Chelsea and Marseille in possible partnership

Some rumours that Chelsea and Marseille could establish a loan partnership. That would be amazing, Marseille is a big club and playing for such club in ligue 1 is great step before making it in PL. Drogba, Hazard, Essien, Malouda, Anelka, Azpi, Makelele all experienced playing in ligue 1 and performed realy well for us to.

Here are some links:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/marseille-interested-chelsea-loan-partnership-5692183

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/5/13/8603287/chelsea-in-talks-with-marseille-loan-partnership

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally this would be brilliant. I'd love this.

There's talk they want Boga and Charly Musonda on loan. Also other guys who's futures aren't so sure like Piazon, Kalas and Atsu could go there and further develop to be sold/come back to the club in the future.

I think this would be brilliant. France in my eyes is up there with Holland as probably the best league to develop young players. If Marcelo Bielsa stays at Marseille next year too, hes a good coach with a great record for developing players and encouraging attacking football. Its a win-win for everybody.

Yes, yes, yes. More importantly, Mendy and Imbula moving to Chelsea.

Would be a huge step up from Vitesse which has been mostly disappointing.

All the players sent to Vitesse were never supposed to make it at Chelsea. Very much a window display for the lesser talents.

Yes, yes, yes. More importantly, Mendy and Imbula moving to Chelsea.

All the players sent to Vitesse were never supposed to make it at Chelsea. Very much a window display for the lesser talents.

That's not really true, Piazon was perceived as probably our best talent when he joined Vitesse, there were and still are very high hopes for Traore and Kalas was looking likely to make the step up before we bought Omeruo and more importantly Zouma.

That's not really true, Piazon was perceived as probably our best talent when he joined Vitesse, there were and still are very high hopes for Traore and Kalas was looking likely to make the step up before we bought Omeruo and more importantly Zouma.

Every player that shows the slightest bit of talent gets most of the fans very excited. I don't think that's quite the same for the people in charge of the youth or the manager in charge.

Not one Chelsea talent stalled at Vitesse has set the league on fire, was considered as one of very the best by the followers of the league or seen as a true potential star. Some do well, some are inconsistent, and others are poor/crap. And the Eredivisie is not exactly top level.

Great !

I recently read an interview with Boga that he dreams about playing for Marseille - hopefully he will be first send there. I wouldn't like to overcrown their team with our loanees so only the best of the best should join them. Boga and Musonda for now. If this is informal partnership it shouldn't be a storage for past talents who club don't know what to do with.

Ligue 1 is by far the best league to develop young players. I read top50 prospects annually even though I'm not French League fan, to be up to date with emerging stars.

I read that Chelsea met with Lyon as well and they discussed Boga and Traore. Good that Chelsea look to Ligue 1 as the next step. Hopefully in some time we will get to the point when they will sell those players with buy-back clauses.

This would be a perfect agreement. Better than Vitesse.

In fact, I would give on loan next season several players like Ake (if Filipe continued with us), Brown, Boga ... and others. Or the Brazilian players that now we're trying to sign so they can adapt to the European rate.

Playing on a team in first division in France and able to play Champions League next season.

Is a perfect agreement.

Regards.

Great !

I recently read an interview with Boga that he dreams about playing for Marseille - hopefully he will be first send there. I wouldn't like to overcrown their team with our loanees so only the best of the best should join them. Boga and Musonda for now. If this is informal partnership it shouldn't be a storage for past talents who club don't know what to do with.

Ligue 1 is by far the best league to develop young players. I read top50 prospects annually even though I'm not French League fan, to be up to date with emerging stars.

I read that Chelsea met with Lyon as well and they discussed Boga and Traore. Good that Chelsea look to Ligue 1 as the next step. Hopefully in some time we will get to the point when they will sell those players with buy-back clauses.

There seems to be alot of interest from Ligue 1 teams in the past few months. Musonda is also linked with AS Monaco. Tbh, it is an ideal place to send some of our best talents there. OM and AS Monaco are still a tier below Chelsea, but both of them will play in Europe (OM is only 2 points behind Monaco with 2 matches to go for a CL spot).

I don't think it will be the same as Vitesse because 1. OM isn't really small, they have a huge stadium and following 2. They only seem to be interested in our francophone speaking players. Boga is french, and Musonda speaks Dutch and french fluently.

On WAGNH, alot of people are saying these kind of loans are too agressive. But to me both Musonda and Boga are too talented for the Eredivisie/JPL/Championship. If they are good enough they will play.

Yes!! Marsielle are my team in france, Biesla is a good manager (has underachieved this season tbh) but most importantly they are a team chalenging for the CL, what an experience those kids would have.

Hopefully this comes to fruition, gives more of a reason to watch their games aswell :getin: