2014/15 Premier League Champions - The Thread to Celebrate

After many gifs and pics, I just can't help myself with what could end up being an essay (not surprisingly if it does).

There was never a doubt or a contender. The way we've established ourselves since day on in this league showed everyone who wanted to see that we were the real deal. A lot is said about the level of the league nowadays, it doesn't matter really if compared to other leagues we're stronger or weaker (I disagree because I believe the competition here is closer, other leagues have 1 or 2 teams that are way better than any English team, it doesn't make the leagues stronger, just the specific teams), winning the Premier League is never easy, but we made it look like it was.

The consistency showed by this team from start to 'end' has been incredible. The stats speak for themselves and people may diminish it because of the 'low level of the competition', but did City had an overwhelming lead last year while we and United were in transition? It's the second season in United's transition... they still haven't been able to reach the level we did in our first year. The team Mourinho inherited was no better than the one Moyes and definitely way worse than the one Van Gaal inherited - still he accomplished more. I wish I could go back and find some posts last year, a little before May saying next season (current one) we'd win the league, that Mourinho was feeling and learning about the squad and was molding it.

This team is nowhere a Mourinho team yet, but the comparison to last season is astonishing. The grinding results, scrapped, fought off, even when playing bad - this is one of the trademarks of winners and of course, one of José's. That's not a flaw as many here like to label. He's more pragmatic than others, but I feel like others should be more like him, not the other way around. He's way more flexible, smart and pro-active than other managers and that's why I feel so surprised and disappointed by people dismissing him the way they do around here. He has flaws, he has areas he should improve, I'm not arguing against that, but the criticism he receives here is unfair imo.

Next season I expect us to literally and for real challenge all four fronts. I'm sure he'll bring a few more players - players he identified with the profile he wants (both technically/tactically and mentally). Hazard benefited a lot from being managed by him. He's working on his personality and mentality and while I can't predict if others would have done the same, I feel like Mourinho is one of the many reasons Hazard grew so much in this aspect. Maybe another manager would have given him more freedom, but what would he have learned with having more freedom? Absolutely nothing, he would just have better stats and more enticing matches compilations. Hazard was born with the talent he has, no manager will be able to improve or detract that. The natural course of things is for him to just improve in executing what he does better and better as time passes, but the tactical, mental and emotional growth he had under Mourinho, I'd risk to say he'd have under few - if any. But instead people say he'd be better off in a team that isn't managed by Mourinho. I can't get behind this reasoning.

The way Mourinho brought Costa and Cesc to this team, how fitting and perfect they were as well as Matic repatriation last season just shows what a great chess player he is. He saw what he needed, he went for it and with just a few players and not as much money as other teams, combined with his brilliant management, he brought us from the Arsenal position (fighting the arse off to finish in the Champions League positions) to title contenders in one season and title winners in two. United couldn't do the same, City took years, and Arsenal and Liverpool feel like will probably die trying. He deserves a lot of credit and recognition.

This team evolved in all possible aspects this season: tactically, mentally, technically. We continued to get the results against bigger teams (even if not as good as last season) and we found ways to beat the smaller teams when they parked buses or marked our best players out of the matches. We won when we weren't playing well. We scrapped results at the end of matches, our players showed a lot more heart and winning spirit. The level, quality and even beauty of the football we played for five months is not only something to be proud of, but also an indication of what is yet to come.

There's a lot of pressure for a team as big as Chelsea. There's pressure to retain titles and there'll be even more pressure in the UCL, but after years without even challenging the league (until Mourinho came back), being kicked out of UCL in groups stage and not even scoring the domestic cups as we used to, there was an unprecedented amount of pressure over the club - including from Roman. After the nightmare Mourinho lived in his last season at RM and how he couldn't achieve what he was hired for (La Décima), there was also an immeasurable amount of pressure on him. This has been lift, and next season we'll have just the pressure that comes with being a big club. One we're already used to, so I expect this team to be stronger, more deadly but also more carefree. I expect Mourinho to be less pragmatic, but let's not fool ourselves. If he finds himself and the team in the same position he did this year: short squad, limited bench, key players suspended or injured and the expected lack of form any team has during a long season, he'll resort to his old methods and that's not a flaw, that's a quality of the highest order. Being stubborn, inflexible, arrogant and insisting with something that could cost points and later titles isn't positive, it's stupidity.

