Which loanees have a future at the club?

what i seen from that season i can see bamford and bertrand traore having a future at the club aswell has van ginkel after being injury a lot the likes kakuta and mceachran and marin or moses i can see no future for them at chelsea i have my crystal ball out here hahahaha

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which ever one's reach the level required on loan will get a chance.

Whichever then perform and give what is expected of them in a Blue shirt will remain for the long haul.

Well for me Ake, Bamford (if he's not going to get a chance at the club right now), Omeruo, Chalobah and Traore need to have loans to decent level clubs where they will get playing time and experience and if they succeed on those loans I could see them having a future at the club.

Kalas, Atsu and MVG are coming back from failed loans and all could either sink or swim from here. All likely need loans to clubs which are going to use them more often now. They all still have a good chance but have to come back from this quickly.

Pasalic, Baker, Swift, Davila, Delac and Perica all have had loans at low level clubs and need to step up a level. They will need to succeed at those levels first at then move on to decent level clubs like Ake et al.

Moses, Marin, Kakuta McEachren and Salah have all been loaned to sell/release.

Piazon, Rodriguez and Wallace are almost 100% going to be sold or released, they just haven't developed as much as expected/wanted.

Romeu is an odd one, having recently signed a new contract. He could come back to the club to play a role, could leave on loan yet again or could leave the club on a permanent basis. The last one seems most likely but we never know.

RLC (if not involved in the first team squad next year), Brown, Boga, Solanke and DaSilva could all be on their way out on loan too, to get some first team playing experience under their belts.

As for chances, I reckon that Ake, Boga and Traore have the best chance of making it here.

Bamford, Omeruo, Chalobah, and RLC all have decent chances also.

Brown, MVG and Atsu have ok chances.

But Kalas, Romeu, Solanke, Baker and Pasalic are long shots at best.

And the others have little to no chance IMO i'm afraid.

Whichever loanee the manager rates of favors. Performance/merit/talent is only a fraction of the equation. Bertrand Traore, Bamford and baker makes sense to most people but to Jose, it might be some random players like perica or Pasalic that fits the mold of what he's looking for.

For me only Bertrand Traore. I actually think that he will be here next season if he secures work permit.

I fail to see talent or need for other 20+ bunch. I had hopes for Omeruo/Kalas but signing Zouma excluded them for any equation. RLC is the one for central midfield position so it's no to Baker, Swift, McEachran Chalobah, Van Ginkel and Pasalic imo especially that we most probably sign someone in place of Mikel (Schneiderlin, Imbula, Allan).

For AM position we surely sign another player, Atsu, Moses, Piazon are not good enough anyway. And I think Bamford has not great chance either with Solanke coming through and probably signing of Griezmann.

So yeah I can only see Traore to have future here. And to be fair he is the only one that strikes me to have talent and spare space in the side to play here.

None as they are either not marketable enough or not good enough.

They're sent on loan not to get experience, but to make a name for themselves and raise their value.

It's pretty evident the guys that the club think has a chance stay at the club and train with the first team.

IF Traore can get a permit, he'll be here - cover for AM positions.

Kalas could come back and provide RB cover, but imo Christensen could do that to a similar level of ability anyway. Or if Terry or Ivanovic gets an injury.

From what I've been told, Romeu has no chance unless he recovers from his knee injury. If he can he could take Mikel's place. I honestly hope he does but I just can't see it.

Baker could come back if he excels in a good loan, such as maybe a Ligue Un side; see end of next season.

If Bamford is happy to come back and be 2nd/3rd choice he will be here. Otherwise a Prem loan.

Whichever loanee the manager rates of favors. Performance/merit/talent is only a fraction of the equation. Bertrand Traore, Bamford and baker makes sense to most people but to Jose, it might be some random players like perica or Pasalic that fits the mold of what he's looking for.

I'd say Pasalic has ten times the chance that Bertrand Traore has. People give way too much weight on goals scored and hence hype up strikers. Traore scores goals yes, but he has bad decision making, even worse technique and you might as well be playing with ten men when the ball is not at his feet. I know that's harsh, but we always overlook glaring weaknesses in youngsters like these and then moan when they don't make it.

