Michael Essien

LDN Blue

It is sad to see him going downhill after his injuries, but that is the way she goes sometimes.

I believe, Essien is far from being useful for Chelsea.

Therefore, he should be offered to other teams. It makes no sense to see him sitting on the bench or playing less than 10 games next season.

Is he really on that little? I thought after his monster form he was offered way over 100k.

Not sure, saw on the Daily Fail (article from 2 seasons ago) he was on 60k a week.

They might not be 100% accurate, but it should be somewhere around that.

Not sure, saw on the Daily Fail (article from 2 seasons ago) he was on 60k a week.

They might not be 100% accurate, but it should be somewhere around that.

That's great, in that case it shouldn't be too difficult to sell him with this wage. If he were on 100k+ it would be hard to find anybody wanting him.

That's great, in that case it shouldn't be too difficult to sell him with this wage. If he were on 100k+ it would be hard to find anybody wanting him.

Nobody really wants Essien anyway...apart from clubs based in Qatar.

Don't see any decent European club taking a risk on Essien..when there are plenty of up and coming CM/DM's available at a fraction of the cost.

• 3 weeks later...

If we are to keep Essien, you just hope a full pre season schedule free from injuries, whilst never likely to get back to his previous level, will help us get him back to a condition as a very good and solid midfielder. Gone are the days of rampaging box to box runs but we now have Ramires, and to a lesser extent Meireles to perform that job.

Essien's experience still leaves him as a very good defensive midfielder. With better fitness, he could hopefully get back up to a good enough standard to challenge and push Mikel for a defensive midfield spot in our team.

I just hope he doesn't get in the way of Romeu. I like Essien but the knee injuries have taken their toll and they aren't things you can just shake off. I think Romeu is a potentially world class player and someone who perfectly suits the more fluid, quick, short passing game we are trying to adopt, he is technically excellent from his time at La Masia.

• 2 weeks later...

Great goal, and if you look carefully in the crowd there is a young lad how starts to turn and cover his face as he thinks the ball will smack him in the face, before the ball swerves away into the net and he starts cheering lol!!

http://youtu.be/yP7FHFfkNgk

Should go to the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 or a league slightly below the level or the Prem or La Liga. Even Italy would probably suit him a lot. In his prime he was so good for us, first guy on the team sheet in one of the most solid midfields in world football. Such a shame about his injuries. He's still only 29 tho, you never know.

yeah essien has to go, unless he wants pure squad player like ferriera, only prob is hiss wages soo most likey has to be sent packing. romeu is a GEM, i really like his style of play and even though young, has such nice composure in midfield, think we got ourselvs a replacement of essien hahaha

Think he should go back to France. Though he did show that he can still do a job, e.g. the second leg vs. Napoli.

From what I remember he was awful in the 1st half of that game. He was getting run over by their midfielders like crazy. 2nd half onwards he got better but those first 45 minutes were really dreadful imo