Bernardo Silva

9 minutes ago, DYC. said:

I wouldn't want him getting subbed in 30 sec before full time anyway.

You think Conte would that to every striker that he has on bench. He appreciates mobile strikers with ball skills. That's why Batsuhayi is not getting time and I don't think we'll sign Lukaku. Mbappe on the other hand is the type of attacker he very much likes.

17 minutes ago, Styles said:

Silva has 9 goals this season according to Wiki. Around 15 is doable and that would be a nice return.

Do you think Conte will always use 3-4-3? I'd hate to think we'd limit ourselves to one formation only for the duration of his stay here. We'll need tactical flexibility a lot more next season (especially in Europe).

The more talent we have (especially in attacking areas) the better.

Agreed with Mbappe but you know football works. He'll be gone in a year max.

He scored 9 in 14/15, 7 last season and 8 in the current season for Monaco (1 for Portugal for 9 in total). I've seen him in action more than a couple times and this guy is not a scorer. Don't see him producing Hazard kinds of numbers (consistently).

I don't know. Maybe 4-3-3 next season when he'll be more comfortable to switch it up from time to time. Though I wonder about the CB duo in a 4-man defence. And Azpilicueta and Alonso as fullbacks.

True but you don't want to end up with too much of the same. You create that and you end up complaining about that later.

That would be a shame and a big problem in today's football. It's best for him develop in his own environment with less pressure rather than to chase moolah at this age.

8 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

You think Conte would that to every striker that he has on bench. He appreciates mobile strikers with ball skills. That's why Batsuhayi is not getting time and I don't think we'll sign Lukaku. Mbappe on the other hand is the type of attacker he very much likes.

Everyone likes a forward likeMbappe.

I was only half-joking. For me a player like Mbappe should be playing every week. Don't see that happening at Chelsea or any other major club.

2 minutes ago, DYC. said:

He scored 9 in 14/15, 7 last season and 8 in the current season for Monaco (1 for Portugal for 9 in total). I've seen him in action more than a couple times and this guy is not a scorer. Don't see him producing Hazard kinds of numbers.

I don't know. Maybe 4-3-3 next season when he'll be more comfortable to switch it up from time to time. Though I wonder about the CB duo in a 4-man defence. And Azpilicueta and Alonso as fullbacks.

True but you don't want to end up with too much of the same. You create that and you end up complaining about that later.

That would be a shame and a big problem in today's football. It's best for him develop in his own environment with less pressure rather than to chase moolah at this age.

I don't see it that way. Why not capitalise on your success early? He could lose form badly or suffer a serous injury at any point. He's only 18 but footballers have short careers.

The kid is clearly talented enough and will only get better. And if things don't work out at a top club he will have 4/5 years of a great contract behind him (financial freedom early) and several decent clubs looking to sign him based on potential alone.

1 minute ago, Styles said:

I don't see it that way. Why not capitalise on your success early? He could lose form badly or suffer a serous injury at any point. He's only 18 but footballers have short careers.

The kid is clearly talented enough and will only get better. And if things don't work out at a top club he will have 4/5 years of a great contract behind him (financial freedom early) and several decent clubs looking to sign him based on potential alone.

That's not the right mindset imo. You play football assuming you'll be fit. You don't forget you could get injured but that's not what you expect to happen. At 18 (!) you have plenty of time.

Players who experienced a steady journey to the top tend be more succesful than players who move to top sides at a young age. Few with a big move at a young age and little experience end up like Cristiano Ronaldo. It's more than just playing football elsewhere. You're life changes completely.

Just now, DYC. said:

Everyone likes a forward likeMbappe.

I was only half-joking. For me a player like Mbappe should be playing every week. Don't see that happening at Chelsea or any other major club.

He could be used in Pedro's position too like a second forward. If he also has the character, I definitely see Conte using and improving him.

8 minutes ago, DYC. said:

That's not the right mindset imo. You play football assuming you'll be fit. You don't forget you could get injured but that's not what you expect to happen. At 18 (!) you have plenty of time.

Players who experienced a steady journey to the top tend be more succesful than players who move to top sides at a young age. Few with a big move at a young age and little experience end up like Cristiano Ronaldo. It's more than just playing football elsewhere. You're life changes completely.

I'm all about the papes, brah I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-mone

Mbappe is talented enough he an have both the money and the platform at a big club. Dream big!

Just now, Styles said:

I'm all about the papes, brah I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-mone

Mbappe is talented enough he an have both the money and the platform at a big club. Dream big!

He's not playing for a Footlocker salary.

He can make stupid money at 21. Like Hazard. Like Benzema before Hazard.

9 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

He could be used in Pedro's position too like a second forward. If he also has the character, I definitely see Conte using and improving him.

If he can make serious minutes, like 20+ starts, sure. If it's not at Chelsea, I hope he stays at Monaco.

7 minutes ago, Styles said:

Would you have advised Dembele to stay at Rennes?

No, not necessarily. Monaco provides a much environment than Rennes. EDIT: Move to Dortmund made sense.

Another player I want at Chelsea. Dembele and Demebele at Chelsea, pff. They actually play as regulars in the scenario in my head though.

2 hours ago, Styles said:

SIGN HIM UP!

What an amazing player.

Mbappe too. Shit, we should sign 5 or 6 of this Monaco team.

Never going to happen, it has been reported that UTD have the first right of refusal as a part of the Martial deal.

Brilliant player, but where was he when Monaco didnt have the ball? Conte and Eden and Silva in same team? You must be having a laugh. 

Then we only need Verratti to complete the smallest side ever.

(Then I regret writing this post in summer when we actualy sign the boy)

2 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

I've watched about 10 Monaco matches and Mbappe is the one I want the most. He makes runs off the ball like costa, is energetic, but still wins balls in the air, takes shots from outside the box, has fantastic ball control under pressure, has good link up play, 11 goals in his last 11 games, so he's no slouch in finishing. And most importantly, his dribbling style reminds me of Thierry Henry. He's the guy we need from Monaco.

He'll be one of the best strikers of his generation, Anyone can bookmark me on this.

17 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Brilliant player, but where was he when Monaco didnt have the ball? Conte and Eden and Silva in same team? You must be having a laugh. 

Then we only need Verratti to complete the smallest side ever.

(Then I regret writing this post in summer when we actualy sign the boy)

As you should. I dont give a damn about his height, he is not a defender, and its about time we have someone on the RW that makes the opponents shit their pants, he doesnt score alot, true, but he influences the game so much, that im certain that he would improve everyone around him. Its about time we relieve the burden on Hazard a Little bit, and i dont think we will have a player as good as him and available so Soon. We need to grab this opportunity now. Also, his work rate os terrific, dont judge It based on one game.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You