Which loanees have a future at the club?

What life is REALLY like as a Chelsea loan starlet... Lucas Piazon reveals all

• Championship side Fulham have signed Chelsea forward Lucas Piazon
  • The Brazilian's move is his fifth loan spell in the last five years 
  • The 22-year-old has discussed what life is like as a Blues' loanee

By MATT BARLOW FOR THE DAILY MAIL 

PUBLISHED: 07:32 +10:00, 6 September 2016 UPDATED: 09:27 +10:00, 6 September 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3775029/What-life-REALLY-like-Chelsea-loan-starlet-Lucas-Piazon-reveals-all.html

For Lucas Piazon, a fresh start has become an annual experience, as it has for many players in the loan crowd at Chelsea.

This year Piazon has joined Fulham, a club close to home and full of ambition and he hopes it will be the one to launch his career in England.

The young Brazilian is at Craven Cottage until January with an option to extend the deal until the end of the season.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christensen and Musonda defiantly, Traore most probably.

Ake, Kenedy, Tammy, Pasalic, Boga and Kasey potentially, all depends on how their loan progress goes. JCS and Corklett is too early to say, will help if they pulled some trees in Bristol and earned a higher level move. Baker is a long shot, can't see it.

The rest no chance, they just aren't and never will be good enough for the level we aspire to be, not even as squad players, although having said that we have a few of those category players in our squad this season, Chalobah and Moses prime examples.

21 hours ago, KevinAshburner said:

What life is REALLY like as a Chelsea loan starlet... Lucas Piazon reveals all

• Championship side Fulham have signed Chelsea forward Lucas Piazon
  • The Brazilian's move is his fifth loan spell in the last five years 
  • The 22-year-old has discussed what life is like as a Blues' loanee

By MATT BARLOW FOR THE DAILY MAIL 

PUBLISHED: 07:32 +10:00, 6 September 2016 UPDATED: 09:27 +10:00, 6 September 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3775029/What-life-REALLY-like-Chelsea-loan-starlet-Lucas-Piazon-reveals-all.html

For Lucas Piazon, a fresh start has become an annual experience, as it has for many players in the loan crowd at Chelsea.

This year Piazon has joined Fulham, a club close to home and full of ambition and he hopes it will be the one to launch his career in England.

The young Brazilian is at Craven Cottage until January with an option to extend the deal until the end of the season.

Maybe if he was good enough he would break into the squad atm I don't see Piazon having a chelsea future 

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/2945800/chelsea-have-list-of-english-clubs-the-club-would-not-do-business-with

According to  Bristol City chief operating officer Mark Ashton chelsea won't loan players out to some English clubs

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone is talking about squad overhaul but we don't need to buy 10 new players. First and biggest step would be to sell some "deadwood" - Ivanović, Cahill, Mikel, Oscar, Matić, Pedro, Cuadrado, Remy, Atsu, ...

Than buy some world class players. Spend 100M on one player, I don't care ... just don't buy 10 players for 20M that are not worth sh*t! And most important note of the day: GIVE OUR YOUTH PLAYERS AND LOANEES A CHANCE TO PROVE THEMSELVES! We don't need to put all of them in first eleven but they can be a very good squad players for a start. Some of them might even start right away ^_^

Trust Conte and let him introduce his ideas about tactic and formation. Then we can identify our targets and what we actually lack in our team. Central midfield, central defence and left back is probably our biggest weakness right now but we need to see if Conte wants to play 352, 343, 433 or something else. 

I hope our youth academy and loan army will finally break into the first team :) 

Tammy Abraham is currently the best scorer in Championship. He doesn't need another loan (probably bad loan with bench role) to Premier league. If he can keep up the tempo this season, he needs to be at Stamford Bridge next season! Same goes for Christiansen, Ake, Baker, Musonda, Boga, Palmer, Baba, Traore, Colkett, Clarke-Salter ... :) But as it seems we already made a big mistake with Ake ... he doesn't play for Bournemouth. He should have stayed here ;) He was in U23 best lineup for 2015/2016 season and you are telling me that he is worst than Ivanović (Azpi RB, Ake LB)? He can even play in central midfield and he can't be as bad as Matić and Oscar :D 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I know our youth/ loan system isn't perfect and has its problems but it must be very disheartening for a lad coming thru our academy or for any young skilled much desired player we buy full of potentiial. Some of these lads coming out of the academy have been with us since they were 8 years old. Theyve gone training with one dream which is to play at The Bridge with the players they idolize in the 1st team. Only to find out that we very rarely have them in the squad and if we do then they wont get played.

