Michael Essien

LDN Blue

He was allright when he made his first comeback from a knee injury under Hiddink. Scored on his return at Juve and had a good run then on but his 2nd injury robbed him of being a big part in the Ancelotti era. Never got back to his old self after that

At the same time that video gave me the chills and made me sad.

Same here, especially seeing the likes of Balli, Drogs and Maka along with Essien and even Lampard (even though the latter hasn't left, I still miss him). The thing I love the most about his goal against Arsenal, besides the ball hitting the net, is that he ran celebrating when the ball was still halfway there.

Best of luck Mike. Simply the best midfielder in the world at his best and a great servant to the club. Unfortunately one of the unluckiest players I've come across.

One of three players i've ever had on the back of a shit as a child. In his prime going forward he truly was a train. Best of luck Essien.

What?! :blink:

Best of luck Mike. Simply the best midfielder in the world at his best and a great servant to the club. Unfortunately one of the unluckiest players I've come across.

What?! :blink:

Hahahah :D

obviously someone was hungry and ate that R :eyebrows: OMNOMNOMNOM :lol:

Sad.

Thanks for everything.

But he really has no chance here but ocasionally coming on as a substitute, hopefully he'll get playing time in Milan. Was ok last year at Real Madrid, I even remember their fans wanting the team to buy it. So he probably has something in him yet and even if it's not enough for one of the leading PL club he still may get some decent matches for Milan. Good luck!

It's an odd goodbye because he's been a shell of himself for longer than he was actually himself.He really only had 3 fantastic years with Chelsea and 5 years of frustration, injury, and mediocrity. For those three years, he was some player though!

It's an odd goodbye because he's been a shell of himself for longer than he was actually himself.He really only had 3 fantastic years with Chelsea and 5 years of frustration, injury, and mediocrity. For those three years, he was some player though!

Yeah, feels like we've said goodbye to him some time ago..

Thanks for everything, Bison. That move just suits my emotional meltdown with another player who's done so much for us in the past leaving. I can't believe he's faded so young even before entering his thirties, but that's what injuries can do to a player sometimes. I'll always remember some of his cracking goals. Good luck wrapping up your career, mate.

Thank you for everything Essien.One of my favourite players.On of the best in his position,always gives his best on the pitch,but unfortunatelly his injuries stopped him,Amazing player who will never be forgotten in Chelsea.Thank you for everything,Bison.