Michael Essien

LDN Blue

Another fantastic performance today, game changed for Madrid when he came on.

The game changed because Dortmund changed tactics in the second half and decided to sit deep.

I'm really not getting all the fuss about Essien's performances with Madrid I just don't see it. Today I didn't think he was good, lost the ball way too often for my liking.

I'll admit, he's doing better than I thought he would, but I still reckon he wouldn't get a look in if he were still here.

• 3 weeks later...

Does this mean once he's fit he is staying with us or is he going straight back to Madrid?

"However, the Liga side are optimistic that his latest problem can be quickly resolved and he can return to Madrid in the New Year."

Essien returns to Chelsea as injury cuts Madrid jaunt short

http://www.goal.com/...1/30/3567797/-?

Lmao at goal.com :doh:

Title: Essien returns to Chelsea as injury cuts Madrid jaunt short

Article: "Essien is not injured but is suffering from an allergic reaction to a drug," stated Karanka at a press conference.

Just seen some old vids of him, what a beast he was, he could do anything, score from any range and ankle, with either foot or head, run 10 miles each game at full steam with or without ball. Celebrating his goal against ottenham in 2008, Mikel and Kalou jumped on either shoulder in celebration and the bison simply walked on as if he had not even noticed that he carried about 160kg on his shoulders.

Yeah, maybe that Darren Campbell guy can make him regain his pace so he will still be more useful.

------------------Cech--------------

Ferreira--Carvalho-Terry--Cole

-------------Makelele------------

-------Essien--------Lampard--

Cole------------------------Robben

--------------Drogba-------------

best team we ever had together, even though they never had their best career form at the same time (which is why the 2009/10 team comes close, the players were not as classy but all were in great form). How deep we have fallen from a side that had power, pace, strength, skill and vigour to the bunch of weakish kids without guts and fighting spirit we call our team nowadays....well at least not as deep as Liverpool or Le Arse.