Michael Essien

LDN Blue

doh.gif

thanks anyway :)

How is that a facepalm? He could have hadt three years on his current contract then signed a two year extention keepin him here untill 2015.

Anyway, Maybe we should have sold him to Milan for £18m. Hindsight is an ugly bitch.

How is that a facepalm? He could have hadt three years on his current contract then signed a two year extention keepin him here untill 2015.

Anyway, Maybe we should have sold him to Milan for £18m. Hindsight is an ugly bitch.

Because i kinda wanted his contract to expire soon.

And about selling him, yes we should have... too late now lol.

The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has expressed its sadness over the injury suffered by Michael Essien.

The Chelsea and Ghana midfielder was training in England this week when he sustained the right knee injury.

Further tests will reveal the severity of the injury.

"The GFA and Ghanaians express their sympathy to Michael Essien in this difficult time and remain hopeful that, further tests would not rule him out for long," a GFA statement read.

"We stand by him and wish him a full and speedy recovery.

"The GFA is going to follow his progress closely to have news of his recovery."

The 28-year-old was ruled out for more than six months in 2008 when he sustained cruciate ligament damage.

Essien also missed the 2010 World Cup because of a knee problem, and the midfielder's latest setback is a blow to new Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas, who is preparing his squad for their trip to the Far East, where they will compete in the Asia Cup.

Essien joined the Blues from French club Lyon in 2005 in a £24.4m deal and has gone to to establish himself as a key player at Stamford Bridge.

He has helped Chelsea to two Premier League titles and three FA Cups, as well as the Carling Cup in 2007.

Despite being ruled out for the majority of the 2008-09 campaign, Essien has amassed 229 appearances for the London side, scoring 26 goals.

While the club have not elaborated on the severity of the problem, Essien will be mindful of what happened to him while playing for Ghana in a World Cup qualifier against Libya three years ago.

On that occasion he landed awkwardly during the match and was subsequently told he faced a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Source: BBC Sports

Published: 9th July

I am one of those people BTW , and i think Lamps is still one of the best ACM around too .

They had shitty season because of the shitty management of "King Carlo" , you can't judge players during the worst spell of the team in recent history.

I think Lampard and Essien Deserves to get a chance to begin this season as starters , they both apart from last year were our most consistent players over the last 6 years ! Essien came back from many long term injuries and returned to his former-self ,

And Lamps is absolutely one of the most consistent players on earth.

Lampard and Essien will both start next season in our starting XI , It's up to them whether to end the season in the same place or on the bench .

THIS

Said the same thing thousand times.

... you can't judge players during the worst spell of the team in recent history....

I was on the same boat before his injury and I'm on the same now. Essien at his best was so good that he deserved another shot this season, no matter how bad 10/11 was.

A lot will depend on when he returns for his new injury and what he'll show us once he's back, I'm not optimistic.

Essien injury paves way for Scott

Parker, 30, is available for a cut-price fee of around £5m with West Ham keen to get his £80,000-a-week wages off their books.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2011/07/10/essien-injury-paves-way-for-scott-parker-shock-return-102039-23259965/

Essien injury paves way for Scott

Parker, 30, is available for a cut-price fee of around £5m with West Ham keen to get his £80,000-a-week wages off their books.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2011/07/10/essien-injury-paves-way-for-scott-parker-shock-return-102039-23259965/

I really doubt it, he wan't Chelsea material before and he isn't now.