André Ayew

robdog

Heart skipped a beat when I saw this thread blowing up. Thank goodness it was for no reason.

This is the sort of signing that got us in the position we're in now. Buying mediocre players instead of quality and bloating the squad with deadwood.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Heart skipped a beat when I saw this thread blowing up. Thank goodness it was for no reason.

This is the sort of signing that got us in the position we're in now. Buying mediocre players instead of quality and bloating the squad with deadwood.

Having a competitive squad isn't about having Hazard on the pitch and Neymar as his back up. How many on paper average player's lifted the PL trophy under Fergie's watch? Infact our new manager has only recently got a Sunderland reject looking like hell of a player.

I'm not necessarily saying Ayew is who we should be signing, but our problems last season wasn't due to a lack of top players, Hazard is one of the best in the world, Cesc is one of the top playmakers, Costa is one of the top strikers, Azpi is one of the best fullbacks atleast from defense POV, Tibo is the best keeper in the league and for good measure we have signed arguably the league's best player from last season. It was quite a few factors as to why we finished 10th, the major one's have been discussed to death, but another was lack of depth, if Conte thinks that Andre can come in and do a job as a squad player and fit in to the team dynamic he is trying to build, then who I am to argue? He's certainly better than Moses who fans seem to be begging to get a chance. 

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Having a competitive squad isn't about having Hazard on the pitch and Neymar as his back up. How many on paper average player's lifted the PL trophy under Fergie's watch? Infact our new manager has only recently got a Sunderland reject looking like hell of a player.

I'm not necessarily saying Ayew is who we should be signing, but our problems last season wasn't due to a lack of top players, Hazard is one of the best in the world, Cesc is one of the top playmakers, Costa is one of the top strikers, Azpi is one of the best fullbacks atleast from defense POV, Tibo is the best keeper in the league and for good measure we have signed arguably the league's best player from last season. It was quite a few factors as to why we finished 10th, the major one's have been discussed to death, but another was lack of depth, if Conte thinks that Andre can come in and do a job as a squad player and fit in to the team dynamic he is trying to build, then who I am to argue? He's certainly better than Moses who fans seem to be begging to get a chance. 

I think he'd be another Remy. Looked very decent for a small team but would come here and never get a look in. A waste of a squad place.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think he'd be another Remy. Looked very decent for a small team but would come here and never get a look in. A waste of a squad place.

Remy was a decent squad player for us, like a Hernandez at United type who can fill in and score at a decent rate, although he has served his purpose and i hope he's gone by end of August.

40 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Remy was a decent squad player for us, like a Hernandez at United type who can fill in and score at a decent rate, although he has served his purpose and i hope he's gone by end of August.

Chicharito was a regular for them even if he didn't start. Not really comparable. It seemed like we went months without even seeing Remy. He may as well have not been here. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You