Asmir Begovic

Chelsea will make a move for Stoke City goalkeeper Asmir Begovic as they seek a replacement for Petr Cech, writes the Daily Mirror.

It is reported Stoke have not yet been approached by the Premier League champions and will fight to keep hold of the Bosnian international, who has just one year left on his current deal.

He'll probably reject us again. He should be moving to a club where he would be a starter.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should be doing what we did with Schwarzer and going for a quality older goalkeeper. Green is decent and homegrown, yes, but an injury to Courtois and he could be playing UCL semi-final matches in the Nou Camp...

our number 2 Goalkeeper job might not seem appealing..but the back up Goalie for us and other top clubs is one injury away from starting in major games like FA and European Cup finals. I think if I was a goalkeeper playing for a team who aren`t likely to feature in those games,especially European Cup finals then I`d join one of those teams atleast for a year or two,which I think for the next decade or so will be what we will see..back ups coming for a year or two.

somebody like Begovic could always go back to some team like Stoke in the future.he can start a ton of games elsewhere but he won`t get the chance to be involved in a European Cup run at so many clubs. some moments in life are just priceless and worth more than a lot of lesser ones. especially when he can have both.

I don`t want us running the risk of starting a crucial game amongst others with another Turnbull..even tho against Inter at the bridge he was our best player.

That was his only good game for us.

He dont seem too bad. Will he be happy playing 18+ games tho? Youve got to think he might like a chance to play against the big boys in Europe if he got a chance.

Whoever we get we need to be able to trust him. I never liked the idea of a 42 year old but he kept some important clean sheets when we needed him and I remember he had a real good game against the dippers.

We will more than likely be sighing Thibauts old coach Guy Martens so probably worth getting his advice because it will be him training the guy not Lollichon.

I see Gooners have let Ospina goon the market and also their GK coach Roberts.

Couldn't like the article but stoke want player + cash for begovic.. The player in question Victor Moses, if this is true we need to get this done would be very happy with Asmir who once played for Canada before switching to his native country as our deputy