I'm in 2 minds about this.

I think that OK IF we dont use them then we have given them a good training and IF they are any good then they will be good at any other club they join.

So if they go on loan to a 'lesser' club they should rightly stand out thus getting media attention and either coming back to us or A.N. Other similar team.

By rights they should end up at a club equal to their skill level.

But we also know theres alot of luck invoved. Finding a manager that you catch their eye who has that trust in you and takes the gamble.

So like in Moses case there were alot of us that saw his potential each pre season and was waiting for summet to happen.

Well its like that with alot of our 'youth' loanees.

Ive always liked Traore,Kenedy,Ake,Christensen and ones like Abraham,Musonda,Baker have grown on me.

But we really got to stop overhyping them. What we have done to RLC IMHO put us back youth wise a long way. Its given the kids the impression that they too deserve it. They will get the £60k a week and the pictures o the web for basically doing nowt..

But the thing is they have to make the most of their opportunities WHEN theyre given.

This year we got Aina,Challobah,RLC come thru with of course Moses off the loanabout. Ainas done OK but needs alot more time. I like Cholobah alot and think he deserves some greenhouse attention and he could be great for us. But IMHO RLC just doesn't cut it. (YET??) I think hes one of those cases where a loan or 2 would do him the world of good. But have we left that too late?  I think maybe time to sell him (with a buy back clause?) and take some knocks in the media.

Theres other lads that would give their left dangley to have RLCs chances. and I just dont think hes taken his.

Lets see come the summer whether Conte takes advantage of a couple of very useful young defenders coming back or he decides to buy in. It will give us some idea how hes thinking..

Antonio Conte: How these two players will impact on Chelsea’s January transfer plans

ANTONIO CONTE has revealed he will give Charly Musonda and Kenedy a chance to impress at Chelsea before deciding to make any moves in the January transfer window.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/748558/Antonio-Conte-Musonda-Kenedy-impact-Chelsea-January-transfer-plans-news-gossip

Hi  guys I'm a Doncaster Rovers fan and i just thought it would be worth letting you know how Jordan Houghton is getting along. Although i'm aware he won't have a future with yourselves, your lad has been sensational for us and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up playing at a decent level in the championship

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/12/2016 at 6:56 PM, DRFC95 said:

Hi  guys I'm a Doncaster Rovers fan and i just thought it would be worth letting you know how Jordan Houghton is getting along. Although i'm aware he won't have a future with yourselves, your lad has been sensational for us and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up playing at a decent level in the championship

Cheers for the information mate. Appreciated.

Ive not really given Colkett much attention but hes 20 now and seems to be progressing nicely.

Boss: Chelsea loan star has incredible talent… he'll be a real success at Stamford Bridge

SWINDON head coach Luke Williams has tipped loan midfielder Charlie Colkett to become a Chelsea star.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/579240/Swindon-Charlie-Colkett-Chelsea-Incredible-Talent-Success-Stamford-Bridge-Gossip

Chelsea could make up to £10m on Patrick Bamford deal and they have more than £175m of talent out on loan... here's the lowdown on their 35 loanees

