Michael Essien

LDN Blue

What was the purpose in "loaning" him?...Its not as if we're too strong in the Central Mid positions..If they wanted to get rid of Essien, they should have sold him and looked for a new CM. Horrible move.

Im guessing that they hope he is able to regain form and if not at least advertise some of his ability on order to sell him on next summer. We have enough centre mids just not enough of the right quality or consistency in performance, hopefully the likes of Romeu, Mikel and Ramires will be able to develop and take up these roles. Mikel has shown signs that he is capable of doing so.

What was the purpose in "loaning" him?...Its not as if we're too strong in the Central Mid positions..If they wanted to get rid of Essien, they should have sold him and looked for a new CM. Horrible move.

There was no signs of Essien getting to play, and we all know the reason for that.

If he gets time at Madrid and somehow manages to find his strive its only positive for us. But from how he looked the last games he played we can't really play him.

At least I get a reason to watch Real games now.

There was no signs of Essien getting to play, and we all know the reason for that.

If he gets time at Madrid and somehow manages to find his strive its only positive for us. But from how he looked the last games he played we can't really play him.

At least I get a reason to watch Real games now.

Suppose Mikel get's injured. Who's going to be the central defensive mid? Romeu has barely played a game since RDM took charge, and he's the only real candidate for the task. The rest, like Ramires and Raul, would be swept aside by the stronger teams we will face.

Maybe Mourinho will get him to be a class player, and it will be like signing a great player when he comes back. (thats as about optimistic as i can get for this move)

That's what we always hear when it comes to Essien. Face it, he's 30 and this was probably the last season for him to be of some use to us. Mourinho will use him well for his own needs, but he's not going to play regularly at Madrid.

Idiot direction , thats my point of view , Micheal Essien is far better that Mikel , he needed time and he looked sharp in the pre season matches , but DI Matteo seems to forget that he is a leader , a big big lost.We'll fucking play with Mikel or Romeu or Meireles in this position , the season will be very long :-(

If he can't get a starting berth in our midfield of Mikel, Mereiles and Lampard, hard to imagine he'll start before Alonso, Khedira and Modric. Doesn't really make sense at all to me. Unless we wanted to remove his wages from our payroll this year.

Maybe Mourinho will get him to be a class player, and it will be like signing a great player when he comes back. (thats as about optimistic as i can get for this move)

Perhaps, but he will be 30 years old with an awful injury record.

Not happy with this loan at all. First of all we needed him. Mikel's not gonna do and after the game last night..this 'Mikel-Lamps' doesn't works! Besides, Mereiles does nothing at all.

And there is absolutely no guarantee that Mourinho will keep him in his starting 11. Essien will be benched most of the times. Mourinho's gonna bring him only when RM plays clubs like Granada, Villarreal, Sociedad. So this transfer is doing no good to anyone. Why did RDM even agree on this stupid loan? :readthemessage: