Rob Green

the wes

I'm not saying we should get Green at all; he's not good enough. Someone like Begovic would be perfect. He's HG. We need to think long term wise as well - we could perhaps need an extra foreign spot in the future. It'd be good if we didn't waste it on our back up goalkeeper.

fair enough. misinterpreted. we should look for an HG option but in case we dont get one, a non-HG option >>>>>>>>>>>>> rob green just cos we might need an HG spot in future.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly. or i would not mind signing brad freidel, but definitely not this guy.

by the way, lopez would be a GREAT option. he is rotting in milan. maybe a 2mil bid specially since we seem to be actually PAYING 2mil to buy green

Isn't Brad Friedel like 63 years old?

mistakes are made but not when you are fighting for your life, and at that moment, qpr were fighting for their lives. i dont know how much that one point would have made a difference but you just never know in football.

one game, 8 year old. then there are mistakes after mistakes. remember the goal in WC. he is just not worth it. there are much much better options out there. diego lopez definitely is one of them. brad freidel can be got for free. but green is definitely not the answer.

I agree there are better options (Freidel isn't one tho, completely past his prime and number 3 at Spurs now) but I do believe he is a good keeper who had his reputation unfairly tarnished by that WC error, and even then he made a top save to prevent England from losing at the end.

Chelsea are close to wrapping up a £2m deal for Rob Green as they ponder life after Petr Cech, according to the London Evening Standard.
The QPR keeper is reportedly Jose Mourinho's first choice to replace Cech should he secure a move away from Stamford Bridge this summer.
- Sky Sports

Jesus stop moaning he's a backup :)

a goalkeeping backup is very important. basically decides our fate in 2 domestic competitions. if we are playing soton/swansea/everton away in a league cup/fa cup match, this guy does not fill you up with confidence, does he.

courtois is still young, had a minor blip this season and was replaced by cech for a couple of matches, would you even consider doing that if green was our 2nd GK. i definitely wont.

I agree there are better options (Freidel isn't one tho, completely past his prime and number 3 at Spurs now) but I do believe he is a good keeper who had his reputation unfairly tarnished by that WC error, and even then he made a top save to prevent England from losing at the end.

Isn't Brad Friedel like 63 years old?

probably a 100 and yet still better than green. atleast we wont have to pay for mediocrity if we go for freidel. :lol:

john ruddy, begovic (like someone said, give them moses and take in begovic), diego lopez.

thats the point with defenders and goal keepers. you can make 10 great saves/blocks but you will be judged on that one moment of lapse of concentration/stupidity. a goal changes everything in a football match.

a goalkeeping backup is very important. basically decides our fate in 2 domestic competitions. if we are playing soton/swansea/everton away in a league cup/fa cup match, this guy does not fill you up with confidence, does he.

courtois is still young, had a minor blip this season and was replaced by cech for a couple of matches, would you even consider doing that if green was our 2nd GK. i definitely wont.

It looks like a sensible piece of business to me.

If as expected Cech goes - we already have an agreement in place to sign somebody, if Cech stays we still win as we have 3 keepers, 2 world class and one good enough.

I remember all the hype on Mignolet - but stick him in a team with a shitty defence and he looks awful!

Stick an average keeper in our team, with Terry and Cahil playing well, and he will look World Class.

I guess the Cuadrado signing has undermined some confidence in Jose, as up until then his signings were great. I have no doubt that when called upon Green will rise to the challenge, this is the twilight of his career, the last chance to win something - he will give 100%

• 2 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You