test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chelsea Legend 11

Rumoured Abdul Baba Rahman

Started by Chelsea Legend 11,

636 posts in this topic

So apparently Chelsea are looking at this guy who had a breakthrough season at Augsburg. Looks pretty decent but I don't know much about him, any avid Bundesliga fans out there?

He had a great season and is only 20. He's a two-footed LB from Ghana and played 31 games for Augsburg.

3.5 tackles per game

2.7 interceptions

2.8 clearances

4 assists

1.4 dribbles

68% pass completion

On paper he looks like a Jose type player. He's fast and looks like he wins a high percentage of tackles (54%) The types of player that would compliment our high press quite nicely. Anyone know anything about him?

have been hearing a lot about him. have never seen him play. would like it if someone can explain his strengths, weaknesses, style of play etc etc.

what about the fee?rumored

£20m he's twenty. Does he have the sort of potential that will see his value increase in a few years?

Of course he has, hes 20 after all...

20m is a lot for a fullback, its rare you see a return on that sort of money.

You mean 20 million euros ? Augsburg would sell for less I think.

I'm hearing its £20m.

£20m is over 28m€. Real Madrid paid 31m€ for Danilo, established and recognised full-back. By the way, pound to euro rate is really strong now and it's important to keep currency right.

Few weeks ago I read that Chelsea want to offer 15m€ for him. And to be fair I don't think that number to go further maybe a few good add-ons to that.

£20m is over 28m€. Real Madrid paid 31m€ for Danilo, established and recognised full-back. By the way, pound to euro rate is really strong now and it's important to keep currency right.

Few weeks ago I read that Chelsea want to offer 15m€ for him. And to be fair I don't think that number to go further maybe a few good add-ons to that.

I don't know much about him to comment, judging from his numbers and youtube vid he looks like a Jose type player. If you can get the guy who provides exactly what we need the price shouldn't matter to a club like Chelsea. We can sell Luis and Moses and the fee will be covered.

I have never seen him play but it's better if someone like him take Filipe place and Brazilian will help bring Griezmann/Koke here.

From youtube videos he looks quick with great stamina, two-footed, nice combination play, strong in tackles and stats suggest that he is good in the air as well. The basic is right so for good money to play firstly a second fiddle to Azpilicueta and Ivanovic, this transfer seems reasonable.

Chelsea Legend 11 likes this

Augsburg will not even get 10m for him. That's just how Bundesliga teams roll in terms of selling.

20mil pounds for a 2nd choice 20 year old LB. no thank you. ake would be a better option for the scenario. would rather use the money for a world class winger/CM.

EMK likes this