Michael Essien

LDN Blue

Oh yes, because when he moves like a giraffe trapped in quicksand, can't tackle for shit (unless he barges in two footed and gets lucky not to be sent off), slows down the play every time he gets the ball and does stupid mistakes that lead to things like penalties (Man City is a painful reminder) it makes me want to just smile at him and appreciate the 2 seasons where he actually was fit for all of it and was above par for us, especially when he gets a place back in the team to do all the above again because his "daddy" (one of the most sappy and vomit inducing things imaginable) doesn't want to say no to him.

You do love in the last month or so going through every post I make to try and vilify me about how much of my opinions are not "worthwhile observation", which to m comes across as you not being able to stand that I still post here.

He's not gonna get a place back in our team. He only played in Madrid cause half the players were against Jose and/or injuries to particular players.

Your basically saying that regardless of our other midfielders, just because Essien shares a good relationship with Mourinho, he'll be in our starting team next season. And that makes no sense whatsoever.

He's not gonna get a place back in our team. He only played in Madrid cause half the players were against Jose and/or injuries to particular players.

Your basically saying that regardless of our other midfielders, just because Essien shares a good relationship with Mourinho, he'll be in our starting team next season. And that makes no sense whatsoever.

Mourinho will want to have all the established players who were managed under him and publicly support him all the time (like Essien and others such as Lampard, Cech ect) in the dressing room so he has some sort of power base that lets him keep control of the dressing room. So expect Essien to play a good amount for us (too much I fear).

• 3 weeks later...

So now that his daddy is in charge, the Bison will probably get a role as a squad player for the double pivot or RB if both Azpi and Bane are unavailable for some match. Who knows he could surprise us and there out of the blue we see Bison of old.

• 3 weeks later...

Why hasnt anyone bumped this mans thread after his performance???

Anyway, he was the only piviot player who impressed me today. Took charge and delivered the ball well. Ramires was standard Ramires, runs all day and contribiute both offensivly and defensivly but his lack of passing skills and ball control just slows everything down. Van Ginkel made a really good debut but he got to show more in the future and take more control of the midfield.

I feel a little bit dissapointed that Mourinho just said that Rooney will be our only target for the reminder of the window. I was really hoping for De Rossi. A player like him in our squad might be what differs the squad from a title contending squad and a title winning squad.

So now that his daddy is in charge, the Bison will probably get a role as a squad player for the double pivot or RB if both Azpi and Bane are unavailable for some match. Who knows he could surprise us and there out of the blue we see Bison of old.

I would rather see Wallace than Essien at rb

Essien, injured, loaned, too old that´s all I read here. Meanwhile, the guy played just like a young pup yesterday.

Essien will be an adequate player for Chelsea, in my opinion. This tank & his gameness in attacks is much needed in the middle.

So many times, we had seen Chelsea´s boys, especially the samba boys being bounced off the ball, last season. No one will knock Essien off the ball & I like that. Thank God Jose likes him & will play him as needed.

Perhaps, some might disagree with me, but I am inclined to believe Chelsea needs some fearlessness on the team. Essien commands respect. When this tank attacks, most players are scared of him & know Mr. tank is coming at me. I like that.