Michael Essien

LDN Blue

This obviously should be his last season at the club. He has been a major part of this club and deserves respect for his contributions.I'd like to see more of him as I believe a consistent run of games will give him the confidence and also allow the other pivot players in the squad the must needed rest in this long hectic season.

Also,when we play weaker oppositions,Essien should be picked over Mikel as Michael offers more when asked to attack.

Also,when we play weaker oppositions,Essien should be picked over Mikel as Michael offers more when asked to attack.

Not when he's playing with Ramires or Lamps in the pivot. Yesterday, we were lucky to hold on to our lead and I felt Lamps or Mikel would've done a better job than Essien.

I'll only bring him on next time we're 3-0 up and after 70'. Not even a shadow of a player he used to be.

Translate to english?

Crucial ligament damage is 1 of the worst injuries for a player to come back and to have 2 he would never get back to his level,I think if he just sits in front of the back 4 he could do a job.ie like Makele used to do.

Not when he's playing with Ramires or Lamps in the pivot. Yesterday, we were lucky to hold on to our lead and I felt Lamps or Mikel would've done a better job than Essien.

I'll only bring him on next time we're 3-0 up and after 70'. Not even a shadow of a player he used to be.

sad but true but in the 3 0 up scenario IF we ever got there would rather Ake got the time

sad but true but in the 3 0 up scenario IF we ever got there would rather Ake got the time

Yes. But I don't see that happening this season.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

93% pass completion rate and offered much more than Mikel ever does and it can be taken for granted that his passing will have been more penetrating and quicker than Mikel and he reads the game much better ,better tackler ,more stamina and much tougher competitor ,he should be our back up to the established Rammy/Lampard pairing now . He may not be the player he was but is still our best back up by a long way .

Jose has given up on Mikel now and sent him shopping yesterday,he cant complain after his efforts? against Stoke and Steau and the exit door surely looms.

93% pass completion rate and offered much more than Mikel ever does and it can be taken for granted that his passing will have been more penetrating and quicker than Mikel and he reads the game much better ,better tackler ,more stamina and much tougher competitor ,he should be our back up to the established Rammy/Lampard pairing now . He may not be the player he was but is still our best back up by a long way .

Jose has given up on Mikel now and sent him shopping yesterday,he cant complain after his efforts? against Stoke and Steau and the exit door surely looms.

You said that a couple months ago then he ended back up in the team and I am sure he will play again soon. In fact I will not be surprised to see him start against Arsenal ;)

His not going to make the bench anyway what wrong with defensive midfielder and defense line back passing now a culture no dynamism on any single one "Mille" pass me the ball I will pass back game making hate him too but now they all do it.

Put aside that he was probably the main culprit for both goals conceded, I just have one question:

How in the world has he picked up 5 YC this season? I didn't even know he's made 5 appearances!

When he got his yellow card that meant he was suspended for the Arsenal game he seemed really annoyed as if he was going to play some sort of part in it...warming the bench isn't playing a part Essi.

He won't get the best seats at the game, that's why he was mad.