There was never a real competition except for City in January - when they tried their best, but it wasn't enough. Chelsea is many steps ahead everyone else in the Premier League and if I had to bet, I'd say the gap will be even bigger next year. The enormous amount of pressure is now over City and United - for different reasons, Arsenal and Liverpool have to overcome the pressure and their emotional/mental pitfalls to really challenge for the title. I have no doubts we'll get 2 or 3 names - just like Costa and Cesc - that will take us to higher levels. So while City, United and even Arsenal can actually improve their form from this season and probably will, I think we'll improve more than anyone else. Not only because most of the pressure (the damaging one) is off, not only because this set of players will have a title, experience, growth, maturity and chemistry under their belts, not only because more key players will come, but also because with the pressure he clearly had on his shoulders, José will start to work on what he promised (and was asked) by Abramovich. Prepare yourselves, the new era of Chelsea FC starts here and it won't be loaded only with titles, a new style, philosophy and identity is coming and I'm as certain about it as I was about this EPL title 14 months ago. You can quote me in the future.

All hail Chelsea FC - the overwhelming champions of 2014/15 Premier League, even for the boring people that will find something to pick on.

Good to have you back. Love you.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Barbara, sweetie I love you, but that was a bit more than just an article. I think my whole Masters thesis was shorter than that! :lol:

One thing to add about the 'weak' league, yes, it's undeniable that the top English teams are not as strong as they used to be but the toughness of the league is exactly in what Palace showed today: Even the small teams can give any one an incredible hard match and win points off them...even when they don't need points like today! Apart from Swansea maybe, there literally was not a single match that was won easily. Each and every match could have ended with the opposite result but it takes the extra effort from the players and the manager to get the results your way.

We all knew it was going to happen, at some point, it was just a matter of when. I will not hide, nor will I lie to anyone....1 minute from time I cried, why? Because I am proud, I'm proud of this football club, I'm proud to say I am part of it and I am proud for my son to see this happen. At FT he ran into my arms and we hugged and cried, we have been through a season together, up's and downs and we did it as a unit, just me and my boy. He's 8, he's Chelsea, he's my lad and fuck me am I proud of him...you better believe it, he is my son and special, just like this club to me.

That's enough soppy shit from me, I'm off to drink, cuddle my boy and sing.

Love you all.

Now I am watching The Express on BEin Sport TV here in the States & guess who they put on? Marcel Desailly

Of course he is smiling about CFC's Double winning season. Blues around the Globe are rejoicing this moment in time :D

We all knew it was going to happen, at some point, it was just a matter of when. I will not hide, nor will I lie to anyone....1 minute from time I cried, why? Because I am proud, I'm proud of this football club, I'm proud to say I am part of it and I am proud for my son to see this happen. At FT he ran into my arms and we hugged and cried, we have been through a season together, up's and downs and we did it as a unit, just me and my boy. He's 8, he's Chelsea, he's my lad and fuck me am I proud of him...you better believe it, he is my son and special, just like this club to me.

That's enough soppy shit from me, I'm off to drink, cuddle my boy and sing.

Love you all.

Sissy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xZLhocY5SM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgnAFdtQVEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00KQ5Ys0LMw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_hzxhLYJq8

*Notice how the tires are missing at the end of the Pool bit

No Chelsea fan should complain after today. Yes, playing defensively against Crystal Palace at home and winning thanks to a penalty in a title deciding game doesn't sound so appealing, but let's not forget that we dominated from day one. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that we'd win the title by a thirteen point difference.

Other than being knocked out in the Champions League this was nothing short of a fantastic season. And I feel as though people aren't giving Mourinho enough credit - if in 2010 we won thanks to the amount of goals scored and Ancelotti's offensive style, this time we won because when it comes to motivation this guy truly is one of a kind. I recall him saying "No more third" during the Player of the Year awards last season, people were thinking he was being grumpy but he was actually making a point. And then as soon as he handed Hazard the award, he said something along the lines of "I expect bigger things from you next season, kid". And now look at the result.

After many gifs and pics, I just can't help myself with what could end up being an essay (not surprisingly if it does).

There was never a doubt or a contender. The way we've established ourselves since day on in this league showed everyone who wanted to see that we were the real deal. A lot is said about the level of the league nowadays, it doesn't matter really if compared to other leagues we're stronger or weaker (I disagree because I believe the competition here is closer, other leagues have 1 or 2 teams that are way better than any English team, it doesn't make the leagues stronger, just the specific teams), winning the Premier League is never easy, but we made it look like it was.

The consistency showed by this team from start to 'end' has been incredible. The stats speak for themselves and people may diminish it because of the 'low level of the competition', but did City had an overwhelming lead last year while we and United were in transition? It's the second season in United's transition... they still haven't been able to reach the level we did in our first year. The team Mourinho inherited was no better than the one Moyes and definitely way worse than the one Van Gaal inherited - still he accomplished more. I wish I could go back and find some posts last year, a little before May saying next season (current one) we'd win the league, that Mourinho was feeling and learning about the squad and was molding it.

