Michael Essien

LDN Blue

Well. No sooner do we write him off and he produces a fairly good performance against Blackburn. Perhaps there is hope for him after all.

It's Blackburn...Nuff said. He has lost his power and speed. He is unfortunately nothing without that. He should go to Seria A.

As much as i like Essien but the last 2 months he has been nothing but poor. I mean the grit and determination which use to be there on the field has kinda of gone, u can find him smiling and being casual in his approach (thats what i feel off late) every game hence i guess it is time that we let him go.

How the fuck is this guy getting a contract extention?!

I mean really, HOW THE FUCK IS HE GETTING A CONTRACT EXTENTION?!?!?!

Have the club not realised that he is fuckking useless, they must be able to see that he has nno kneecaps. Mindblowing.

Calm down. Calm down. You're reading too much into the media. Nothing has even been confirmed yet!

He's still got 3 years to run, is miles over the hill, and there is a far better player at the club (who will also ask for much less money) about to be pushed out. No sense whatsoever.

If we give Essien a new contract as a result of booting out Kalou, I won't be happy.

Essien was a beast, a midfield machine, the BISON!

But now he's got on a bit in years his chronic (nearly career ending) knee injuries have made him weary of throwing himself into tackles, he doesn't make those lung busting runs all over the pitch any more and he's certainly lost any attacking impetus, he's lost what made him the bison in my opinion.

But In Ramires we've got a very similar player, I mean, Rami's doesn't smash in 30 yard ferocious volleys, he doesn't make crunching tackles and really enforce the midfield, but with his bags of energy he's back defending then at the other end scoring vital goals, Barcelona, Liverpool, need I say more?

So all In all I think its time for Essien to get off, I'm sure he could make one last pay day with PSG, in China, America, or even with Real Madrid, but I'm pretty sure that interest has waned with recent performances.

Thats my opinion anyways!

Maybe we are negotiating a new contract to get him tied up on a lower wage? I don't know, maybe with enough time without getting injured again he can slowly regain his form and be a good player to have - but at the moment he doesn't add very much to our squad.

Maybe we are negotiating a new contract to get him tied up on a lower wage?

Why would he agree to a lower wage?, when he has a contract till 2015, he's not an idiot.

3 years left to run on his contract. Dress him up as a CL and multiple PL and other trophies winner (plenty of title winning experience), and pretend that his poor form is because he's still not quite 100%. Easy 10-15 million there.

No chance, if we even attempted to sell him, he would reach £5m max.

Why would he agree to a lower wage?, when he has a contract till 2015, he's not an idiot.

No chance, if we even attempted to sell him, he would reach £5m max.

Maybe he realizes that if he is to be a bit part player at the club he would need to get a lower wage or otherwise be pushed out of the Champion's League Winners squad altogether.