As for the youth player with the most chance of making it here, it's been my opinion for more than two seasons that that is RLC and I'm very happy that Jose seems to think so as well. From the loanees, to answer the thread title, I had high hopes for Atsu, but his Everton loan was a big failure, maybe with a good loan next season he can rekindle his chances.

None as they are either not marketable enough or not good enough.

They're sent on loan not to get experience, but to make a name for themselves and raise their value.

It's pretty evident the guys that the club think has a chance stay at the club and train with the first team.

It's win win and with the new FFP we need to try thing's to close the financial advantage United have over us and this is a very clever way for me.

In Tibo we practically signed a £20-30m keeper for free last summer and some that don't quite work out here but we get quite a bit of money for help us to fund player's we do need (main example De Bruyne effectively paying for Matic).

If Jose say doesn't see a future for Kalas, Omerou and Bamford here we will probably get around £15-20m for the three of them, that would go a long way to funding the next big signing.

IF Traore can get a permit, he'll be here - cover for AM positions.

Kalas could come back and provide RB cover, but imo Christensen could do that to a similar level of ability anyway. Or if Terry or Ivanovic gets an injury.

From what I've been told, Romeu has no chance unless he recovers from his knee injury. If he can he could take Mikel's place. I honestly hope he does but I just can't see it.

Baker could come back if he excels in a good loan, such as maybe a Ligue Un side; see end of next season.

If Bamford is happy to come back and be 2nd/3rd choice he will be here. Otherwise a Prem loan.

Replacing Mikel for Romeu would be borderline insanity. Mikel may not be everyone's cup of tea but he is a proven player in this country who has played at a decent enough level for a decade.

He got a bit frustrating when he was a first choice player granted, but it's harder to find good squad player's than superstar starters, so for as long as Mikel is happy with a bit part role, we should keep him.

Replacing Mikel for Romeu would be borderline insanity. Mikel may not be everyone's cup of tea but he is a proven player in this country who has played at a decent enough level for a decade.

He got a bit frustrating when he was a first choice player granted, but it's harder to find good squad player's than superstar starters, so for as long as Mikel is happy with a bit part role, we should keep him.

IF Romeu can reach the height of his performances before his injury then it's a no brainer for me. Big if, though.

I'd say Pasalic has ten times the chance that Bertrand Traore has. People give way too much weight on goals scored and hence hype up strikers. Traore scores goals yes, but he has bad decision making, even worse technique and you might as well be playing with ten men when the ball is not at his feet. I know that's harsh, but we always overlook glaring weaknesses in youngsters like these and then moan when they don't make it.

I think you are talking about Bamford here, right ?

As for the youth player with the most chance of making it here, it's been my opinion for more than two seasons that that is RLC and I'm very happy that Jose seems to think so as well. From the loanees, to answer the thread title, I had high hopes for Atsu, but his Everton loan was a big failure, maybe with a good loan next season he can rekindle his chances.

Traore does not have bad technique at all...

No, Traore. Bamford can hold a ball up pretty well and linkup with his teammates. Pretty selfless on the ball as well. Can't say any of that about Traore.

In what world does Traore have bad technique? Have you even seen him play at all? His technical abilities are his strengths...

In what world does Traore have bad technique? Have you even seen him play at all? His technical abilities are his strengths...

I think his pace, physical strength and finishing are quite clearly his strong points...

He has a great curling shot technique and his general shooting is pretty good, but when it comes to things like passing, crossing and even just ball control and dribbling (he uses his pace to dribble) his technique is well below the standards of players at this time. I don't know much about his personal life but I could tell from watching him that he probably didn't join a football academy until he was relatively old or something like that. There's just something awkward about his technique and his general movement and play in relation to that of his teammates.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive only watched him a bit this season but for a lad his age hes got to have a good future ahead of him. And he doesnt need a GPS to find the goal. Its gonna be hard to know just what we do with him tho even with Mou liking him.