Michael Essien

LDN Blue

I know lampard and ramires have formed some chemistry between them, but i wish Essien can play beside ramires, just to see what they can do together.

following Newcastle's match we'll have a run with more than manageable teams. Essien isn't selected for CL squad, and the next League Cup game is only mid-december.

I do hope Mourinho will give him a chance or two to play in those more accessible games in EPL

He deserves it and with van Ginkel out of the season and Rami and Lamps being overplayed, it's good to try to keep The Bison fit in case either of them pick a small injury. I know we have Mikel, but what I mean is supposing Rami or Lamps are out for injury, then the other plays alongside Mikel, we need a good backup in case both get booked early in the match or even if they don't have a good day at the office

Thought he did OK yesterday. Handled the midfield well but then was a bit sloppy with his passes and at times, took a tad too long to pass the ball and ended up killing the attacks we had especially on the break.

And I was thinking, if only we had Essien at his absolute best, without all those injuries hampering him, and Ramires right now. That would be absolutely crazy and great for us..

It's also pretty much his first game of the season, I think we should be able to expect that.

Essein needs to do the type of Training that Nando has been doing, both have suffered knee injuries in the past, but Torres has spent a long time now working on his pace, acceleration and explosiveness and you could see at the back end of last season that Torres was getting his pace back, that is what Essien needs to do, also he should lose a few pounds as well, which is another thing that Torres has done and has benefited him.

How the F does Essien play so many games for Madrid and none for Chelsea???

Madrid cms>Chelsea... This is the only thing I don't understand Mourinho wise this season.

Unless, he purposely try to sabotage Madrid...

How the F does Essien play so many games for Madrid and none for Chelsea???

Madrid cms>Chelsea... This is the only thing I don't understand Mourinho wise this season.

Unless, he purposely try to sabotage Madrid...

Essien played LB or RB at Madrid he only played 1 or 2 games at CM

I don't know where the "200th" appearance malarky has appeared from... last night was his 249th appearance and his 220th start...

snap...I heard it on from the commentators fuck them <_< Still it's a pleasure to watch Bison Essien suit up for the Blues...So damn Strong & he showed it yesterday again!!!

following Newcastle's match we'll have a run with more than manageable teams. Essien isn't selected for CL squad, and the next League Cup game is only mid-december.

I do hope Mourinho will give him a chance or two to play in those more accessible games in EPL

He deserves it and with van Ginkel out of the season and Rami and Lamps being overplayed, it's good to try to keep The Bison fit in case either of them pick a small injury. I know we have Mikel, but what I mean is supposing Rami or Lamps are out for injury, then the other plays alongside Mikel, we need a good backup in case both get booked early in the match or even if they don't have a good day at the office

He'll be forced to play both essien and kdb, especially reaching the crucial last 3 games of the group champs league. But i want mou to consider an essien and ramires pairing.

He'll be forced to play both essien and kdb, especially reaching the crucial last 3 games of the group champs league. But i want mou to consider an essien and ramires pairing.

He was very decent for Madrid last season. Of course wasn't the player from before his injuries, but he was good. I think he could play a few matches for us alongside Rami, I just want him to play more than the domestic cups. He's good enough to have more games than that when we face less threatening oppositions.

Of course the same applies to Kev, although their cases are polar opposite. But I would welcome Kev playing a few matches in November as well. It's not like he's a horrible player that will be a liability for us. Far from it, he's good, maybe other AMs are in better shape than him, but he doesn't compromise at all and with time and matches he could turn it around and actually be at the same level as the others. He doesn't need to be better, just equally good and effective. It'll also lead to some of the pressure he has to perform well right now to dissipate.

Thought he was OK but that's just sort of who he is now. He's a decent player but doesn't really offer anything going forward and isn't really a defensive midfielder either. He's a perfect squad player as he's a capable fill-in at a number of positions which we will likely need when injuries inevitably strike.

It's also pretty much his first game of the season, I think we should be able to expect that.

Was his second actually. Also played against Swindon but yeah, understand the point. Just that some were simple passes to be executed but was kinda messed up.

I think Mourinho knows that the chance of him getting injured obviously increases if he were to play more. He literally has to be wrapped in cotton wool. That's why there is no real point in trying to put him in the first team; he may get a decent run and form some chemistry with, say, Ramires but he just couldn't last the season.

That said, what a rotation player to have. He knows his role and he accepts it. He's another experienced head and it seems he still has a small bit of the old Essien in him. Glad to have him back.

He is the type of player we need for games like Newcastle and it should be at the expense of Mata or Oscar.Power and drive is the recipe you need for conditions like that. Lets be honest that was not a Chelsea performance it was one we associate with Arsenal weak and soft. Champions win battles like that in terrible conditions that are not made for pretty football.

I think a poster mention earlier, but I really do think Essien has a problem outside of Chelsea FC, which is why hes not getting any run at all....

Or because he's not really that good anymore. He's 4th choice at CM as he should.

• 2 weeks later...