This team is nowhere a Mourinho team yet, but the comparison to last season is astonishing. The grinding results, scrapped, fought off, even when playing bad - this is one of the trademarks of winners and of course, one of José's. That's not a flaw as many here like to label. He's more pragmatic than others, but I feel like others should be more like him, not the other way around. He's way more flexible, smart and pro-active than other managers and that's why I feel so surprised and disappointed by people dismissing him the way they do around here. He has flaws, he has areas he should improve, I'm not arguing against that, but the criticism he receives here is unfair imo.

Next season I expect us to literally and for real challenge all four fronts. I'm sure he'll bring a few more players - players he identified with the profile he wants (both technically/tactically and mentally). Hazard benefited a lot from being managed by him. He's working on his personality and mentality and while I can't predict if others would have done the same, I feel like Mourinho is one of the many reasons Hazard grew so much in this aspect. Maybe another manager would have given him more freedom, but what would he have learned with having more freedom? Absolutely nothing, he would just have better stats and more enticing matches compilations. Hazard was born with the talent he has, no manager will be able to improve or detract that. The natural course of things is for him to just improve in executing what he does better and better as time passes, but the tactical, mental and emotional growth he had under Mourinho, I'd risk to say he'd have under few - if any. But instead people say he'd be better off in a team that isn't managed by Mourinho. I can't get behind this reasoning.

The way Mourinho brought Costa and Cesc to this team, how fitting and perfect they were as well as Matic repatriation last season just shows what a great chess player he is. He saw what he needed, he went for it and with just a few players and not as much money as other teams, combined with his brilliant management, he brought us from the Arsenal position (fighting the arse off to finish in the Champions League positions) to title contenders in one season and title winners in two. United couldn't do the same, City took years, and Arsenal and Liverpool feel like will probably die trying. He deserves a lot of credit and recognition.

This team evolved in all possible aspects this season: tactically, mentally, technically. We continued to get the results against bigger teams (even if not as good as last season) and we found ways to beat the smaller teams when they parked buses or marked our best players out of the matches. We won when we weren't playing well. We scrapped results at the end of matches, our players showed a lot more heart and winning spirit. The level, quality and even beauty of the football we played for five months is not only something to be proud of, but also an indication of what is yet to come.

There's a lot of pressure for a team as big as Chelsea. There's pressure to retain titles and there'll be even more pressure in the UCL, but after years without even challenging the league (until Mourinho came back), being kicked out of UCL in groups stage and not even scoring the domestic cups as we used to, there was an unprecedented amount of pressure over the club - including from Roman. After the nightmare Mourinho lived in his last season at RM and how he couldn't achieve what he was hired for (La Décima), there was also an immeasurable amount of pressure on him. This has been lift, and next season we'll have just the pressure that comes with being a big club. One we're already used to, so I expect this team to be stronger, more deadly but also more carefree. I expect Mourinho to be less pragmatic, but let's not fool ourselves. If he finds himself and the team in the same position he did this year: short squad, limited bench, key players suspended or injured and the expected lack of form any team has during a long season, he'll resort to his old methods and that's not a flaw, that's a quality of the highest order. Being stubborn, inflexible, arrogant and insisting with something that could cost points and later titles isn't positive, it's stupidity.

There was never a real competition except for City in January - when they tried their best, but it wasn't enough. Chelsea is many steps ahead everyone else in the Premier League and if I had to bet, I'd say the gap will be even bigger next year. The enormous amount of pressure is now over City and United - for different reasons, Arsenal and Liverpool have to overcome the pressure and their emotional/mental pitfalls to really challenge for the title. I have no doubts we'll get 2 or 3 names - just like Costa and Cesc - that will take us to higher levels. So while City, United and even Arsenal can actually improve their form from this season and probably will, I think we'll improve more than anyone else. Not only because most of the pressure (the damaging one) is off, not only because this set of players will have a title, experience, growth, maturity and chemistry under their belts, not only because more key players will come, but also because with the pressure he clearly had on his shoulders, José will start to work on what he promised (and was asked) by Abramovich. Prepare yourselves, the new era of Chelsea FC starts here and it won't be loaded only with titles, a new style, philosophy and identity is coming and I'm as certain about it as I was about this EPL title 14 months ago. You can quote me in the future.

All hail Chelsea FC - the overwhelming champions of 2014/15 Premier League, even for the boring people that will find something to pick on.

As always, on point and unwavering in keeping it real. Cheers

Wonderful season, delighted to finally be champions. The game was hard to watch today, particularly the last few minutes.

Well done everyone. Well deserved vicinity, I couldn't be more proud of Jose and the boys :)

Jose y u moan about fans when we win league? Be happy man. Grab a beer or a spliff or something and chill

OH GOD HARRY! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MOAN IN A CELEBRATION THREAD?! GO MOAN IN THE MOANING THREAD!! :rant: :rant: :rant: