test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LDN Blue

Michael Essien

Started by LDN Blue,

1,146 posts in this topic

sorry Maths equations are built using logic ... Logic doesnt exist in the transfer market .. Better to study Chaos theory or Eisenbergs Uncertainty Theorem

:lol: Epic post!

Essien's agent has said to France Football that he's staying at Chelsea. Got another 3 years on his contract. ffs.

We weren't all sentimental with Drogba and allowed him to leave, so why are we keeping Essien?

I can't remember any notable pass, tackle or interception from him this season.

This is what separates Champions from pretenders - they cut their losses when they need to, shift old wood when they need to, and don't keep someone around just because they have a nice smile.

lecter and Term-X like this

Essien's agent has said to France Football that he's staying at Chelsea. Got another 3 years on his contract. ffs.

We weren't all sentimental with Drogba and allowed him to leave, so why are we keeping Essien?

I can't remember any notable pass, tackle or interception from him this season.

This is what separates Champions from pretenders - they cut their losses when they need to, shift old wood when they need to, and don't keep someone around just because they have a nice smile.

Keeping Essien makes no sense.

The injuries have taken all his ability away from him.

From a top-class midfielder to a below-par midfielder in a few seasons.

Well I guess Essien will be enjoying the Chelsea bench for the rest of his contract.

Maybe it's just that no one wants him anymore when there are better and younger options available for the same price. After all, Essien's reputation is still high and he would want a good wage if he went to some other team so they prefer buying some decent youngster instead for a slightly higher transfer fee but on a fraction of Essien's wages. And if Michael himself is more than happy to stay at Chelsea and get a good wage without playing every week then the only one to blame is the idiot who gave him a 5 year contract two years ago when his injuries were common knowledge.

There's still hope left that he will get even a little bit closer to the player he was if he can enjoy a good preseason without injuries. As long as he performs even slightly better than last season he can still be a decent player for the team but not a definite starter like he was before his knees got fucked up. Of course he should still be sold if someone is willing to take him, but I'm not holding my breath

That's 60-80k a week that could be better used elsewhere. And also a spot for a non homegrown player.

This! Essien will never be the same... Sad thing, but fact. Everytime, when he came on, was awful... We should try to sell on any price.

It is sad to see him going downhill after his injuries, but that is the way she goes sometimes.

I believe, Essien is far from being useful for Chelsea.

Therefore, he should be offered to other teams. It makes no sense to see him sitting on the bench or playing less than 10 games next season.

That's 60-80k a week that could be better used elsewhere.

Is he really on that little? I thought after his monster form he was offered way over 100k.

Is he really on that little? I thought after his monster form he was offered way over 100k.

Not sure, saw on the Daily Fail (article from 2 seasons ago) he was on 60k a week.

They might not be 100% accurate, but it should be somewhere around that.

Not sure, saw on the Daily Fail (article from 2 seasons ago) he was on 60k a week.

They might not be 100% accurate, but it should be somewhere around that.

That's great, in that case it shouldn't be too difficult to sell him with this wage. If he were on 100k+ it would be hard to find anybody wanting him.

That's great, in that case it shouldn't be too difficult to sell him with this wage. If he were on 100k+ it would be hard to find anybody wanting him.

Nobody really wants Essien anyway...apart from clubs based in Qatar.

Don't see any decent European club taking a risk on Essien..when there are plenty of up and coming CM/DM's available at a fraction of the cost.

If we are to keep Essien, you just hope a full pre season schedule free from injuries, whilst never likely to get back to his previous level, will help us get him back to a condition as a very good and solid midfielder. Gone are the days of rampaging box to box runs but we now have Ramires, and to a lesser extent Meireles to perform that job.

Essien's experience still leaves him as a very good defensive midfielder. With better fitness, he could hopefully get back up to a good enough standard to challenge and push Mikel for a defensive midfield spot in our team.

He's decent enough to be a squad player. He won't be getting alot of time due to us having Lampard, Mikel, Romeu and Meireles so I don't see too much wrong with it. He has alot of experience which is always helpful.

Essien just need a good injury-free season to get his engine powered up again... as of now it is rusty!! I still believe in Essien!!!!!!

I just hope he doesn't get in the way of Romeu. I like Essien but the knee injuries have taken their toll and they aren't things you can just shake off. I think Romeu is a potentially world class player and someone who perfectly suits the more fluid, quick, short passing game we are trying to adopt, he is technically excellent from his time at La Masia.

Should go to the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 or a league slightly below the level or the Prem or La Liga. Even Italy would probably suit him a lot. In his prime he was so good for us, first guy on the team sheet in one of the most solid midfields in world football. Such a shame about his injuries. He's still only 29 tho, you never know.