Michael Essien

LDN Blue

Madrid have an option to buy. 2 gripes i have with this.

1. Its lose-lose for us, if Mourinho finds a way to reproduce the old Essien, he will buy him.

2. Why on earth didn't we do a swap loan between Sahin and Essien? If not back to square one still.

Strange thing was... i was thinking the other night, Essien might not be finished at all.

Lets go back to Carlo's 2nd season right, Essien got injured he came back and he was just awful... pure awful, he was good before then, but suddenly changed sort of like Malouda did too. Then we where waiting on Essien to get a nice rest and get back to his old self... and what happened?. He got sidelined for 6 fucking months, came back and he was good for about a month then started showing signs that he's just not good enough anymore it all started against Napoli in the 4-1 victory. Then after that i've never seen him as bad as he was there, he was just awful.

Then i say he's finished, but what i didn't realize is, Essien still hasn't had that rest, or any time at all to get himself back together, it's a possibility that Essien could still end up as the quality player he was about 3 seasons ago when we last won the title. Do you think it could happen?, and i totally agree with what you said it's a lose lose move i really do not understand the logic, and lets face it Mourinho is clever as fuck, he's probably done the right thing and got himself an absolute steal from us on this one.

it's a possibility that Essien could still end up as the quality player he was about 3 seasons ago when we last won the title. Do you think it could happen?

I hate to type this, but Bison Essien has lost a step. Hey dude went through 3 major knee injuries, so I will give him that. When he was on top of his game, he was Da Bison, the Strongest Dude in the middle of the park!!! Also, dude could control the rock & make pin-point passes. Example that one pass Bison hit to DD vs manure in the UCL @ old crapfort a couple of seasons back. That was a deadly ball & only DD could touch it & put the rock past VDS. Hell the goal of the year that season was from a Bison pass that opened up the Man Shitty Defense. Dude has talent, but not the speed required to be effective.

I hate to type this, but Bison Essien has lost a step. Hey dude went through 3 major knee injuries, so I will give him that. When he was on top of his game, he was Da Bison, the Strongest Dude in the middle of the park!!! Also, dude could control the rock & make pin-point passes. Example that one pass Bison hit to DD vs manure in the UCL @ old crapfort a couple of seasons back. That was a deadly ball & only DD could touch it & put the rock past VDS. Hell the goal of the year that season was from a Bison pass that opened up the Man Shitty Defense. Dude has talent, but not the speed required to be effective.

I remember that pass, one of the greatest sets of vision I've ever seen, he managed to pick out Evra's mistake and find Didier, because it was Evra just keeping him onside. His pace is what's actually killed him and his stamina, but that ability might not be lost, he still hasn't had a rest or had time to get himself together. Now he has, you never know, he looked awesome in pre season, maybe he is back.

Tiote sometimes reminds me of Essien back in the day, but Tiote is no where near as good, they are like box to box midfielders, they're about everywhere, but Essien was much more than just that, he could pass a ball and had underrated vision. Also we all know he can pull of a brilliant shot, a legend to this club for me and always will be, sad to see him go and i wish him all the best if he does end up going.

He always will be my favorite player to ever wear the Chelsea shirt.

I remember that pass, one of the greatest sets of vision I've ever seen, he managed to pick out Evra's mistake and find Didier, because it was Evra just keeping him onside. His pace is what's actually killed him and his stamina, but that ability might not be lost, he still hasn't had a rest or had time to get himself together. Now he has, you never know, he looked awesome in pre season, maybe he is back.

Tiote sometimes reminds me of Essien back in the day, but Tiote is no where near as good, they are like box to box midfielders, they're about everywhere, but Essien was much more than just that, he could pass a ball and had underrated vision. Also we all know he can pull of a brilliant shot, a legend to this club for me and always will be, sad to see him go and i wish him all the best if he does end up going.

He always will be my favorite player to ever wear the Chelsea shirt.

Essien has to have been one of the most complete footballers ever. He could tackle, shoot and was amazing at passing, on top of this he never stopped running, the guy had a bigger engine than a tractor. Hopefully he can return to near his best and come back to us. If he doesn't and decides to stay with his 'daddy' (I'm excusing the creepiness of this due to the respect i have for the guy) i wish him all the best and will remember the memories he has given.

Great job by the linesman by the way, that was a great call. Just a shame they scored a minute later and killed the tie. The next season was history :D

That was the real Essien in that clip but it's what he can still do. His problem is his speed, reactions, turning etc. Nice to see him shrug off Rooney though. I hope this move puts Ramires back in that central area.

I have to apologize to my Blue Mates here. I spoke of a goal, but didn't provide a visual. Here is that play:

BTW, who was that player that Bison shrugged off? Was it Scholes or was it Shrek?

this makes me miss Drogba more than Essien although the play by the Ghanian was definitely classy stuff.

It will be interesting to how Jose utilizes him in the team. With players like Khedira and Alonso already established will Jose willing discard them for Essien immediately? Or will he spend the whole season on the bench with few appearances and fewer starts?

Essien always did have underrated passing and creativity, in my honest opinion in his prime he was better than Yaya Toure, Toure is a class player but Essien was better at running the game, where i would vote for Toure for more attacking. I still think overall though The Bison wins.