CHELSEA'S 35 LOANEES AND THEIR ESTIMATED FEES

Loic Remy, 30, forward (Crystal Palace) - £8m

Tammy Abraham, 19, forward (Bristol City) - £12m

Christian Atsu, 25, midfielder (Newcastle) - £5m

Isaiah Brown, 20, forward (Huddersfield) - £5m

Tomas Kalas, 23, defender (Fulham) - £8m

Kasey Palmer, 20, midfielder (Huddersfield Town) - £3m

Lucas Piazon, 22, forward (Fulham) - £6m

Jake Clarke-Salter, 19, defender (Bristol Rovers) - £4m

Charlie Colkett, 20, midfielder (Swindon) - £2m

Jamal Blackman, 23, goalkeeper (Wycombe) - £500,000

Jordan Houghton, 21, midfielder (Doncaster) - £500,000

Alex Kiwomya, 20, winger (Crewe) - £500,000

Nathan Baxter, 18, goalkeeper (Solihull Moors) - £350,000

Dion Conroy, 21, defender (Aldershot) - £350,000

Cristian Cuevas, 21, defender (Sint-Truidense) - £500,000

Matej Delac, 24, goalkeeper (Royal Excel Mouscron) - £500,000

Islam Feruz, 21, striker (Swindon) - £500,000

Wallace, 22, defender (Gremio) - £500,000

Joao Rodriguez, 20, forward (Cortulua) - £500,000

Baba Rahman, 22, defender (Schalke) - £8m

Andreas Christensen, 20 (Borussia Monchengladbach) - £32m

Michael Hector, 24, defender (Eintracht Frankfurt) - £5m

Juan Cuadrado, 28, winger (Juventus) - £23m

Mario Pasalic, 21, midfielder (AC Milan) - £7m

Lewis Baker, 21, midfielder (Vitesse Arnhem) - £6m

Matt Miazga, 21, defender (Vitesse Arnhem) - £5m

Nathan, 20, midfielder (Vitesse Arnhem) - £6m

Danilo Pantic, 20, midfielder (Excelsior) - £3m

Bertrand Traore, 21, forward (Ajax) - £10m

Victorien Angban, 20, midfielder (Granada) - £1.5m

Jeremie Boga, 20, midfielder (Granada) - £1.5m

Kenneth Omeruo, 23, defender (Alanyaspor) - £500,000

Fankaty Dabo, 21, defender (Swindon) - £500,000

Jay DaSilva, 18, defender (Charlton) - £500,000

Marco van Ginkel, 24, midfielder (PSV) - £8m

SPORTSMAIL'S ESTIMATED TOTAL: £175.2million

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Chelsea could make up to £10m on Patrick Bamford deal and they have more than £175m of talent out on loan... here's the lowdown on their 35 loanees

CHELSEA'S 35 LOANEES AND THEIR ESTIMATED FEES

Loic Remy, 30, forward (Crystal Palace) - £8m

Tammy Abraham, 19, forward (Bristol City) - £12m

Christian Atsu, 25, midfielder (Newcastle) - £5m

Isaiah Brown, 20, forward (Huddersfield) - £5m

Tomas Kalas, 23, defender (Fulham) - £8m

Kasey Palmer, 20, midfielder (Huddersfield Town) - £3m

Lucas Piazon, 22, forward (Fulham) - £6m

Jake Clarke-Salter, 19, defender (Bristol Rovers) - £4m

Charlie Colkett, 20, midfielder (Swindon) - £2m

Jamal Blackman, 23, goalkeeper (Wycombe) - £500,000

Jordan Houghton, 21, midfielder (Doncaster) - £500,000

Alex Kiwomya, 20, winger (Crewe) - £500,000

Nathan Baxter, 18, goalkeeper (Solihull Moors) - £350,000

Dion Conroy, 21, defender (Aldershot) - £350,000

Cristian Cuevas, 21, defender (Sint-Truidense) - £500,000

Matej Delac, 24, goalkeeper (Royal Excel Mouscron) - £500,000

Islam Feruz, 21, striker (Swindon) - £500,000

Wallace, 22, defender (Gremio) - £500,000

Joao Rodriguez, 20, forward (Cortulua) - £500,000

Baba Rahman, 22, defender (Schalke) - £8m

Andreas Christensen, 20 (Borussia Monchengladbach) - £32m

Michael Hector, 24, defender (Eintracht Frankfurt) - £5m

Juan Cuadrado, 28, winger (Juventus) - £23m

Mario Pasalic, 21, midfielder (AC Milan) - £7m

Lewis Baker, 21, midfielder (Vitesse Arnhem) - £6m

Matt Miazga, 21, defender (Vitesse Arnhem) - £5mL

Nathan, 20, midfielder (Vitesse Arnhem) - £6m

Danilo Pantic, 20, midfielder (Excelsior) - £3m

Bertrand Traore, 21, forward (Ajax) - £10m

Victorien Angban, 20, midfielder (Granada) - £1.5m

Jeremie Boga, 20, midfielder (Granada) - £1.5m

Kenneth Omeruo, 23, defender (Alanyaspor) - £500,000

Fankaty Dabo, 21, defender (Swindon) - £500,000

Jay DaSilva, 18, defender (Charlton) - £500,000

Marco van Ginkel, 24, midfielder (PSV) - £8m

SPORTSMAIL'S ESTIMATED TOTAL: £175.2million

Those numbers are total bullshit. Like Traoré, for example, would go for only 10 million and Baker would go for only 6 million...

• 3 months later...