quickly at age 28 currently.

If Hammers find a way to shit the bed, Kouyate is still a very tasty transfer target.

We already have Willian who is like chamberlain. The only advantages chamberlain has over Willian is age, homegrown and two footed. 

Let's use our squad or Academy for squad players but when we want to buy, buy guaranteed starters and quality (This is how Madrid do it, world-class starting 11 and squad players like vasques, nacho, asensio on the bench who come on for injured players). 

I thought the Ox was going to be on Hazard's current level when he first came onto the scene. And I think he would have been, if he'd gone somewhere else (United specifically.) He isn't arrogant enough, unlike Walcott. 

• 2 weeks later...

Would make an interesting squad player here but does he have end product? This has been a big concern about him for years, he broke into Arsenal team scored like 7 goals but hasn't really improved or done more than that. Would be concerned about his fitness too

• 2 months later...

Wants to leave Arsenal in the summer according to Sky Sources. Considering he would count as a homegrown player it would be a great addition to the squad IMO.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10795181/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-wants-to-leave-arsenal-in-the-summer

Wants to leave Arsenal in the summer according to Sky Sources. Considering he would count as a homegrown player it would be a great addition to the squad IMO.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10795181/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-wants-to-leave-arsenal-in-the-summer

Agreed. I really like him as a player. Versatile, but I think CM is his best position.

You can tell he's been getting so frustrated with the team. There's been a few games he has been working so hard near the end and nobody else is trying to press and win the ball. Can't blame him for wanting to leave. Mentality.

On 3/8/2017 at 9:39 PM, The Skipper said:

Does anyone think he could do a good job at RWB here?

I don't think he'd excel at that role, RWB, tbh. (Quick Quesion though: Do you think Willian would accept RWB at times next season provided we sign a Bernardo Silva/Sanchez type in the summer?)
 If you've watched him lately, it's clear he has a brighter future as a CM than on the RW, imo.

If I was AOC, I would probablygo to Liverpool. If he goes to Liverpool, and demands he plays primarily as a CM. he'd be a fantastic CM option to play with Wijnaldum/Lallana, and his skill set would complement either player he'd be paired with. Not only do Liverpool need bodies upon bodies for next year's campaign, but they need Versatile options as well. And AOC would be a dynamic CM-winger option. 

At City, Pep might see a fantastic project in developing AOC, and even if AOC finds himself playing primarily as a winger rotating with Sterling/Raheem, ( I assume Navas/Nolito are out the door in the summer) we've seen the work Guardiola does in getting his wingers in superior positions in the final third, creating the platform for them to do serious damage in creating many 1v1 situations for his wingers. He might not get to play his preferred position, but he'd be learning under a vastly superior manager who'll most likely get the most out him.  

General side-note, I really don't think AOC is using this toxic situation (at Arsenal) simply to demand more $$. If you've read the reports, they state that Arsenal have made no effort to begin negotiations At ALL! and I think that, more than anything is what's fueling his now public desire to force a move away in the summer. Don't get me wrong, AOC has his faults.. like his ghostly performances, previous injury record, tendency to over complicate play and lose the ball at the absolute worst of times (see Bayern's 5th goal in Munich, and even Monaco's 3rd goal at the Emirates in 2014, just to name a few.) But the potential is clearly there, and AOC appears to be a determined lad, who wants "more" from his career and knows that staying at Arsenal won't provide that. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(Tangent Incoming)

You guys don't know how much I'm hoping for total capitulation to strike Arsenal in the summer.
Imagine a summer where Ozil, Sanchez, and AOC ALL leave the club, irregardless of whether Wenger stays or goes, there's no way, no way, Arsenal are going to properly replace all 3 players. Ozil loves Wenger, so if Wenger stays I can see Ozil at least staying... but if All 3 players left AND Arsene Wenger stays... Scenes. Watch Arsenal go through "that phase" circa Liverpool 2009/10. So much is at stake in the summer.

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Interesting idea. I had never even thought about it. Another reason why he could be a good addition. So hard to imagine Arsenal risking the fan backlash that would follow if he was sold to us however.

@Blue-in-me-Veins I think Oxlade's greatest strength lies in his 1 v 1 dribbling ability. He uses his pace, power and good ball control well to evade challenges. Not too much unlike Victor Moses. My thoughts behind him possibly being an option an option at RWB doesn't just restrict him playing there. Of course he'd be an option at CM and RW as well. Particularly at CM as well as you mentioned. IMO he'd essentially be a rich man's Moses on the RWB if he could learn the role defensively well. Oxlade would utilise the space given to our WBs a lot better than Moses would. 

I think he has the tools for the role anyway.

On Willian, always thought he could possibly do a job at RWB but I'd let him go if it meant signing Ox.  

5 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I doubt ... feel he more suited centrally. This season whenever he played through the middle he was a threat but when he gets pushed wide he seems average. He has the tools needed to be a wide player but seems he more comfortable through the middle. Having said that, maybe a better manager can convince him and get the best out of him in a wide role. 

• 1 month later...

I ended up catching the game and brilliant stamina shown today. Some of the runs he made at the end of the game were incredible. Starting to warm up more to him as a wingback, it's where he played today.

I think his decision making is excellent and his final ball/passes in the final third are good too. Needs to work on his finishing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

I ended up catching the game and brilliant stamina shown today. Some of the runs he made at the end of the game were incredible. Starting to warm up more to him as a wingback, it's where he played today.

I think his decision making is excellent and his final ball/passes in the final third are good too. Needs to work on his finishing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect for the RWB spot eh?

1 minute ago, Miguelito said:

Definitely starting to think he'd be brilliant there. Still wonder if he would want to be in that position long-term though

He an be very good there but yeah I highly doubt he would want to play there regularly. A lot of rumour has it that he is on his way to Liverpool in summer.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You