Michael Essien

LDN Blue

he's not trolling, even if it sounds absurd... check here...

For what its worth, Transfermarkt had him down at 26.8 million as of January of this year.

Edit: Damn you Kiaretta! :P

Some of it makes sense though, he still has an earth shaking reputation, and his purchase would certainly provide an increased commercial interest, such as sponsorship, kit sales, etc. It's still mind boggling that he's rated at > 20 million though.

I've checked that site out a few times and it's bonkers!!! Not very accurate at all

I don't think he's that well known though. I mean obviously they'll know who he is but I doubt there'll be that much revenue made from kit sales etc. Would Lyon be interested? Perhaps we could get 10-15m from a French club.

Seriously though he's had 3 awful injuries, he's already in his "prime" and is an average, probably mid-table PL standard player at the moment. I think he's lost a lot of passion for the game as well. Can't blame him. It's such a shame. If not for the injuries he could/would have been the best in the world for that position.

He needs to go imo. Too high wages, too "big" a name to keep around when the return we get is not good enough.

Rated at 35m? LOL are you even serious. No way would we get more than 10m for him.

My point was that we can sell him for more than he is actualy worth, since he has quite reputation. And you never know, maybe there he will get his back form again. But I realy wouldnt want to sell him just yet.

My point was that we can sell him for more than he is actualy worth, since he has quite reputation. And you never know, maybe there he will get his back form again. But I realy wouldnt want to sell him just yet.

I wouldn't mind keeping him for one more year, since we need to get quite a lot of players in during this summer window, so it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. But if some team offers 7+ million, need to definitely take it.

with all my respect, i think we must sell this guy.

I mean, he's not as good as he used to. Before his injury, he still a massive player. But now, he still cant find his best in the pitch.

And he's getting old. :(

ps. i really love this guy, but i love my club more.

I was absolutely devastated by his display yesterday. He looks like he lost most of his passion, shied away from many challenges.

Not really.. IMO, he went into a lot of tackles, and even (or at least nearly) got himself booked. He even tracked back at one point to tackle and clear from a QPR attacker in our d-box...You can see this in the 2nd half highlights. when JT goes over and applauds him for it.

He is finished, we will never see the old Bison again.

few years back he would have been first name on the teamsheet for an FA Cup final and CL semi final clashes with Barca, the fact RDM didn't even bring him on in those matches, doesn't that tell you something?

As most of the last posters have said,,Essien is finished. That sounds harsh but is merely facing reality. He has been a GREAT player for

us but the cumulative effect of his injuries mean he will never have the power speed ans energy which were the hallmark of his game.

I think he should retire or find a lucrative pay day in a less demanding league ,,MLS perhaps

His contract runs out in 2015, the club should have released him in janaury when he returned from injury. AC Milan were 'reported' as interested, and unless a club signs him for his reputation. I can't see how we'd even get £5m for him now.

As much as i like Essien and want him to be a blue for life, i think the time has come to let him go because it seems he is really not trying to do anything. IN most of the matches of late he has looked like the boy who is lost in the park.