Charlie Colkett

BlueLion.

250056559.jpg

Surprised there isn't a thread for this little man, especially after how well he acquitted himself on Saturday. He's had a very good season within the youth set-up, and has an incredibly mature and considered style of play which is made all the more impressive by his tender years. Very inventive and creative - is he the best-kept secret of our academy right now? Absolutely integral in the Youth Cup/UEFA Youth League victories.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie colkett -player to watch in friendly VS Thailand allstar

Charlie colkett reminds me to Pep Guadiola in their movements (although this is only a similarity). I hope he has a great future with us.

Regards.

I'm really happy he finally got his thread.
Last season I found him good but in the "great but not excellent" category that several youth players are in. I got a tip though from a friend in London though to follow him more closely in the youth games, and the result is that I would say he is my favorite youth player now.

The danger with him is that his career will depend so much on how his development is undertaken. I get the feeling that for his player-type, a loan to Vitesse or the championship might not be ideal. At Chelsea the position looks rather hard to break in to as well, as Fabregas and Matic are hard to displace, and we have heard rumours of all from Koke and Pogba to Schneiderlin, with RLC also being an outside option.
He greatest strength is his vision and passing range, he is actually quite similar to Xavi and Fabregas, but a little bit more tenacious and dynamic in my opinion. Since his greatest strengths are his intelligence and vision he needs to be surrounded with players who know how to exploit this. Put him in an average championship team with Cameron Jerome up front and you know he will become more of a burden that an asset.

Personally I would advocate him being given the RLC-treatment. Next season let him train with the first team, the year after that a few cameos and starts in less important games, and then actually try to break him in if he still shows the same potential.

It is impossible to forecast how good a player will become, since there are so many factors that we are unaware of. All I know right now is that Colkett is an unusual talent in that he sticks out on his level not due to his physique, goal-scoring or technique (which is also really good), but due to how he directs the game. A huge influence.

EDIT: I should add that I often check other forums to get a full picture, and whenever I read the comments about CFC youth games at blue moon or red cafe (when they play against CFC that is) the player they have praised the most is actually Dasilva and Colkett. Praise from the opposition should be considered twice as valuable.

His hair is so Reem. Looks like the kind of guy who wears Adidas originals tracksuits everywhere and drives a Vauxhall Corsa with a stereo system blaring Eminem out down Kingston high street on his way to meet Izzy Brown for a cheeky nandos

His hair is so Reem. Looks like the kind of guy who wears Adidas originals tracksuits everywhere and drives a Vauxhall Corsa with a stereo system blaring Eminem out down Kingston high street on his way to meet Izzy Brown for a cheeky nandos

He's our Jack Grealish. :ph34r:

Bit better than Grealish's though. Hideous cut that.

Have followed him closer than most of our youth players this season and I've been pretty impressed. This free kick against Spurs was a particular highlight: https://vine.co/v/OV3I0TbpnhZ

For those who don't know much about him, he was our Youth Cup winning captain, and has trained with the first team a fair amount throughout the season.

"I see him [Fabregas] sometimes first hand and when I train with the first team, it's about learning from these top class players and taking what you can. They show me what I need to be doing every day and you see how good he is on the ball and how he has adapted to the defensive side which Jose Mourinho likes a lot. That's what I'm trying to do, learn off that. I want to become that complete, all-round midfielder and then to continue to work on that and work on my strengths as well. When I train with the first team, the players are dropping comments here and there but obviously John Terry is a great example of what I want to do. He's obviously the last person to do that and he's been great with the young players. [Their advice is to] make the most of everything day-in, day-out and to keep working hard with this talent. Talent is one thing but working hard to get to that level is the next thing."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3058741/Chelsea-s-Youth-Cup-captain-Charlie-Colkett-inspired-Cesc-Fabregas.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv84EoZACA4

Keep it up lad!

Dare I say he's better than pre avb josh. Vision and passing range are similar but colkett is way better tactically/defensively. I dont see any shortness or major weakness in his game. He has great vision, passing range, intelligence, tactical awareness and good at setpieces

I have high hopes for him and musonda.

His size is the only thing that could hold him back but that shouldn't be an issue really as fabregas and Oscar aren't exactly heavyweights.

Dare I say he's better than pre avb josh. Vision and passing range are similar but colkett is way better tactically/defensively. I dont see any shortness or major weakness in his game. He has great vision, passing range, intelligence, tactical awareness and good at setpieces

I have high hopes for him and musonda.

His size is the only thing that could hold him back but that shouldn't be an issue really as fabregas and Oscar aren't exactly heavyweights.

I've felt for about a year now that he feels like a 2nd chance at developing McEachran.

I think the mistake we made with Josh was promoting him and giving him high wages so young, as soon as he bagged his Corrie misses he thought he made it.

Exciting times for the Chelsea youngsters

With Mourinho? I really doubt it. He doesn't like the youngest players. Our manager it's the ultimate nightmare for these people.

Maybe in two years, with some lucky, he can do an amazing job in some mediocre team in Spain. Like Kakuta.

I've felt for about a year now that he feels like a 2nd chance at developing McEachran.

I think the mistake we made with Josh was promoting him and giving him high wages so young, as soon as he bagged his Corrie misses he thought he made it.

Let's hope he shows some desire in defensive duties and gets far stronger than mceachran ever was. Or he'll never play in his favorite deep midfield position under Mourinho.

Probably the best young player in europe atm in my opinion

I think musonda just about shades him but not by much. We are lucky to have both in our ranks. I just hope the club hierarchy realise and appreciate the potential of these group of players

I think musonda just about shades him but not by much. We are lucky to have both in our ranks. I just hope the club hierarchy realise and appreciate the potential of these group of players

He was being sarcastic.....at least I hope he was! That would be a ridiculous claim to make unless you watch every youth league in Europe!