Charlie Austin

I really rate Charlie Austin, he's massively underrated technically, holds the ball up well, works hard leading the line.

Above everything though is that he's scored goals everywhere and every standard he's played at. Every time he's stepped up to the next level he's still banged goals in. There is a huge step up from QPR to ourselves, but I do think for somewhere between £10-15m he's well worth the punt.

I don't really want to see Remy leave as he's looked pretty good when he's played but if he does want to leave and we got Falcao and Charlie Austin instead of Remy and Drogba, our strikers are much stronger than last season.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really rate Charlie Austin, he's massively underrated technically, holds the ball up well, works hard leading the line.

Above everything though is that he's scored goals everywhere and every standard he's played at. Every time he's stepped up to the next level he's still banged goals in. There is a huge step up from QPR to ourselves, but I do think for somewhere between £10-15m he's well worth the punt.

I don't really want to see Remy leave as he's looked pretty good when he's played but if he does want to leave and we got Falcao and Charlie Austin instead of Remy and Drogba, our strikers are much stronger than last season.

Absolutely agree. He is very clever striker, knows where he have to be to score. Same as you if price will close between 10-15 mln pounds we should to start negotiate with the player.

Chelsea fan coming off an excellent season, he's English, knows where the net is. Let's do this. Falcao is pretty much a done deal so I'm guessing Remy has asked the club to let him go for a team that can offer him regular football. Can't blame him though. Austin to replace Remy makes sense if that's the case.

I think he would be a great acquisition, but we could definitely kiss Bamford goodbye if we get him. I think Bamford should be given a chance instead, but that's just me. If Bamford doesn't make it I wouldn't be hopeful for any Chelsea youth in all honesty.

#CFC have added Charlie Austin to their wish-list as they look to complete the signing of Falcao by the end of the week. (Evening Standard)

Chelsea have earmarked Austin as a potential replacement for Remy, who wants to quit in search of 1st-team football. (Evening Standard) #CFC

#QPRFC are resigned to losing Charlie Austin and will not consider anything less than £15m for their prized asset. (Evening Standard) #CFC

I'd definitely have this guy at the club. Would be gutted to lose Remy though who has been brilliant for us this season contributing well. Austin could have a similar impact though. I approve but only if it's down to Remy wanting out.

Why do we need 2-3 new strikers every fucking years? Please don't sell Rémy. Costa-Falcao-Loic would be amazing.

Willian could play more behind the striker and Rémy in the right.

I think everyone at the club appreciates Remy and they all want him to stay, but maybe the player himself has asked the club to leave. He probably feels he could play an important role next summer for France, hence he wants regular football. I've seen talks about Falcao coming to replace Drogs as the 3rd choice striker, but we all know it is not going to be like that. Diego Costa and Falcao will battle for a starting spot. So that leaves Remy behind them in the pecking order. He is to good to be a 3rd choice striker.

Im not saying hes crap but surely we should be setting our targets much higher.

Before you go on about it yes I know getting a TOP striker is hard considering we are supposedly a 1 striker set up but why should it be any harder for us than any other club? Players at every club have got to fight for their place and other clubs seem to be able to do it ok

Any striker that saw us last year that fancied himself would think well Costas got dodgy legs and Remys probably not going to be there and I'm better than Falcao so Id reckon they might just be up for pushing for top spot.

But if we dont try to get the best players we can instead of hasbeens and wannabes we will never get nowhere.

Im not saying hes crap but surely we should be setting our targets much higher.

Before you go on about it yes I know getting a TOP striker is hard considering we are supposedly a 1 striker set up but why should it be any harder for us than any other club? Players at every club have got to fight for their place and other clubs seem to be able to do it ok

Any striker that saw us last year that fancied himself would think well Costas got dodgy legs and Remys probably not going to be there and I'm better than Falcao so Id reckon they might just be up for pushing for top spot.

But if we dont try to get the best players we can instead of hasbeens and wannabes we will never get nowhere.

He's crap.

I think everyone at the club appreciates Remy and they all want him to stay, but maybe the player himself has asked the club to leave. He probably feels he could play an important role next summer for France, hence he wants regular football. I've seen talks about Falcao coming to replace Drogs as the 3rd choice striker, but we all know it is not going to be like that. Diego Costa and Falcao will battle for a starting spot. So that leaves Remy behind them in the pecking order. He is to good to be a 3rd choice striker.

Yes, it's possible and understandable.

Austin would face the same situation though. He must be dreaming about playing for England too, I'm not sure if he wants to come here. If he wants play in France next year he should join Castle or Liverpool.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You