Toby Alderweireld

71 members have voted

1. 1. Would Toby Alderweireld be a good player for our squad?

• Yes, he can become a starter here
    • Yes, he would be a decent squad member for our 60+ games
    • No, not at all

CHELSEA are lining up a ‘double your money’ move for Spurs defender Toby Alderweireld. (Times) #CFC

Antonio Conte’s side have made an enquiry about the Belgium star’s interest in leaving Tottenham. (Times) #CFC

Alderweireld has 3 seasons left on a contract that pays a basic £49,000/week & 28-yo could expect to double that amount. (Times)

11 minutes ago, milka said:

CHELSEA are lining up a ‘double your money’ move for Spurs defender Toby Alderweireld. (Times) #CFC

Antonio Conte’s side have made an enquiry about the Belgium star’s interest in leaving Tottenham. (Times) #CFC

Alderweireld has 3 seasons left on a contract that pays a basic £49,000/week & 28-yo could expect to double that amount. (Times)

i like this player and would have him here at Chelsea in a heartbeat, but Tottenham will not deal with us, the cunts

On 20/08/2017 at 0:12 PM, Polo7 said:

More and more bullshit. How do the papers get away with this? 

If you reward people for doing something, they will continue to do it. As consumers of media we lap this stuff up so, naturally, they keep pumping it out. Alderweirald's agent is almost certainly the source of this story as he chases an improved deal for his client. Good story, good source. Of course it's going to be published. 

• 5 months later...
26 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Us, City and Utd still keeping an eye on his contract situation. Spurs can single handed extend his contract until 2020 but then a clausule for transfer fee of 28m€ will be activated.

Is there any chance that we'll actually sign him? I know we are reportedly interested but a lot will depend on whether we'll continue stick with the back 3 - aka will Conte stick around? - and what we're gonna do with Luiz and Cahill.

On 13/02/2018 at 6:12 PM, Jason said:

Is there any chance that we'll actually sign him? I know we are reportedly interested but a lot will depend on whether we'll continue stick with the back 3 - aka will Conte stick around? - and what we're gonna do with Luiz and Cahill.

Any negotiations with Spurs would be hard, but he has 18 months left on his contract or Spurs apparently can extend by another year and trigger a £25m release clause which teams would snap up. He may well force their hand.

For me he would be a perfect partner at the back for Christensen. Either a back 3 also involving Azpi or a back 4 with Azpi at right back should be extremely solid. 

If there is any possibility to make such a move we should be all over this. City having brought Laporte are now pretty well stocked in defence (depending on Kompany's situation). United would more likely be the ones to make a real push for him over anyone.

Any negotiations with Spurs would be hard, but he has 18 months left on his contract or Spurs apparently can extend by another year and trigger a £25m release clause which teams would snap up. He may well force their hand.
For me he would be a perfect partner at the back for Christensen. Either a back 3 also involving Azpi or a back 4 with Azpi at right back should be extremely solid. 
If there is any possibility to make such a move we should be all over this. City having brought Laporte are now pretty well stocked in defence (depending on Kompany's situation). United would more likely be the ones to make a real push for him over anyone.

We need a left sided defender desperately. I don’t think Toby is the ideal fit here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

We need a left sided defender desperately. I don’t think Toby is the ideal fit here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Spurs play a back 3 which position does he usually play?

I would actually prefer us to revert back to a back 4 next season. Whether that happens or not we'll see, but if we did he would be an excellent choice to partner Christensen at centre back.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

When Spurs play a back 3 which position does he usually play?

I would actually prefer us to revert back to a back 4 next season. Whether that happens or not we'll see, but if we did he would be an excellent choice to partner Christensen at centre back.

Central or right side I think. What a player he is though by the way. Would take him here for 50m never mind 25m.

I think Ake could eventually (talking 4+ years) offer the same qualities. I'd just appreciate what we have outside of Cahill until then, then bring him back as Azpi no doubt physically demands rotation by that point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You