Toby Alderweireld

71 members have voted

1. 1. Would Toby Alderweireld be a good player for our squad?

• Yes, he can become a starter here
    • Yes, he would be a decent squad member for our 60+ games
    • No, not at all

It's quite a sobering thought that Liverpool payed £20m for Lovren and Saints replaced him with this guy.

Could say the same for the other players they bought to replace Lambert, Lallana, Shaw etc.

Belgians underrate him heavily, just watch the forums of the fans that know him the best. The forums of Atlético and Southampton. Alderweireld is the best Belgian defender by far this season. Denayer also had a massive season, but needs to prove it at a higher level first. Toby has all the qualities to play rightback too and I think he is also great there.

I voted would make a good squad player. I`d be fine with the swap but as mentioned by someone else..would leave us with 0 true leftbacks.so we would need to buy a LB.

I`m really not bothered if we get him or give the depth spot to somebody like Kalas,Omeruo instead. infact if it involved a transfer fee instead of a swap I`d prefer we just used one of those. each can play RB too.

Which of Chelsea's main defenders (except a well-playing Terry) would actually be much better than this guy? I'm guessing none.
He also seems to be getting better and better on the RB position. Would be a good signing for anyone, since he can play anywhere in the back four.

Which of Chelsea's main defenders (except a well-playing Terry) would actually be much better than this guy? I'm guessing none.

He also seems to be getting better and better on the RB position. Would be a good signing for anyone, since he can play anywhere in the back four.

Azpi?

--- TIBS ---

--- ALDERWEIRELD -- IVANOVIC -- CAHILL / JT -- AZPI ---

If Alderweireld picked up any form and looked decent for us, I'd be happy with this approach. Cahill would eventually take JT's place after one season should JT finally retire, and thus we would keep our ruthless defense mechanism!

--- TIBS ---

--- ALDERWEIRELD -- IVANOVIC -- CAHILL / JT -- AZPI ---

If Alderweireld picked up any form and looked decent for us, I'd be happy with this approach. Cahill would eventually take JT's place after one season should JT finally retire, and thus we would keep our ruthless defense mechanism!

Alderweireld won't play at RB for us (unless needed) unless he can do like what Ivanovic does going forward, even if he is suspect defensively.

a decent cover for azpi, for both the CBs and as a RB. 6mil is his reported fee.

since we bought luis just an year ago for 16mil pounds, guess his market value should not take much of a hit. if we get 6mil + toby for filipe then we have essentially replaced bertrand with toby for no money.

Belgians underrate him heavily, just watch the forums of the fans that know him the best. The forums of Atlético and Southampton. Alderweireld is the best Belgian defender by far this season. Denayer also had a massive season, but needs to prove it at a higher level first. Toby has all the qualities to play rightback too and I think he is also great there.

That's not saying much if I'm being honest.

Alderweireld never even plays LB, where are people getting this from? He has no use in our squad unless we sold Ivanovic or loaned out Zouma. His positions are totally covered. No need to bring in another defensive squad player. If we're buying a defender he has to be of starting quality.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You