Toby Alderweireld

71 members have voted

1. 1. Would Toby Alderweireld be a good player for our squad?

• Yes, he can become a starter here
    • Yes, he would be a decent squad member for our 60+ games
    • No, not at all

Why would we swap him for Luis? He isn't a LB

If Luis isn't happy and wants to leave x not really a huge choice for us really. But agree with position, it would leave us with no real left backs.

I'm hoping we could get Coentrao for similar money we could get for Luis from Atletico.

Alderweireld would be a great signing who could one day be a great player for the club.

If we signed him in a trade for Luis we would then have this (N.B i'm not happy with Azpi at LB but Jose if never going to drop Ivan so i've just come to accept Azpi as a LB):

1st: ---Ivanovic---Aldeweireld---Terry---Azpi---

2nd: ---Kalas/Omeruo/Christensen---Zouma---Cahill---Ake---

Moving on to when Terry retires (HAS to be at the end of this season, he can't keep being this good forever can he?) and Ivan's legs run out:

1st: ---Azpi---Aldeweireld---Zouma---New LB---

2nd: ---New RB---Omeruo---Kalas---Ake---

See? All worked out :). I think he'd fit really well and give us a young player who has proven himself at many levels and has a lot of experience for someone his age.

Alderweireld would be a great signing who could one day be a great player for the club.

If we signed him in a trade for Luis we would then have this (N.B i'm not happy with Azpi at LB but Jose if never going to drop Ivan so i've just come to accept Azpi as a LB):

1st: ---Ivanovic---Aldeweireld---Terry---Azpi---

2nd: ---Kalas/Omeruo/Christensen---Zouma---Cahill---Ake---

Moving on to when Terry retires (HAS to be at the end of this season, he can't keep being this good forever can he?) and Ivan's legs run out:

1st: ---Azpi---Aldeweireld---Zouma---New LB---

2nd: ---New RB---Omeruo---Kalas---Ake---

See? All worked out :). I think he'd fit really well and give us a young player who has proven himself at many levels and has a lot of experience for someone his age.

Only thing is, Azpi isn't getting moved from left back until either Jose leaves or he declines, Jose builds his team around the back four and creating a solid platform, he's not going to move the player who hasn't made a single error leading to the opposition chance.

Even if Ivan gets dropped Azpi won't move back there, we will sign a new RB.

Latest report Ive seen was in the Daily Telegraph

However, Mourinho has been delaying the deal because he is weighing up the likelihood of signing either Real Madrid’s highly-rated defender Varane or Everton’s England international Stones.

New Los Blancos boss Rafa Benitez has made it clear that he wants to keep the France international with Everton manager Roberto Martinez feeling the same way about his 21-year-old centre-back.

With other reports of Spuds going after him but I cant see them wanting to pay £14 mill for a CB when theres cheaper options available for them. And I would think IF we did go for him the chance of playing back in Europe would be a pull for him.

But with so many CBs linked with us we really dont have any clue to who we shall eventually end up with.

• 2 weeks later...

They even made a video of Toby pronouncing his name because of the average Spurs fan IQ being equal to average temperature outside...

But Azpilicueta did kind of the same thing..

That was one of the most cringe-worthy moments in our history; seeing how many people couldn't pronounce his name. Az-Pil-A-Cuet-A. They made it seem so hard but all they had to do was break up the word.

Pardon my ignorance but isn't Alderweireld's name easier (or straightforward) to pronounce? With Azpilicueta, people already get the first syllable wrong.

Well now that you mention it... He did :D

But at least we had faith in our fans at first, we waited some time until we noticed people were joking a out his name. Tottenham did it straight away...

Joking, I just found it funny because I was actualy wondering how to pronounce his name too :D

• 1 year later...
On 08/07/2015 at 1:31 PM, Leif said:

That was one of the most cringe-worthy moments in our history; seeing how many people couldn't pronounce his name. Az-Pil-A-Cuet-A. They made it seem so hard but all they had to do was break up the word.

Assuming you mean that to spell out, in English, the correct way to say Dave's name then I'm afraid you have it wrong. Maybe not so easy then.

In any case, it was just funny not serious. The Dave song includes a pronunciation of Daves surname after all, albeit the same incorrect version you've given.

12 hours ago, LukakutoStamford said:

Good grief ... Azpilicueta's name is a cake walk to pronounce. 

Ahl-der-weh-rellt 

Know this guy already when he was at Ajax'. Great defender but Spurs will never sell him. Not at this period in time and also because we're Chelsea lol. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You