Abou Diaby

Released by Arsenal today. If we can get him on a realistic salary, one that reflects his history as well as the fact that insuring him will cost an absolute fortune, would anyone be interested? I certainly love this bloke's talent and I know we were interested before he joined Arsenal. If we get him I'll be happy, if we actually get some minutes out of him, I'll be delighted.

On the other side of the coin, Arsenal would obviously have thought about a pay-per-game deal and since they haven't gone for it, that has to be a big, big warning sign. (As if any team considering buying this lad needs any more warnings!)

You know what's a shame?

You could, arguably, put Diaby in that category of players who would've been outstanding if it wasn't for injuries. You know, the Ledley Kings of this world? Now King is in a league of his own and it's debatable if an injury-free Diaby would've been as good. He showed signs early on in his Arsenal career, but it's simply too late for a big club to take such a punt.

In 9 years, Diaby's had over 40 injuries. It's tragic and a great waste of talent, but we have to be practical in these times..

There is an argument there however regarding arsenal's injury record in general, not just diaby (as bad and extreme as his has been). Would be interesting to see if anybody taking a punt on him gets him in a fitter state than arsenal could.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You