Michael Essien

LDN Blue

The only thing left Essien can do is play the simple passes and get his muscular frame between ball and opponent at times. He might still be a shomewhat useful squad option with his vast experience and professionalism but that's it. He will not give the main points any time again footballing times. I strongly contest that he has not been the player he once was since 2007-2008. IMO he was great in 2009 and after his injury in September of that year he came back in the 2010-2011 season in beast mode. Sadly the subsequent injury completely killed his career. Since than he really should have no future hear anywhere near the startin 11. HIs asset always were the physical ones. His drive, his stamina, his pace...all those are gone. The desperate reaction of some members to try making themselves believe he can be the Bison again is just testament to the lack of genuine quality we got in the DM department.

He looks decent and can hopefully be a very good squad player. But he is in no way near what he once was. He's not as strong, not as fast, and most of all he's no where as dynamic as he used to be. Still, hopefully he can stay away from injury and do a decent job for us at several positions.

He looks decent and can hopefully be a very good squad player. But he is in no way near what he once was. He's not as strong, not as fast, and most of all he's no where as dynamic as he used to be. Still, hopefully he can stay away from injury and do a decent job for us at several positions.

Nice to know we have the option of shutting down the game, when needed, with him and Mikel partnering in midfield.

Essien is a very good option to have, Mourinho likes him and he used him in many ways at Madrid.

It's also good to have some of the old guard back and bringing the experience and personallity, Essien has always been a great profesional, good to see him back.

I don't know u but I think I like u and I miss u I this forum and also Capri

Essien is a very good option to have, Mourinho likes him and he used him in many ways at Madrid.

It's also good to have some of the old guard back and bringing the experience and personallity, Essien has always been a great profesional, good to see him back.

Wtf?! You!!

I have a good feeling about him this season, he realy looks very good, maybe better than some DM we might thought we should get.

I think Essien-Mvg is a good option, because Essien knows how to make those key passes we lack of, from defense to attack. He's so quiet on the ball, so confident, but still gets his work done in defense, if he'll continue to play like that he might be very important for us i think.

Edited by nadavTKL

what a player he was I loved him so much from 2007 onwards I thought he was the very best midfielder in whole europe till 2008 and I wasn't the only one thinking this of him... absolutely a beast in that midfield my fav player after Drogs... I adore him so much... I would start to cry me thinks if he comes back as strong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzAjB2CHL-Y

• 3 weeks later...