Michael Essien

LDN Blue

Will we be able to add him to the Champions League squad now?

I don't think so. I think we'll have to wait till after the group stages to update the squads.

Anyway, I thought Essien was very bad in the first half but he got a lot better in the second half. Need to see him in a few more games to really judge, but it looks like he will play a role in our season with MVG out.

I don't think so. I think we'll have to wait till after the group stages to update the squads.

Anyway, I thought Essien was very bad in the first half but he got a lot better in the second half. Need to see him in a few more games to really judge, but it looks like he will play a role in our season with MVG out.

Thanks for the info. Have we used Ramires and Essien in the pivot this season yet? That could be a decent pivot if Essien sits a bit deeper and allows Ramires to do the running.

Thanks for the info. Have we used Ramires and Essien in the pivot this season yet? That could be a decent pivot if Essien sits a bit deeper and allows Ramires to do the running.

I think we're bound to see that at some stage this season. It's a long season and people will inevitably pick up knocks.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it was only Swindon but his attitude looked very good in the same game that Jose thought KDB's attitude was wrong .

Only see him as a stand by though to be honest ,but his experience could be invaluable at times . On the bench so Jose clearly sees him as having something and one he can trust to do a job.

Looks like this will be the last season for the bison , the injuries look to taken their toll . Probly Franks last also so i hope the Cfc board have got a world class cm as their priority come 2014!

Think his 5 year deal runs out in summer 2015.

• 2 weeks later...