Goal and Moment of the Season

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top three moments for me -

- Diego Costa's 'crimes' against Liverpool - you could feel the whole world was against us, the campaign against Chelsea, Jose ignoring the press conferences. I feel somehow it brought the team even more together.

- 1-0 win at West Ham. We just won the COC and had another difficult derby away from home. It was a game of goalkeepers at both ends. How did that end just 1-0, I will never know. I think it was the first game the fans started singing 'We're gonna win the league'. It was all about the winning mentality.

- Winning difficult away games late in the season. Last year we lost to Villa or Crystal Palace which cost us the League eventually. This season, we managed to win these - Hull, QPR or Leicester. A right progress.

Goal of the season?

I will try to be different (Schurrle against Burnley is the obvious choice) and say Schurrle against Man City. It was a fantastic counter attack. Hazard's pass was not bad either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTcd3aeSaaY

You are a man of great judgement! :)

Schurrle's goal vs Burnley won't win GOTS for the simple reason he's buggered off elsewhere... which is a good thing because Cesc's goal vs Palace was better anyway.

Willian's winner against Everton was the big moment for me. Kept the gap at 7 points with 13 games remaining. That game won us the league, IMO.

Can't remember where, but Mourinho recently said that he had two favourite moments this season - Schurrle's goal at Burnley, and Cech's save against Everton. I tend to agree.

Can't remember where, but Mourinho recently said that he had two favourite moments this season - Schurrle's goal at Burnley, and Cech's save against Everton. I tend to agree.

Interview after the title, it's posted in the mourinho thread

Goal: Costa vs Arsenal. - Great lob and what. a. pass.

Moment: The day we signed Fabregas, that was a fantastic day. Everyone doubted it'd happen, but it did. After that, I knew the title was ours.

Moment: The day we signed Fabregas, that was a fantastic day. Everyone doubted it'd happen, but it did. After that, I knew the title was ours.

Do you remember when the first photo of him holding the CFC shirt emerged days before the WC? Everyone thought it was photoshopped haha.

Another of the great moments of the season was selling Lord Nutmegs for £50 million.

No. I think the best moment of the season was/should be when we finally got rid of Flopres once and for all!

Do you remember when the first photo of him holding the CFC shirt emerged days before the WC? Everyone thought it was photoshopped haha.

Indeed. Watching people get proved wrong when they're so mouthy and cocky is very satisfying.

Goal : Schurrle vs City or Schurrle vs Burnley. I choose the first because of the opposition.

btw, Schurrle miss you badly :cry:

Moment: As didierforever said before i wanted to say that tomorrow's match may offer some strong contesters for this one! :D

So far: Willian vs Everton. I wanted to mention that. Massive goal and moment, i lost my voice. Many of us just knew that we've done it right then and there.