Chelsea v Liverpool

Jase

I have to say, I don't understand the pleas for the youngster play. It doesn't really matter. Of course it's nice for them, but a good performance won't make them play regularly next season or anything. It doesn't make them better players either.

If Mou were to go for strong line-ups in the last three games, I'd fully understand it. You don't often get the chance to finish the the season with 90+ points.

It might not make them better players but it'll give them a taste of first team football and some confidence heading into next season

Also, I don't get the importance behind 90+ points, it's a meaningless stat

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All my Liverpool supporting mates thinks this is the time for them to finally beat us at home due to us already clinching the title and relaxing.

I really want don't want us to lose but I also want to see some youth and give our key players a rest.

FINALLY beat us? They have a fairly decent record at the Bridge.

Beat us twice in 11-12 under AVB, and the year before under Ancelotti. Drew at the Bridge when Rafa was here too.

FINALLY beat us? They have a fairly decent record at the Bridge.

Beat us twice in 11-12 under AVB, and the year before under Ancelotti. Drew at the Bridge when Rafa was here too.

Whoops I meant under Mourinho :lol: They seem to really hate him.

It might not make them better players but it'll give them a taste of first team football and some confidence heading into next season

Also, I don't get the importance behind 90+ points, it's a meaningless stat

I don't believe playing in these last few games (if they play) will be the reason for them playing or not playing next season. If Mou wants to use them next season, he will.

You go into every match looking to win. If you reach 90+ points, you prove your strength and superiority. Only three sides have been capable of reaching 90+. And after labouring through 2015, looking at league table with that amount of points makes it more worth it. But you think it's meaningless, that's fair.

Good game to play RLC, as Jose mentioned him like 1000 times in interviews.

Give Luis some game time to prepare for the Copa and the other Brazilians some rest. Get well soon Rambo!

Give Cech and probably Mikel + Drogba their final big game in a Chelsea shirt.

Give Cesc a shot to break the assists record.

Maybe Eden should be given a rest, he's not been that sharp in the last 3 games.

Cech

Azpi Zouma JT/Iva Luis

RLC Mikel

Cuad Cesc Eden/Remy

Drogba

Bench: Tibo, Ake, Matic, Gc, Iva/JT, Eden/Remy, Solanke.

Mourinho only lost 1 game at home in the PL and because of that I think that he will go with a strong team.

Based on what Jose said yesterday about the integrity of the league and the races two of our three remaining opponents are involved in, I'd guess West Brom is the best hope of seeing some youngsters. On the other hand, he'd probably prefer to give fringe players game time at home wouldn't he? Who knows, but a little experience could only help the lads perform if and when their real chance comes so I hope Jose will try to make that happen.

It is all well with our fans hoping youngsters feature from the start but it is just not going to happen. We have the league won but Mourinho will still want to get as much points as he can and will most certainly be playing his best team with maybe couple changes which does not feature youngsters. We have a home record to protect and there are points to accmulate. There is no way we will be seeing the likes of Ake or RLC from the start. Just not going to happen. The only realistic game where I can see one of them starting is our final game of the season against Sunderland. While I want to see youngsters come through I don't want to see them play just for the sake of it because we have won the league. I would like to see us beat Liverpool with our best team tbh and last day of the seaosn then see younsters play.

Think Mourinho will play the strongest team against Liverpool and if we are going to see youngsters get game time, it will be in the last 2 games at West Brom and at home to Sunderland.

Cech, Luis, Ake, Solanke and RLC should feature in the last games IMO. RLC should get a starting position in this game and who knows what might happen. What if he scores a goal? Then starts another game after this and media start building up the hype. Might end up saving us the 30+ mil on another midfielder. Ake is another player who should get playing time in game after Liverpool to prove that he is good enough to be the backup for Azpilicueta next season in case Luis leaves. Solanke will probably be loaned out next season but I would love to see at least a glimpse of him in the remaining games.

Champions!

I'd love us to reach the 90pts mark ... strongest lineup possible, please

Second that. We should look to maintain that big lead at the top of the table. It would be disappointing if it decreases to anything below 8 points.

Cech, Luis, Ake, Solanke and RLC should feature in the last games IMO. RLC should get a starting position in this game and who knows what might happen. What if he scores a goal? Then starts another game after this and media start building up the hype. Might end up saving us the 30+ mil on another midfielder. Ake is another player who should get playing time in game after Liverpool to prove that he is good enough to be the backup for Azpilicueta next season in case Luis leaves. Solanke will probably be loaned out next season but I would love to see at least a glimpse of him in the remaining games.

Champions!

You cant just play your reserves because you won the league. Its not fair on the other teams that are fighting for something.

I don't believe playing in these last few games (if they play) will be the reason for them playing or not playing next season. If Mou wants to use them next season, he will.

You go into every match looking to win. If you reach 90+ points, you prove your strength and superiority. Only three sides have been capable of reaching 90+. And after labouring through 2015, looking at league table with that amount of points makes it more worth it. But you think it's meaningless, that's fair.

We proved our strength and superiority by keeping clean sheets against our closest rivals and winning the title. Reaching 90+ points looks good but it is a meaningless stat UNLESS you can back it up the following season with another title

You cant just play your reserves because you won the league. Its not fair on the other teams that are fighting for something.

How does including one or two youth players in our starting lineup equal to playing reserves?

Hazard - Costa/Remy - Willian

Cesc

Matic RLC

Luis/Ake - JT - Zouma - Azpi/Iva

Cech

Doesn't look like a reserve squad to me.

At maximum we will see Zouma and Ruben. Which is okay. I hope Costa or Remy play this one.

I don't hope to see Costa playing again this season. Let him fully recover and give DD, Remy and Solanke the minutes.

At maximum we will see Zouma and Ruben. Which is okay. I hope Costa or Remy play this one.

Mourinho said Costa is unlikely to play again this season if we secure the title on Sunday (which we did) in last week's presser. Wants to give him all time to recover from his hamstring injury.